PDA

View Full Version : It is gonna be that time E3

QT Melon
05-14-2014, 06:22 PM
School will be out for the summer and kids will be bored, so what does E3 have in store to tease these kids with so they can nag their parents to buy them crap during the holidays?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/microsoft-and-sony-e3-2014-press-conference-in-depth-details-leaked

Infestissumam
05-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Absolutely nothing.

E3's been a let down for a long time now.

TheMysteriousL
05-14-2014, 07:05 PM
My little bro is losing his dagon' mind at the Symphony of the Night thing, it's adorable.

EDIT: Aaaand now he saw the Beyond Good and Evil thing, and he can't make fun of me being so hyped for stuff anymore.

QT Melon
05-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Legend of Zelda

Toshabi
05-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Legend of Zelda

Super Smash Bros.

QT Melon
05-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Super Smash Bros.

Not News.

They been talking about it since launch.

Toshabi
05-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Not News.

They been talking about it since launch.

Super. Smash. Bros.

Zerig
05-14-2014, 08:52 PM
maybe the wii u will finally get a game

TheMysteriousL
05-14-2014, 10:00 PM
maybe the wii u will finally get a game

Yes.

Super Smash Bros.

Ranguvar
05-15-2014, 12:08 AM
However, the presentation will feature the following games:

Beyond Good & Evil 2 gameplay
Fable Legends gameplay
Halo 5 tech demo
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare gameplay
Quantum Break gameplay
Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay
Titanfall DLC gameplay

Please be real, don't funk with my heart Microsoft.

Rilvor
05-15-2014, 01:43 AM

This gave me flashbacks to Banjo-Kazooie Nuts N' Bolts.

Zerig
05-15-2014, 01:59 AM

It's probably going to be true, but when you see it, you'll wish it was a lie.

Rory
05-15-2014, 04:40 AM
If they actually take their stick out of their ass and let Platinum develop Starfox like that rumor...holy shit.

I'd riot naked in the street if this ever happened. :v I doubt it will, after Other M and Team Ninja's work with one of their main franchises.

SirCoffeecup
05-15-2014, 07:24 PM
>Halo 5 tech demo

http://www.haloforever.com/images/wallpapers/h3_finish_the_fight_2007_1024.jpg

I thought I finished the fight 5 years ago.
Battlefront 3 gameplay?
GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME.
Loved Bf2 to bits, even with it's flaws. 3 has sat on my wishlist for a LONG time.

Ranguvar
05-15-2014, 07:27 PM
I thought I finished the fight 5 years ago.
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu327/ADayy000/Halo4_1.jpg

Dire Newt
05-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Battlefront 3 gameplay?
GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME.
Loved Bf2 to bits, even with it's flaws. 3 has sat on my wishlist for a LONG time.

Temper your expectations. Remember that it's being developed and published by EA/DICE, not Pandemic.

TheMysteriousL
05-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Temper your expectations. Remember that it's being developed and published by EA/DICE, not Pandemic.

From someone who used to test games there...

yeah, he's totally justified in saying this, don't get excited.

SirCoffeecup
05-16-2014, 11:27 AM

From someone who used to test games there...

yeah, he's totally justified in saying this, don't get excited.
Meh moo. Battlefield 3 wasn't that bad.
Haven't tried Bf4, probably won't, but I do think the reimagining of star wars Battlefront with Bf style gameplay wouldn't be such a bad thing. After all, it was already somewhat similar before.
As long as the game won't be a blatant cashgrab like so many other EA titles, I think I can overlook a fault or two as long as they're not gamebreaking

Digitalpotato
05-24-2014, 11:32 PM
Personally I'm expecting the same ol same ol.

"I HOPE THEY ANNOUNCE A SEQUEL TO MY FAVOURITE GAME!"
"OOOOOH THEY ANNOUNCED ONE! *creams their pants*"
"WOO HOOOO!"
"OOOOOOH YAY!"
"hahaha look at the screw-up-OMG HYYYYYPE!"
"HYYYYYPE!"
"YAY HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!"
"What the hell, no Half Life 3 still?"
"Booooo where's F-Zero?"
"Oh there were some new IPs announced? I don't know - I was too busy creaming my pants over the announcement of a sequel to my favourite game series!"
"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!"
"Heeeey why didn't they announce any new IPs? Seriously it's all sequels. Ugh."
"THE GAME INDUSTRY IS ABOUT TO CRASH!"
"THE SKY IS FALLING!"
"HYYYYYYYYYPE!"

