PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Increase Stream Timer

Takaia
11-19-2014, 12:06 AM
I know someone who, when he streams, often streams for 12 straight hours. I know that's a lot, but it would be nice to be able to set the stream to run for more than 6 hours. Another thing is, if someone does art as their full time job, they'd likely be wanting to stream for 8 hours or more (a normal work day), which I feel they should be able to set their stream to.

Kurk2288
11-19-2014, 08:18 AM
I'm not too familiar with streams, the settings and how it works...

Are you suggesting longer stream length settings, so you don't have to refill the stream status?
IF it's longer than 6 hours.

Edit:
I guess it would be annoying if you had to refill it 2 times per stream, if you're a habitual streamer.
Maybe 12 hours is a reasonable limit after all?

Fiz
11-19-2014, 10:21 AM
I think at one point it was originally somewhere between 8-12 hour max limit, but people were setting it at the maximum amount of time, even if they were only streaming for a few hours, causing their empty stream to stay on the stream page and main page which bothered a lot of people. That is why there is a 6 hour limit now.

Right now if you think you'll be streaming longer than the 6 hours, towards the end of the 6 hour time you can go and update the stream information to include more time and it should still keep your stream information up.

Takaia
11-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Ah okay that's reasonable. Thanks for the info Fiz!