PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Having Problems Posting on Weasyl! Please help!

DiscordMelody
11-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Hey, I was hoping someone could help me.
I'm trying to post a picture on Weasyl, but I keep getting this error message when I press continue on my submission!

Bad gateway

The web server reported a bad gateway error.

Ray ID: 189dc95eb3960856
Your IP address: 68.57.128.109
Error reference number: 502
CloudFlare Location: Ashburn

I've been trying to post for a while now. Can someone tell me what I should do?

Nanuk
11-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Hey there!

We're aware that some users are having issues submitting to Weasyl at this time. We're working on identifying the root cause of the problem and hope to have a resolution soon.

Can I ask what you're trying to upload? If you can get me information such as filetype, size, etc. I can pass that on to our development team and that might help them diagnose the problem.

Thank you! And sorry for any inconvenience.

Dipper
11-15-2014, 06:09 PM
I am also have the same problem.

File type: mp3
File size: 4.32 mb
Uploaded with cover art
Not placed in any folder

Any other info you need, I can pass along.

Ceeb
11-15-2014, 06:42 PM
So delightful to have to make a second account just to use the forum.

Same issue here. Trying to attach cover art to a story. The story posts fine. If I try to attach cover art, it fails. The image is just a 1.69MB PNG.

ALPgroup
11-15-2014, 06:45 PM
same problem, it seems to be reigonal. I can post from home but i cant post from my cloud

Site Error | WeasylWeasyl experienced a technical issue Sorry about that. If problems persist, please check the Weasyl status page for details. Bad gateway
Ray ID: 189ef8939f880c3b
Your IP address: 54.201.168.210
CloudFlare Location: Seattle

DiscordMelody
11-15-2014, 10:09 PM
It's a PNG file, and it's 1.14 MB size.

Dipper
11-15-2014, 11:04 PM
There is a reason for having a second login for the forum.

If the site goes down, you could still conceivably reach the forum. But if there was a single login, you would have no way to post at a time when posting becomes most important.

hellkat9940
11-15-2014, 11:19 PM
Also having the same issue with a 4 mb JPG

Bad gateway

Ray ID: 18a07fac0c1410bd
Your IP address: 64.235.85.39
CloudFlare Location: Chicago

Dipper
11-16-2014, 08:55 AM
On the off chance that what Ceeb reported might be the problem, tried to repost without the cover art. Nope Same problem.

Also getting it from the CloudFlare Location of Chicago.

Bad gateway

Ray ID: 18a3d35d9c9210bd
Your IP address: 99.5.249.165
CloudFlare Location: Chicago

DiscordMelody
11-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Hey there!

We're aware that some users are having issues submitting to Weasyl at this time. We're working on identifying the root cause of the problem and hope to have a resolution soon.

Can I ask what you're trying to upload? If you can get me information such as filetype, size, etc. I can pass that on to our development team and that might help them diagnose the problem.

Thank you! And sorry for any inconvenience.

I'm still having trouble posting today as well.
File type: PNG
File size: 1.14 MB

AndiGreyScale
11-16-2014, 08:44 PM
I've been trying to post artwork for three days now. Still no luck. =(

Fiz
11-16-2014, 11:01 PM
We're waiting to hear back from Cloudflare about this issue.

In the mean time as a current work around, the Waxpost crossposter extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/waxpost-weasyl-crossposte/boddplgmdhddfmchbifhpdpekfdaenjc?hl=en) does work for uploading if the submission is already posted elsewhere.

Dipper
11-16-2014, 11:41 PM

In the mean time as a current work around, the Waxpost crossposter extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/waxpost-weasyl-crossposte/boddplgmdhddfmchbifhpdpekfdaenjc?hl=en) does work for uploading if the submission is already posted elsewhere.

This is great for those who post art. It does not work at all for music.

Noxid
11-16-2014, 11:53 PM
What if you upload the .mp3 somewhere else i.e. dropbox, and then just put a url to it in the file field?
I mean that's a fair amount of extra steps but, as a workaround I think it might let you continue uploading.

AndiGreyScale
11-17-2014, 12:19 AM

Thanks, unfortunately I do not upload my artwork to the supported sites. It's alright, I can wait. Just worried about how long it will take.

weykent
11-17-2014, 01:53 AM
This is great for those who post art. It does not work at all for music.

what sites would you want to be able to crosspost from for music?

Dipper
11-17-2014, 04:11 AM
What if you upload the .mp3 somewhere else i.e. dropbox, and then just put a url to it in the file field?
I mean that's a fair amount of extra steps but, as a workaround I think it might let you continue uploading.

Nice idea, except the file field will only allow me to upload from my computer, and the embed field won't take dropbox, only YouTube, Video, Soundcloud, and Bandcamp

- - - Updated - - -

what sites would you want to be able to crosspost from for music?

FurAffinity, primarily. I also have accounts on Inkbunny and SoFurry.

Noxid
11-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Nice idea, except the file field will only allow me to upload from my computer, and the embed field won't take dropbox, only YouTube, Video, Soundcloud, and Bandcamp

I mean like, just type / paste the url into the file field like this:

http://i.imgur.com/Jaf7AQB.png

It should let you do that.

Fiz
11-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Uploading should be fixed now, let us know if you have further issues.

Dipper
11-17-2014, 10:05 PM
thank you!!!