PDA

View Full Version : Games that you would like to see on PC

LauriJ
08-17-2014, 03:52 AM
Same as title. Which games and franchises that so far only appeared on consoles you would like to see on PC someday? For me, the Metroid Prime trilogy and the Last of Us would be cool to have. A non-exclusive console game on other hand would be Mindjack. What about you?

Hewge
08-17-2014, 04:28 AM
Halo series, I guess.

LauriJ
08-17-2014, 07:09 AM
Halo series, I guess.

Yeah, Halo is awesome. :)

Gumshoe
08-17-2014, 10:57 AM
Star wars: The Clone Wars (Xbox original exclusive based on the second episode of star wars, not the cartoon).

I still have a copy sitting on my shelf. Can't play it because my Xbox original is out of commission and Microsoft decided to make "some" games compatible with the 360.

BlueJaySF
08-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Halo series, I guess.

Some of those are on PC, but yeah, they could get around to bringing others over.

- - - Updated - - -

Microsoft decided to make "some" games compatible with the 360.

It was a technical restriction, not a corporate screw-over. Constantly downloading patches to make a system backwards-compatible was stupid to begin with, but because PlayStation 2 could do BC without needing updates (being a wholly different design), consumers decided to believe that it should be automatically given to them in spite of design limits.

Gumshoe
08-17-2014, 01:49 PM
It was a technical restriction, not a corporate screw-over. Constantly downloading patches to make a system backwards-compatible was stupid to begin with, but because PlayStation 2 could do BC without needing updates (being a wholly different design), consumers decided to believe that it should be automatically given to them in spite of design limits.

I didn't know that before. My apologies if I sounded like I was inflicting offense to Microsoft for not making all games backwards compatible with the 360.

Bottom line: I still would like to see clone wars on PC since I can't play it anywhere else.

BlueJaySF
08-17-2014, 03:25 PM
In all honesty, Microsoft should have kept a lot of games out of the BC patches (I'm looking at you, Barbie Horse Adventures). Having killer apps like Halo and Halo 2 playable is one thing, because having a selection of mega-success games available is a smart move, but they should have stuck to their guns and said "No, we're not doing constant updates for only a little payoff to try and imitate a totally different system, you should just keep your old system instead."

Don't worry, you didn't sound like an ass. A lot of people aren't aware that Sony's PS2 had software close enough to the PS1 that they could do full BC, whereas the Xbox 360 had different software and needed patches to support older games. Having loads of patches that don't conflict with each other is a helluva lotta work, so eventually Microsoft had to just drop the idea since the payoff was so little.

Accellerant
08-18-2014, 12:45 AM
Everything.

This guy. Right here. HE KNOWS what's up!

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/229/1/8/1396040582206_by_accellerant-d7vmhbd.gif

I'd love to have some form of Monster Hunter come to PC, and I'm not counting Monster Hunter Frontier in Japan. Can't play that 'cause ya need a Japanese IP and I'm not sure about you, but I'd be a detriment to the groups 'cause I'd be lagging to death with a Japanese Proxy! I would've thrown every MGS game onto my list, but Phantom Pain's coming to PC so why do I even care about consoles anymore?

With all those things out of the way, the only thing that remains is Friendship Crushing Simulator: Mario Party.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/229/d/4/1407727267554_by_accellerant-d7vmi8q.gif

I'm being dead serious here, I would really want to bring that onto the PC so that me and all my friends can feel just how close we all are on the friendship scale while throwing death threats to one another after stealing each others stars! But in conjunction to that, we could mod it to death and make our own mini~games. Of course I can't skip on playing the game online with three other random strangers, oh the magic and friendships that alone shall bring in itself would be worth it!

Please Shiggy, if you're somehow reading this, make my fantasy a reality!!!

sassySloth
08-18-2014, 06:13 PM
I would punch a small child in the teeth to get an HD port of Killer7 to Steam.

In the name of Harman ...

AshleyAshes
08-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Kingdom Hearts series. I mean we got FF7 and FF8 on PC, right?

LauriJ
08-30-2014, 08:03 AM
Yeah, it would be cool to have the Kingdom Heart remixes on PC as well... I do wonder how we could control the characters effectively with just our Keyboards alone...

Jim
09-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Red Dead Redemption ;w;

Also in long-shot high-hopes news, The Last of Us.

SirCoffeecup
09-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Red Dead Redemption ;w;

Also in long-shot high-hopes news, The Last of Us.
My picks too.
Wouldn't mind Haze either. It didn't do so well in the box office, but it did have an interesting idea I'd like to see unravel

NovaCaine
09-24-2014, 02:55 AM
Destiny! Right now lol

It's actually going to be available on PC in March, but I can't wait :(

Dire Newt
09-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Halo 3

I'd love to co-op this game again with some of my buds.

Timesplitters 2

I'd love to destroy some of my buds in this game again.

Catweasel
10-17-2014, 04:27 AM
The lack of Dragon's Dogma for pc is mega frustrating. Capcom usually ports their games to PC so I thought for sure we'd have gotten it.

TeenageAngst
10-17-2014, 04:30 AM
Fez.

Just to make Phil Fish roll in his grave.

Battlechili1
10-20-2014, 06:03 AM
All of Fable and Halo.
I don't want to have to buy an Xbox. Also Solatorobo, so CyberConnect2 can continue to make money on the game.

Otherwise, I'd honestly like to see more stuff come out on the PS4 and Wii U. I still have an adoration of the things, and not being able to play games on the things I love is a pain. Though I'm sure that's equally true for those who want their games on the PC.

Fez.

Just to make Phil Fish roll in his grave.
Pretty sure that's already on the PC.

EDIT: The old .hack// and .hack//GU games. I'd love to be able to play them, and it seems like they're perfect for the PC. They aren't too powerful either, which means that even a weak computer should be able to handle them. It'd be perfect. A game about playing an online MMO on the PC...Its a match made in heaven.

TeenageAngst
10-20-2014, 11:04 AM
So it is. So it is.

Welp check that one off the bucket list.

Kaedal
10-20-2014, 01:26 PM
The Destroy All Humans! series. I never played the second, but the original was one of the most entertaining games I've ever played. It was just so much fun, and so extremely silly. An acceptable alternative would be a sequel, but I doubt they could capture the feeling of the original.