Tycho
05-24-2014, 11:38 PM
E3 (and most other shows like it) have gotten kind of meh. There is ONE release I am anxiously awaiting more footage and reveals of. Other than that? Meh.

EDIT: Actually, there is one other release I might get pretty excited about (if it even shows up at E3): Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. The "reveals" I've seen so far have consisted of a tiny fragment of in-game cinematics (on the CoroCoro TV Show) and needless to say that was not nearly enough. If CoroCoro and Nintendo's aim was to be massive teases then they've succeeded masterfully.

Xyano
05-25-2014, 12:55 AM
just thought id leave this here
http://www.vgmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/e3-2012-mario-party.gif

QT Melon
06-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Oh man, No man's Sky and Abzu.... AMAZING

VITA TV!!!!!!! 100 bucks SOLD

139 it comes with a game, hdmi cable and controller!!!!!

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! :D

QT Melon
06-09-2014, 11:15 PM
I know some Dark Souls people will be itching for Bloodborne.

Toshabi
06-10-2014, 02:50 AM
Microsoft cock teased conker. I'm never buying a fucking xbox product again

Ranguvar
06-10-2014, 02:57 AM
Microsoft cock teased conker. I'm never buying a fucking xbox product again
http://xbox.uservoice.com/

Toshabi
06-10-2014, 03:28 AM
Dear Microsoft,

I'm very very upset that you cock teased conquer like that. Actually, I'm fucking glad you didn't make a game out of him, seeing as you fucked Joanna Dark and Banjo Kazooie like a golden retriever up Carl Hase's ass on a hot sunday. I hope your goddam kinect can detect my middle finger from my apartment, because I'm holding it up as hard as I can.

Your biggest fan,

Toshabi

P.S- FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! May a thousand cats with rabbies bite off each and every one of your video game team's nipples off.

QT Melon
06-10-2014, 08:28 AM
PS Plus subscribers will now get free show content produced by Sony, and oh, Ratchet and Clank movie.

Also just got Entwined that they revealed at E3 (and Transistor since I've been meaning to play that)

Toshabi
06-10-2014, 10:35 AM
They're learning that forcing the kinect is essentially like forcing a wii fit on people.

QT Melon
06-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Well I see they teased a new Zelda for 2015, but the one thing I think will help Nintendo is that Splatoon game.

Mainly because Nintendo is good at making good party games. Splatoon is something I'd definitely play with family without being embarrassed. I mean come on, do you really want to play Farcry or Mortal Kombat X in front of your grandma?

Toshabi
06-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Well I see they teased a new Zelda for 2015, but the one thing I think will help Nintendo is that Splatoon game.

Mainly because Nintendo is good at making good party games. Splatoon is something I'd definitely play with family without being embarrassed. I mean come on, do you really want to play Farcry or Mortal Kombat X in front of your grandma?

My grandma got me into video games. Oddly enough, it was with Mortal Kombat at an arcade when I was 7.

Also E3 impressed me this year. No one sucked!

Dire Newt
06-10-2014, 06:38 PM
No Man's Sky is probably the most ambitious game I've seen in a while. I really hope they keep the planets from feeling empty; it seems like that could be a problem in a game this huge. Nonetheless, the seamless interplanetary exploration is pretty amazing.

Other than that, E3 2014 was kind of a let down for me.

QT Melon
06-10-2014, 08:00 PM
I dunno it wasn't like I was really looking for more sequels to big AAA games and was interested more in certain indie content. But a console for 100 bucks that can play older libraries and is very tiny is something I'm happy they finally brought over here. Playstation TV (I guess instead of Vita TV) makes me happy. I hope they improved upon the problems they had with the Japan version. I can see this as a very consumer friendly device for gaming.

The fact it can also help with people who have older LCDs that aren't smart is a nice bonus as well.

