PDA

View Full Version : Any Fish Appreciation?

MerinBlu
06-01-2014, 01:28 AM
I've always enjoyed keeping a tank and observing fish. Lately, my fascination has grown and I've become much more at peace with fish and pleased to be in their presence. I really enjoy the majestic Tarpon and carp. Catfish are also pretty cool. I currently take care of a tilapia who's named "Dinner"(far from it, I'm veg).

So, any fish artists/characters out there?

Frank LeRenard
06-01-2014, 02:03 AM
I've always loved deep sea creatures. Things like viperfish, anglers, barreleyes, vampire squid, tube worms, all that shit. Even apocryphal ones like the bathysphere fish. Things that live in the deep ocean just intrigue the hell out of me.

Rory
06-01-2014, 05:41 PM
I've worked in a few aquariums and am pretty into sushi (so nom), but as a character? Nah. I'd make a sturgeon one probably, just due to history with them. Or something with bioluminescence. Took care of some flashlight fish once, that was pretty cool... although you had to do everything in redlight/darkness or the light exposure would kill 'em.

Sammacha
06-01-2014, 09:56 PM
I used to go to the aquarium all the time and look at all thes ea creatures, so i was also drawing them all the time. I really love the tropical fish and all the weird deep sea monster looking things

MerinBlu
06-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Cool, thanks for the replies. :)

Any of you would like to post your fish characters(if you have any)?

Matt Conner
06-02-2014, 04:26 PM
I love fish, although mostly in sashimi form. Mmm, yellow tail.

Toshabi
06-02-2014, 05:57 PM
SHARK BAIT HOO HA HA!

(I kind of want a clown fish someday)

Frank LeRenard
06-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Cool, thanks for the replies. :)

Any of you would like to post your fish characters(if you have any)?

I did draw this guy (https://www.weasyl.com/submission/314287/who-invited-him). Loosely based on a viperfish, of course, though with some additional pointless decorations.

I also agree with the sashimi statement. There's a place near me that sells it by the boatload (quite literally).

timeladymanedwolf
06-05-2014, 11:40 AM
I like koi fish more than the tank fish. And I live in Jacksonville, where the local zoo happens to have a huge Koi pond.

sassySloth
06-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Fiush are cool, but I'd be more likely to keep reptiles instead.

I like this shark character: Michael (https://www.weasyl.com/character/30336/michael)

Kellendraysia
06-10-2014, 10:09 PM
I love having an aquarium. Right now I only have one and it contains a female betta who's name is Spaz which I raised from a fry. She is absolutely love though with her near black body and deep deep blue fins. I have been waiting for the tank to finish cycling since it contains live plants and I finally got the algae bloom taken care of so I can turn it back into a tetra tank.

I eventually want to get my 10gal up and running again which I will probably turn back into a fancy goldfish tank with either Orandas or Black Moor.

I do have this character of mine, not quite fish but he is based on a Betta I used to own, Lancelot (https://www.weasyl.com/submission/634620/lancelot)

Zalcoti
07-02-2014, 08:35 PM
I really want to have a fish tank of my own someday. My favorite tank fishies are neon tetra and piranhas.

As for eating fish, I love to try new kinds. If it's on the menu and I never had it, you can guess that's what will be on my order. Raw fish is a new thing I've tried and is surprisingly delicious despite not being cooked.