PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Submission Bugs

Morphology
09-30-2012, 10:50 PM
2 bugs:

1.) I submitted a visual artwork entry and did not get the thumbnail selected, or was not presented the ability to make a thumbnail. The entry is now unaccessable in my "badges" folder. i.e there are 3 entries in there but it says 4.

2.) The submission button when choosing a file for the submission occasionally does not respond. I am not sure if this is due to the traffic currently or a legitimate bug.

Fiz
09-30-2012, 10:53 PM
2.) The submission button when choosing a file for the submission occasionally does not respond. I am not sure if this is due to the traffic currently or a legitimate bug.

I've had this happen to me too actually, just thought it was my end. Appears to be an actual bug of sorts then.

taasla
09-30-2012, 11:18 PM
The option to upload a file doesn't work for me either. I was trying to make a character profile, but can't until I can upload.

Donro
09-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Whoops! This submission's assigned tags suggest that it may contain content you do not wish to view.

I keep getting this, is it something on my end or like just a site thing?

Fiz
09-30-2012, 11:26 PM
Whoops! This submission's assigned tags suggest that it may contain content you do not wish to view.

Did you add anything to your tag filters?

Rhazafax
10-01-2012, 04:31 AM
The option to upload a file doesn't work for me either. I was trying to make a character profile, but can't until I can upload.

Same. Clicking the 'browse' button when trying to find artwork to tack onto a character submission will not respond, but after several minutes it will eventually allow me to click it and browse my computer folders.

taasla
10-01-2012, 06:03 AM
Did you add anything to your tag filters?

I got the same message when attempting to view the character I had just created. I have not edited my filtered tags at all yet. :)

edit: Nevermind, it's not a bug! If one doesn't have advanced filters set if you allow viewing of adult material, then all adult material will be blocked.

Perhaps filters should be set to standard only as a default?

oneandonly
10-01-2012, 07:50 AM
I too have the browse bug. Anyone want to name their browsers? It may have something to do with that. Mine is Chrome.

Aden
10-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Yeah, browse bug is probably a browser thing. For anyone who's having that, it'd be greatly appreciated if you could share your browser, version, and OS. Thanks!

taasla
10-01-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm on Firefox 15.0.1 using Windows 7. I also have ghostery and adblock running, but not noscript.

MordrudesMonsters
10-01-2012, 12:42 PM
I'm having a submission bug too now. I go to submit, put in all of the tags and hit next to get to the thumbnail selection screen, and I get this:

Whoops! An unexpected error occurred and your request could not be fully processed.

Edit: also running Chrome on Windows 7

Edit2: Also tried on Firefox, same result.

Rhazafax
10-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Google Chrome reporting same issue ~

Pillowing
10-01-2012, 01:49 PM
"Whoops! An unexpected error occurred and your request could not be fully processed."

I've got the same problem on my end!
I use the latest Google Chrome. My computer is Windows 7 home edition. Hope it's fixed up soon.

uropygid
10-01-2012, 03:01 PM

I keep getting this same notification -- I have max content set to 18+ and haven't done anything with the tag filters. I only get this notification on Adult rated stuff, not Mature.

Gamerd
10-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Im also unable to see some of my pics. It shows 7 but only 2 are shown.

taasla
10-01-2012, 03:24 PM
I keep getting this same notification -- I have max content set to 18+ and haven't done anything with the tag filters. I only get this notification on Adult rated stuff, not Mature.

You need to turn off advanced filters. Advanced filters serves as a whitelist. If you have Explicit on and Advanced filters, then you will only see what is specified in that section. Having the advanced filters blank will result in everything getting blocked.

Change the setting to "basic" only, and that will block what you don't want to see.

uropygid
10-01-2012, 03:57 PM
You need to turn off advanced filters. Advanced filters serves as a whitelist. If you have Explicit on and Advanced filters, then you will only see what is specified in that section. Having the advanced filters blank will result in everything getting blocked.

Change the setting to "basic" only, and that will block what you don't want to see.

I... think... this is what I have it set as? :confused: It's just set to "standard" - http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee391/uropygid/weasyl_tagpage.jpg

Fiz
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
I... think... this is what I have it set as? :confused: It's just set to "standard" - http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee391/uropygid/weasyl_tagpage.jpg

Go to settings -> site preferences and scroll down to Tag Filtering and set it to standard filters only.

MordrudesMonsters
10-01-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm having a submission bug too now. I go to submit, put in all of the tags and hit next to get to the thumbnail selection screen, and I get this:

Whoops! An unexpected error occurred and your request could not be fully processed.

Edit: also running Chrome on Windows 7

Edit2: Also tried on Firefox, same result.

Hey guys, any info/updates on this? I assume this isn't site-wide, since the thumbnails on the home page are changing.

Aden
10-07-2012, 09:53 PM
The submission button when choosing a file for the submission occasionally does not respond

I've had this happen to me too actually, just thought it was my end. Appears to be an actual bug of sorts then.

The option to upload a file doesn't work for me either

Same. Clicking the 'browse' button when trying to find artwork to tack onto a character submission will not respond, but after several minutes it will eventually allow me to click it and browse my computer folders.

Rebuilt the file inputs from scratch; should be very much more reliable now. I was using an odd technique before that I now realize was completely unnecessary!