PDA

View Full Version : changing user name?

Coffeepup
12-18-2014, 01:01 PM
I'd like to change my user name to Coffeepup (from Coffeehousedog) if the name is still available? I tried sending an email with that request to the email address provided in the FAQ but it keeps getting bounced back to me. Thanks for any help with this matter!

Tiger
12-18-2014, 02:30 PM
Username changed, feel free to post here again if there are any issues/you have any further comments, questions, or concerns! :)

piratelynlyn
03-07-2015, 04:42 PM
Hi I'm running into this exact same issue. I would like to change my username from "halflight" to "PirateLynLyn" I've tried sending an email after the first one failed and it looks like I'm getting bounced back again.

I get the following error message:
"Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain"

Thanks for any help!

Fiz
03-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Hi I'm running into this exact same issue. I would like to change my username from "halflight" to "PirateLynLyn" I've tried sending an email after the first one failed and it looks like I'm getting bounced back again.

I get the following error message:
"Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain"

Thanks for any help!

Could you pm me the full email header and text? It'll help us figure out if the mailing issue was from earlier this week today.

piratelynlyn
03-08-2015, 12:59 AM
I pm'd the first one and the last one from the first time I sent it. I recieved 2 more that are similar and quickly looking through it's pretty much the same minus the countdown. Would you like me to send you the email text from the try after the first one failed?

Thank you so much for looking at this.

Fiz
03-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Looks like our mail server was being wonky off and on lately. Hopefully all should be fixed now.

SickFeathers
03-26-2015, 09:28 PM
Just curious, how long does it take for emails regarding this to be responded to? I sent two emails and I guess I'm still waiting to see if it's possible to change my current username SickThePrick to SickFeathers

I have no idea why I thought having "Prick" in my username was charming, probably a retrospect kind of thing.

Fiz
03-27-2015, 04:56 AM
Just curious, how long does it take for emails regarding this to be responded to? I sent two emails and I guess I'm still waiting to see if it's possible to change my current username SickThePrick to SickFeathers

I have no idea why I thought having "Prick" in my username was charming, probably a retrospect kind of thing.

Usually doesn't take too long but we've had a large surge in support emails recently, and we also had an issue where e-mails weren't being received.

Did you mention your current username in the email? Because I did a search and didn't find anything mentioning "sicktheprick" or "sickfeathers" so I'm wondering if the e-mail even got received.

SickFeathers
03-27-2015, 01:40 PM
Usually doesn't take too long but we've had a large surge in support emails recently, and we also had an issue where e-mails weren't being received.

Did you mention your current username in the email? Because I did a search and didn't find anything mentioning "sicktheprick" or "sickfeathers" so I'm wondering if the e-mail even got received.

Yes, on both emails I made sure both were clearly labeled with "Current Username" and "Desired Username"
I'm sure there are a LOT of emails to go through so I'm sure that it's a pain and some may get lost! I just REALLY am regretful of my current username SickThePrick so I really would like to have it changed honestly.

Fiz
03-27-2015, 02:02 PM
Yes, on both emails I made sure both were clearly labeled with "Current Username" and "Desired Username"
I'm sure there are a LOT of emails to go through so I'm sure that it's a pain and some may get lost! I just REALLY am regretful of my current username SickThePrick so I really would like to have it changed honestly.

I'll just get it changed for you since it looks like the emails didn't get through at all.

You should be able to login as "SickFeathers" now.

SickFeathers
03-27-2015, 02:06 PM
I'll just get it changed for you since it looks like the emails didn't get through at all.

You should be able to login as "SickFeathers" now.

Thank you so much! Extremely helpful and amazingly quick response time, Weasyl is gosh dang the best!

pixiefox33
08-20-2015, 11:30 AM
i can't find the e-mail address to use to request a username change. when signing up i accidentally clicked on the "3" too many times and want to go from my
current name: pixiefox333
to
new name: pixiefox33
does anyone have the e-mail i can use to put in this request?

Fiz
08-20-2015, 11:34 AM
i can't find the e-mail address to use to request a username change. when signing up i accidentally clicked on the "3" too many times and want to go from my
current name: pixiefox333
to
new name: pixiefox33
does anyone have the e-mail i can use to put in this request?

support@weasyl.com

Be sure to e-mail us from the e-mail address that you used to register on Weasyl.

pixiefox33
08-20-2015, 11:36 AM
support@weasyl.com

Be sure to e-mail us from the e-mail address that you used to register on Weasyl.

thank you!!!!

jeythehusky
08-20-2015, 01:48 PM
support@weasyl.com

omg best thing ever. just sent an email. ^_^