PDA

View Full Version : Bold font?

BlissfulOblivion
09-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Is the main site supposed to be all in bold font or is something wrong with my browser or something? I thought it looked funny at first and then when I tried to bold something in the text area of a post it didn't look any different. I did bold + italics and it had the same weight as the rest of the font but italicized, and then I did just italics and it had a lighter font weight and italics. Is something up or am I just going crazy? :s

Taw
09-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Is the main site supposed to be all in bold font or is something wrong with my browser or something? I thought it looked funny at first and then when I tried to bold something in the text area of a post it didn't look any different. I did bold + italics and it had the same weight as the rest of the font but italicized, and then I did just italics and it had a lighter font weight and italics. Is something up or am I just going crazy? :s

Which web browser are you using? Does it do this in other browsers? Does this only affect www.weasyl.com and no other website?

The most common cause for this is a corrupt font on your computer, causing it to switch to a different one in place of the one that's not working.

BlissfulOblivion
09-12-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm using Chrome and it does the same thing in Firefox but I don't have any other browsers.
It only affects Weasyl. Other websites are fine.

And okay, I'll test to figure out if it's a corrupt font.

Taw
09-13-2014, 12:28 AM
Check and see which versions of the following fonts are installed in your Fonts folder: Lucida Sans, Lucida Grande, Arial, Roboto.

Also see if you have multiple versions of them too, such as black, bold, bold italic, italic, narrow, narrow bold, narrow bold italic, narrow italic and regular (Arial has these). Roboto should have condensed, condensed bold, condensed italic and condensed light.

BlissfulOblivion
09-20-2014, 07:24 PM
I didn't have Lucida Grande or Roboto, but I installed them and it's still not working. I checked and they have all the variations, but the website's still bold.

Taw
09-22-2014, 06:58 PM
The only other reasons I can think of would be that it could be a problem with your Arial font missing certain core pieces. Reinstalling the font may fix it. Otherwise, it could be a registry issue, but I'm not 100% certain.

I know we had a similar issue, where the site rendered in all Italics for someone. Though I don't think that it was resolved, unfortunately.

https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?3952-All-site-text-in-Italics

I'll keep poking around and see what solutions people may have for this, but I can't really think of any reasons why this occurs in multiple browsers and only on the Weasyl mainsite.