PDA

View Full Version : [FORUM] Forum Albums?

RadioCatastrophe
09-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Wondering if anyone knew how to make an album through their profile, I'm trying to customize my profile page but I can't upload a custom background from my computer it has to come from my personal album... :U

Any suggestions or is this not something that's yet available?

Taw
09-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Forum Albums are disabled to save space, and we figure once the main site is open people can use their mainsite to host their content and not our forums instead.

Regarding this though, I will look into changing this to work from uploading outside of an album. Though I'm not sure when I can get around to tweaking this currently. I'll add it to my to-do list though! (Currently tweaking and cleaning up the spiffy forum ranks and such I just implemented, mainly backend stuff to tweak though now!)

RadioCatastrophe
09-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Kay cool ^^
I'll be looking out for an update!

GingerM
09-24-2012, 10:12 PM
(Currently tweaking and cleaning up the spiffy forum ranks and such I just implemented, mainly backend stuff to tweak though now!)

And very spiffy they look, too! Thank you :D

Taw
09-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Just a small update regarding this:

I am looking into possible alternatives we can use for background images without the use of albums. So far, it seems that vBulletin has no option to change the functionality of the User Profile Customization in regards to a background image.

This is still pretty far back on our to-do list however, so I'm not sure when we'll get around to it, or if we'll implement any changes. We may just remove the field and only allow colour changes. I'll discuss it with the rest of the Forum Support team and see what possibilities we can do regarding this issue though.

RadioCatastrophe
09-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Alright, personally I'd like to keep it just for looks sake but the final decision is up to you all controlling the forums.

Lizard King
09-27-2012, 09:33 AM
You mean like this (http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/member.php?403-Lizard-King)?

Taw
09-27-2012, 04:32 PM
You mean like this (http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/member.php?403-Lizard-King)?

Ah, guess I wasn't reading the warning it was providing me with when I was looking into this fully. :p

You can use images hosted elsewhere still for profile backgrounds, but you cannot upload one directly from your computer onto the site.

Guess that clears things up and makes me have less work to do overall. :D