PDA

View Full Version : Applications Open

Fay V
09-16-2014, 07:55 PM
https://www.weasyl.com/static/media/f0/61/e3/f061e342131ffc96dde2bdbd00483cd4619f0ac72135ff4b03 432d8a22332bf1.png

Hello again, Weasyl users!

It's been a while since our last update; rest assured, our staff have been busy working away behind the scenes on new features and bigger, better coding updates. In the meantime, we are looking to bring on a few new moderators so we can continue to provide quick and effective service to the users of Weasyl.
The Moderator positions available are for main site moderators, responsible for answering reports for submission and journal violations. We are not currently looking for forum-exclusive moderators.

Moderators will be expected to work in a team environment to answer reports in a reasonable time from their initial creation and be able to respond to the community should questions about decisions arise. Applicants should have developed interpersonal skills and a desire to help build a more cohesive, friendly community for artists and art appreciators of all sorts. In addition, we are asking that applicants be able to dedicate several hours a week to site work and be available for communication on a regular basis. Previous moderation experience is preferred, but not required.

If you are interested in a moderator position here on Weasyl, please submit the following form: Mod Application Form. (https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/application-forms.php?appid=2) The forms will close October 3rd, and selections will be finalized October 10th. Applicants must be 18+, have a forum account, and be familiar with the Weasyl Community Guidelines and Ratings Guidelines, as well as the Staff Code of Conduct.

Despite our need for more volunteers, positions are limited. Applicants are not guaranteed a position on Weasyl’s staff.

We are also always on the lookout for new coders, particularly as we prepare for a new phase of Weasyl development. If you are interested in volunteering for Weasyl in a development or technical capacity and are proficient in Python, please contact Struguri with Weasyl Dev at struguri@weasyl.com

Image by Fiz

Arborath
09-16-2014, 10:24 PM
I seem to be having issues with the application form however I sent you a ticket about it :)

Iscin
09-18-2014, 01:10 AM
Just finished the application.

KaydenFrei
09-18-2014, 10:37 AM
Sent one in, hopefully that goes through : )

BlueJaySF
09-18-2014, 04:59 PM
I just sent in an application that has zero percent chance of passing but one hundred percent chance of making its readers feel better during their work shifts.

Don't hate me because I'm awesome, okay?

Fay V
09-18-2014, 07:26 PM
I just sent in an application that has zero percent chance of passing but one hundred percent chance of making its readers feel better during their work shifts.

Don't hate me because I'm awesome, okay?

10/10 would blaspheme again

BlueJaySF
09-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Glad to hear I succeeded in my goal.

Once the window for admissions is closed, you can post my application here if such a desire strikes you, that others can partake in the merriment (although I'll inform you now that posting my E-mail is forbidden, FYI).

Iscin
09-20-2014, 04:50 AM
Oh, I submit this as the official banning (http://www.pown.it/205) message.

Tiger
09-21-2014, 12:13 AM
Oh, I submit this as the official banning (http://www.pown.it/205) message.

That is absolutely fantastic :D

FlynnCoyote
09-21-2014, 04:07 AM
I'll give it a try.

Iscin
09-21-2014, 04:58 AM
I just realised I made an error in my application. One I can clarify if I get accepted though.

Fay V
09-21-2014, 12:58 PM
I just realised I made an error in my application. One I can clarify if I get accepted though.

Yes, or you can send a PM to me with the clarifying information

PheagleAdler
09-22-2014, 07:28 AM
just resubmitted as I missed a few fields...just ignore the first application.

Nightpaws
09-27-2014, 08:18 PM
I've applied!

Despite my quietness on hear I've taken on board the advice I was given before and been a very busy wuff indeed. :)

Also, I really wish that the application kept a log of all the stuff I wrote and deleted. The number of tangent stories I went off on was spectacular. I've kept a few in to make it an interesting read for you though!

ShadWolf
09-30-2014, 12:33 AM
I've submitted an application. Here's me hoping I get accepted! :3

Takaia
09-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Ahhh I submitted my application! I hope I have a chance I really think that being a mod for Weasyl would be a super awesome opportunity. I'm eager for October 10th to roll around for the results. Good luck to everyone!

Tipsy
10-01-2014, 08:58 AM
I gave it a shot, but I had to login again after I clicked submit, so I hope it went through alright! This sounds like it would be a really interesting experience. Good luck to all the applicants! :)

Taw
10-01-2014, 06:59 PM
I gave it a shot, but I had to login again after I clicked submit, so I hope it went through alright! This sounds like it would be a really interesting experience. Good luck to all the applicants! :)

The application was received, even though you had to login again.

Tipsy
10-01-2014, 08:05 PM
The application was received, even though you had to login again.

Thanks for confirming! Much appreciated. c:

Iscin
10-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Yes, or you can send a PM to me with the clarifying information

It's very minor. I can clarify the difference if my application is accepted.