PDA

View Full Version : Comic books?

Rieza
11-19-2014, 08:53 PM
so I've found a few comic book nerd furries and I was wondering if there was anymore on here. I'm a bit of a DC fanboy but I do read Captain America and other titles from other publishers. Really I'm just curious to see how many are floating around on here

rbartrop
11-20-2014, 04:03 AM
I used to collect a lot, but I had to cut back. I was mostly into manga and small press stuff, though lately I've been interested in the European comics.

All time favourite comics, in no particular order:
Blacksad
2001 Nights
Excalibur
Albedo Anthropomorphics
Ironwolf
OMAC (the original Jack Kirby series)

Rieza
11-20-2014, 02:17 PM
I used to collect a lot, but I had to cut back. I was mostly into manga and small press stuff, though lately I've been interested in the European comics.

All time favourite comics, in no particular order:
Blacksad
2001 Nights
Excalibur
Albedo Anthropomorphics
Ironwolf
OMAC (the original Jack Kirby series)

I don't know of a furry comic book nerd not reading at least one of the Blacksad books and anything Jack Kirby touched is amazing. I think I've heard of Excalibur just haven't read any of it or most of the other titles you listed

rbartrop
11-21-2014, 02:14 PM
Blacksad is just great stuff, furry or otherwise.
The early issues of Excalibur, with the gorgeous Alan Davis art, and Claremont writing, or probably the best. It's superheros with a quirky English twist. Think The Avengers mets The Avengers. There's a collection of the early Captain Britain about that provides a lot of background info, and is quite entertaining in its own right.
2001 Nights is an outstanding science fiction manga series by Hoshino Inobu. He draws his characters more realistically than what we've come to expect from manga/anima art. In some ways, it's a lot like Interstellar.
Albedo Anthropomorphics combined herd science fiction with top notch art. Like Blacksad, it's a "furry" comic for people who think they don't like furry comics.
Ironwolf is a fun space opera by Howard Chaykin, and one of his earliest professional works.

sassySloth
11-23-2014, 06:37 AM
I believe this is already a thread - https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?6602-Attention-all-comic-fans

BTW: I have not read Blacksad because it is furry garbage ;-]