PDA

View Full Version : Upside down submissions

yosushi
06-23-2014, 09:07 AM
Hey everyone
Any help please.
Its probably something I'm doing wrong but I'm trying to upload pictures to the site and they are all sideways on or upside down and I can't find any way of flipping them around. (Yes they are right on my computer)

Thanks in advance

insanejoker
06-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Which images? They look fine in your gallery.

Hendikins
06-23-2014, 12:23 PM
It looks like you're using a camera with an orientation sensor, and that camera is putting the image orientation in the EXIF metadata. Unfortunately web browsers don't do a very good job of handling this (for the technically inclined, browsers aren't applying the orientation value when the IMG element is used).

You'll almost certainly find that if you use the download link the image is shown with the correct orientation, and most image viewers will show it correctly too.

Strictly speaking this is a web browser bug and not a Weasyl one, however we are discussing possible workarounds on our end. In the mean time you may wish to edit or strip the EXIF metadata from the image (there are many free tools that can do this) then rotate the image before uploading.

This page has a decent write up about the EXIF orientation issue. (http://www.daveperrett.com/articles/2012/07/28/exif-orientation-handling-is-a-ghetto/)

yosushi
06-23-2014, 12:25 PM
The ones I just posted (I ticked the "friends only view" box and the "don't message people" box) as they would be junk to most of you but of interest to the friend I wanted to show them too.