PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] "Flooding" rule, will there be one?

MordrudesMonsters
09-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Especially relevant today since I have a few years' worth of art to upload when the main site goes live. Will there be a rule like FA has about how many submissions a user can post at once? I already saw the rule about only 3 angles or use a collage instead. (Speaking of collages, is there going to be a restrictive maximum file dimension? I could collage my problem pieces easily if not). I just don't want to get on anybody's bad side right out of the gate!

Verona
09-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Especially relevant today since I have a few years' worth of art to upload when the main site goes live. Will there be a rule like FA has about how many submissions a user can post at once? I already saw the rule about only 3 angles or use a collage instead. (Speaking of collages, is there going to be a restrictive maximum file dimension? I could collage my problem pieces easily if not). I just don't want to get on anybody's bad side right out of the gate!

Thatsa a good question! I also like to know that.

taasla
09-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Me too! I have over 1,000 submissions on FA and I plan on eventually migrating a large chunk of them to Weasyl. :)

Verona
09-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Me too! I have over 1,000 submissions on FA and I plan on eventually migrating a large chunk of them to Weasyl. :)

Hahahahah! So many? Wow! O:

Fay V
09-30-2012, 07:40 PM
We don't have a rule against mass uploading at the moment. We just ask that users are thoughtful about their posting habits. If you have a lot of of submissions to upload please consider spacing them out, especially since we aren't looking to pressure test our site as hard as we can right of the bat (1000 submissions? wow!)

In photography we do have rules against too many of the same kind of image, and ask that users make a collage instead. Thanks for checking in with us on this.

MordrudesMonsters
09-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Understandable! I'm planning to spread it out over a few days or weeks, whenever I get time to sit down and find files and what-not.

About the collage rule though, is there a maximum file dimension? Most of my submissions are 750px by <750px, so I could easily combine two or more to make collages as long as it won't wreck my sizing like FA does. I'd start prepping collages for what needed them done now if I knew definitively what my limitations were.

AtomiKamikaze
09-30-2012, 08:35 PM
We don't have a rule against mass uploading at the moment. We just ask that users are thoughtful about their posting habits. If you have a lot of of submissions to upload please consider spacing them out, especially since we aren't looking to pressure test our site as hard as we can right of the bat (1000 submissions? wow!)

In photography we do have rules against too many of the same kind of image, and ask that users make a collage instead. Thanks for checking in with us on this.

Also quick question: Will stacked pictures (like in pixiv) be available pretty soon? That may take a load off of the site.

No worries from me, I barely uploaded to even dA in the last 6 months.

MordrudesMonsters
09-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Also quick question: Will stacked pictures (like in pixiv) be available pretty soon? That may take a load off of the site.

Pixiv? I'm curious now :3c What is that?

Verona
09-30-2012, 09:06 PM
I also didnt uploaded stuff the last weeks on DA, because I dont care about it. Btw, Atomi (hope you dont mind I call you that), nice title! OPPA GANGNAM STYLE!

AtomiKamikaze
09-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Pixiv? I'm curious now :3c What is that?

*le gasp* Allow me to enlighten thee.
http://www.pixiv.com/ http://www.pixiv.net (english-ish beta and japanese original)
It's a pretty awesome site, even while I only know basic Nihongo I love this place.

And @ Verona: Heyell yeh. Gangnam Style!

Fay V
09-30-2012, 11:02 PM

We have a plan to allow submissions that use multiple files, but we don't have an ETA yet. The coders have been focusing on getting our essential Beta features working.