PDA

View Full Version : Ever done something crazy...

FlynnCoyote
10-13-2014, 05:16 AM
...like decide you wanted to buy an electric guitar?

I picked this up today. It's a pretty basic starter guitar, Australian made Monterey.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/286/3/8/i_did_a_bad_thing____by_serpion5-d82ntzr.jpg

I've been regretting passing up the opportunity to learn an instrument during High School for years now and decided it was time to turn that around. For better or worse, at least in the next few months to years I'll either have closure or a sweet new hobby. :)

Anyone else done something like this before?

Tipsy
10-13-2014, 08:52 AM
I didn't do it myself, but my fiancÚ bought a violin for me as a birthday gift this year. I've always wanted to learn, and like you, I'm kicking myself for not learning earlier when it would have been easier. I thought he was crazy for getting that for me, but I'll learn how to play it eventually, lol. :'D

FlynnCoyote
10-13-2014, 05:33 PM
I didn't do it myself, but my fiancÚ bought a violin for me as a birthday gift this year. I've always wanted to learn, and like you, I'm kicking myself for not learning earlier when it would have been easier. I thought he was crazy for getting that for me, but I'll learn how to play it eventually, lol. :'D

For years I actually did want to learn the violin as well. The main reason I decided on the guitar instead was that in the years since passing up the chance, I've become a huge fan of the metal music genre and would love to eventually be able to play some of my favourite songs and riffs. :)

SweetSushi
10-16-2014, 04:52 AM
I love the Violin, I can't play it tough. I would love to learn it someday, but knowing me I will prob be to impatient to learn the skills >__< I learned the guitar when I was little, but that didn't hold long so I can't play at all. I also tried the ukulele when I was a bit older, it was allot of fun at the time and I liked the sound. But again It didn't hold long, so I can't play it. I guess I am just not the music type, even tough my mother and sister can play several music instruments very well.

WolfNightV4X1
10-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Huh, have you played at all thus far, hows that going for you?

I once was dared to run across the lobby of my dorm blaring 'the fox' on speaker. I did...

Also, me and my friends danced to lots of stupid songs in the courtyard of our high school...gangnam style and caramelldansen.

Another time I was dared to hug a random stranger and say 'peanut butter'

...Im reckless I tell you

TeenageAngst
10-24-2014, 07:42 AM
The only thing crazy in the OP is the fact that he bought a guitar that wasn't American made.

Kaedal
10-24-2014, 02:42 PM
I've been wanting to buy an acoustic guitar for a while, but I can't get around to it. Besides the fact I seem to have ten thumbs, I have no idea where I would even begin to learn how to play it!