PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Main Site Feature Request

GingerM
09-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Would it be possible, eventually, to have multiple avatars that cycle through automatically, a la; SoFurry? It would be good also to be able to tag avatars as being PG or M, too, so that M or above are shown only to people with the appropriate filters.

This is, I realize, a comparatively minor feature in terms of site functionality, but I thought I put the idea on the table. It occurs to me also that this is the sort of thing that would be ideal as a Premium perk. NOT having it certainly wouldn't interfere with browsing and viewing; it's more a convenience / eye candy thing.

Ginger

Taw
09-24-2012, 04:06 PM
We actually are working on implementing rotating avatars as far as I know. I don't believe we will have tagging on avatars though.

I will inquire with Kihari when I can about the current plans on this, and I will direct him to this thread when I can.

GingerM
09-24-2012, 05:08 PM
We actually are working on implementing rotating avatars as far as I know. I don't believe we will have tagging on avatars though.

I will inquire with Kihari when I can about the current plans on this, and I will direct him to this thread when I can.

So if one has an M or A rated avatar in the rotation, it would show up for all viewers regardless of their maturity settings? I don't know how fancy the SoFurry one is, but I'm pretty sure you can toggle avatars as being adult or not, so that underage/SFW viewers won't show those avatars. What they do when an adult/NSFW avatar comes up and the viewer's settings are PG/SFW, I have no idea. Of course, the other way to deal with it is simply to remind all users that avatars may be seen by anyone of any age and in any environment, so nothing sexual or otherwise unsafe.

No rush on contacting Kihari; I imagine there's all kinds of details that MUST be sorted out before the public beta opens, and I really can't see this as being one of them. That, or you guys are far, far more organized than other sites :D

Taw
09-24-2012, 05:22 PM
In regards to the question about PG/Mature ratings on avatars:

Our community guidelines state under General Upload Rules, section C:

5. Avatars, Banners, and Profile Pictures: Do not upload an avatar, banner, or profile picture that
is not suitable for all audiences, as such content is accessible to everyone.

Perhaps we can revise this in the future, but personally I feel that we should try and set a standard for those sorts of things and keep them clean. I personally wouldn't want to see a lot of sexual fetishes in avatars or something, since there'd be no way to filter that unless we code in a filter for it as well, and tagging and such. It just seems like it'd be a lot of trouble to me. *shrug*

GingerM
09-24-2012, 10:07 PM
In regards to the question about PG/Mature ratings on avatars:

Our community guidelines state under General Upload Rules, section C:

Perhaps we can revise this in the future, but personally I feel that we should try and set a standard for those sorts of things and keep them clean. I personally wouldn't want to see a lot of sexual fetishes in avatars or something, since there'd be no way to filter that unless we code in a filter for it as well, and tagging and such. It just seems like it'd be a lot of trouble to me. *shrug*

You're right; with that policy in place, it would be more trouble than it's worth to have avatar filtering. I'll ensure my avatars are either close-cropped on the face or otherwise suitable for family viewing :)