PDA

View Full Version : Minors & commissions

Akua
12-19-2014, 12:29 AM
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum qwq

I'm just curious, how would it work with a minor taking commissions? On dA, I take commissions of points because I'm 100% sure with that. It's just, we can't technically have a paypal to my knowledge, so how would that work, just in case I start wanting to take commissions on here? Weasyl doesn't have a points system like dA, and I doubt I'd be allowed to be commissioned through here and get paid with points on there(although, that would make things pretty easy for me, lol).

Thanks in advance for any help nwn

TealMoon
12-19-2014, 01:06 AM
Minors should not be doing commissions are getting them.
If something goes wrong then the other person is outta luck.

Storm
12-19-2014, 12:11 PM
Well... most likely laws force Weasyl to not allow it, regardless of their personal opinions and feelings. Or maybe there is a legal workaround if you can involve your parents or some other adult who is in a position of taking legal responsibility.

Fay V
12-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Weasyl isn't ireally involved in such a thing.

The site isn't an escrow service, we don't offer points, we don't act as a third party commission service. What this means is that we essentially are not involved with commissions between minors or otherwise, it's none of our business and we are not involved except people using the site as a platform to get commissions.

We do not currently have the staff or infrastructure to support artists in that way and provide a money service for commissions at this time.

Think of it like this. Weasyl is like a park where a lot of artists go and set up tables to show their work. Some artists sell their art there. Some artists have a card reader so they can get even more business. If you want to be an artist in a park and want a card reader it's up to you to find one and get one, you don't go to the park which is responsible for cutting grass and kicking out drunks to also provide you with a card reader or a cash register.

TealMoon
12-19-2014, 02:27 PM
I'd click the "THIS" button for Fay's post but it seems to have gone since I've been away. :/

Akua
12-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Ah thank you @Fay V nwn Thanks for clarifying.
And I love your comparison, btw xD

DrunkCat
12-20-2014, 10:52 PM
If you want to be an artist in a park and want a card reader it's up to you to find one and get one, you don't go to the park which is responsible for cutting grass and kicking out drunks to also provide you with a card reader or a cash register.

What about vending machines? I want a vending machine. With Sunkist. And blackjack. :(