PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of LINE?

TheCaley
08-25-2014, 01:49 PM
(Here's the link, if you're interested http://line.me/en/ )

I recently acquired it because of some difficulties with Skype - notably calling and group chats. So far I like it. It's simple-ish, fast and is available across several platforms.

Most of the features I use are free, there are also extensions you can buy/download. I haven't had a chance to use group chats yet and I hope it's more reliable than Skype's.

What do you guys think of it?

Noxid
08-25-2014, 04:51 PM
It's a nice idea but, the main problem with skype is I'd have to convince everyone *else* to stop using it first :b
unless this lets you connect to your skype contacts and I didn't see that

TheCaley
08-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Convincing people is a difficulty, yes. I'm not sure. It checks to see if your mobile phone contacts also use it, so the possibility for a plug-in isn't out of the real of possibility. However, I don't think I found it yet, either. It would be nice, that way I wouldn't have to worry about it. I could talk to them via Line instead of Skype and they wouldn't need to switch over.

medacris
09-03-2014, 11:34 AM
I use it, but only for logging into LINEPlay (which is under maintenance right now in the U.S., so I won't be able to play it for another couple weeks) and LINEPop.