PDA

View Full Version : Running through the Mass Effect trilogy again *spoilers, spoilers everywhere*

TeenageAngst
10-17-2014, 04:28 AM
I sort of bumbled my way through a paragon femshep the first time without doing the DLC, some sidequests, etc. and just ended up making a mess of it. Somehow or another I got loads of people killed in 2, how I don't know as the game telegraphed NOTHING about how to avoid their deaths, and then all the crew died, and I was like why. Because I did sidequests? And then in 3, oh my god, I accidentally had both Legion and Tali commit suicide in 3.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/275/2/c/jontron_nightshade_reaction_gif_by_metroid0070-d5gmyks.png

That was me for like 5 goddamn minutes.

And then the ending don't even get me STARTED.

But at the end of the day I loved the trilogy to pieces, flawed dynamics and all. I'm gonna run it through as paragon male shep and renegade femshep since apparently it flows better, doing all the side stuff and seeing all the DLC which apparently is stellar.

So yeah, post those Mass Effect moments.

Harbinger
10-17-2014, 07:36 AM
I never replayed a game so much as the first 2, and i know bad sequels shouldnt take away from existing entries but it just all felt pointless after that abysmal conclusion.
The multiplayer of 3 was top notch though.

Kaedal
10-17-2014, 08:16 AM
My opinion of the series changed with each game. After the first one, I thought it was going to turn into an epic, massive space opera trilogy. Instead it felt very subdued. The Collector's appeared out of nowhere, and it felt like Mass Effect 2 was just tacked on to bridge the gap between the original and the finale.

I rather expected there to be a lot of fighting the Reapers in Mass Effect 2. Instead, the Reapers took a backseat, and the Collector's became the bigger threat. I still really like the series, but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed they didn't show more of the Reapers, given that they're the main antagonists.

Antumbra
10-17-2014, 12:49 PM
I personally loved these games, minus the craptastic ending (even after the update). The fact that teammates could die if you made the wrong decisions was awesome. I must have played through the entire trilogy about 6 or 7 times to finally get the story I was shooting for.

For such a wonderful game series it really did have one of the worst endings ever. The whole game was focused around making individual decisions, and then it had the most linear, anti-climatic ending.

TeenageAngst
10-17-2014, 02:24 PM
ME2 was so weird because the writing crew was in a bit of a turnover and couldn't decide what direction to take the 3rd. It was originally going to be some tomfoolery with the dark matter in the sun but then they retconned that to say that nope, it's just reapers invading. It stuck in my craw that the sun was going nova and you couldn't even walk on it, then nope, nope, quarian homeworld is fine.