PDA

View Full Version : looking for a cheap/free animation software

redwolfdragon
09-26-2014, 11:37 PM
I just need something that can piece together the drawings I create, and can handle a possible movie(?) type thing I'm planning on maybe possibly making someday.

I'd like it to be either a cheap disk or free download.

Sireux
09-27-2014, 03:04 AM
Pencil is always fun if you're looking for somewhat of a neat rather tiny application!

inkou
09-28-2014, 03:19 PM
I always used Monkeyjam for drawn animations o3o
It's free too

Moogle
09-28-2014, 03:33 PM
Toon Boom's (https://www.toonboom.com/) pretty good and priced more reasonably than TvPaint. If I were to recommend any, it'd be those two. You can also piece together an animation in Photoshop (I know CS6 has a timeline right in it, I'm not sure about other versions though). :x3:

Edit: Just checked out Monkeyjam, gonna suggest that too over the ones I've posted. Looks simple to use especially if you're just combining drawings. Also, who can say no to free?! XD

inkou
09-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Yeah for drawn images Monkeyjam's pretty neat- super easy to use, if I remember correctly you can even take pictures using MJ and it'll automatically combine them, if not you just upload the photos and it's easy to swap them around and such (:

Can't remember what file your film gets saved as, but it can be played on windows media player (oh my, i miss those days)

ShadWolf
09-30-2014, 12:31 PM
There's GIMP, there's thousands of animation tutorials out there :3