I do have to admit the Dead Island 2 trailer is hilarious

ST262ZbNcos

The other implications is very interesting Sony is trying something that could be too early or really help with home entertainment gaming. Playstation Now being able to stream through certain TVs and just the idea of instead of just buying a controller to get older games is very lucrative in my opinion specially if successful.

How often have people complained "I want to play X game but tired of having to get a system for it because the current one isn't compatible"

Vae
06-10-2014, 09:04 PM
https://24.media.tumblr.com/68a814bf1c06a72ec6dae33c8eafea24/tumblr_n6zc895t3g1sonvd0o1_500.png

No Man's Sky also looks cool as shit, if they pull it off properly.

QT Melon
06-10-2014, 10:35 PM
I bought Entwined yesterday

Also I got tagged by Sakurai in Mii, does he like cats or dogs? Says he was playing Kid Icarus Uprising.

Toshabi
06-11-2014, 01:38 AM
Other than that, E3 2014 was kind of a let down for me.

Really? That's weird, cause every console kicked ass this year (Well, PS4 kinda was a bit lackluster, but it wasn't BAD).

Also, SMASHFEST! I'M TOTALLY SKIPPING CLASS TOMORROW........ er...... ah, conflicted =[

QT Melon
06-11-2014, 02:50 AM
I'm a bit irritated that they didn't have a better discount from Nintendo when they announced it on E3 lol. Well in terms of games since PS4 has Transistor, Child of Light and I just got Entwined I'm pretty happy. Same with No Man's Sky and Abzu coming out. The big title I've been playing is still FFXIV but the fact the introductory price was so cheap. I paid like 20 for a collector's edition for PS3 and the upgrade to PS4 is free, it's been non stop with me and a few friends/co worker.

Plus the Scarecrow was friggen Nightmare fuel. My God. Sony kinda inched by in this one, yeah still people looking for really big games for a console that just launched last fall, but they really are promising more deals, programming and future content than just "hey we got more sequels to games!" and then ignore whatever perephrials their consoles were known for (cough, Nintendo and Microsoft)

Tho I will give it to Nintendo for that new Skylander clone thingy. It's just that one of the things I noticed is for a household name it was hard to find toy properties for Nintendo goods here.

Rilvor
06-11-2014, 03:07 AM
I'm actually impressed with Nintendo this year. I am starting to become tempted to pick up a Wii U as well, although it may take something more to make me finally crack.

Something...

Something with gelatinous energy absorbing life-forms.
Something with space suits and energy cannons and missiles and huge explosions and freakish science experiments.
Something without blue suits and high heels.

Yeah, something like that.

Vae
06-11-2014, 05:59 AM
I'm actually impressed with Nintendo this year. I am starting to become tempted to pick up a Wii U as well, although it may take something more to make me finally crack.

Something...

Something with gelatinous energy absorbing life-forms.
Something with space suits and energy cannons and missiles and huge explosions and freakish science experiments.
Something without blue suits and high heels.

Yeah, something like that.
Yeah, I would kill for a Guardian Legend 2, as well.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/6e17c67e5705476029dec724cd797e1c/tumblr_n700ruBDS21sonvd0o1_400.png

Wait, she has heels. Fuck.

To be serious, I hope that having two Zeldas on the U will finally coax Nintendo's third flagship out of hiding.

Vae
06-11-2014, 12:37 PM
At least Starfox is coming back. So I guess there's some hope left. What I wanna know is this...
Where the HELL was Retro Studios?
According to Wikipedia (so take it with a grain of salt), they started work on an unannounced Wii U game after Donkey Kong: Tropical Fruit Parfait.

I would like to hoooope that it's a new Metroid, but who knows.
I'd like to see them tackle a Mario game, too.

therainbowtroll
06-11-2014, 01:29 PM
Nintendo was the best

Disagree and Reggie will kick your ass.

Dire Newt
06-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Really? That's weird, cause every console kicked ass this year (Well, PS4 kinda was a bit lackluster, but it wasn't BAD).

Too many sequels, spinoffs, and remasters and not enough new, interesting IPs in my opinion. There weren't any big surprises this year. Microsoft, Sony, and EA were all pretty fuckin weak.

QT Melon
06-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Splatoon - new IP
Entwined - new IP and is available now
Destiny (even though announced last year) is new OP
The Order 1866 - New IP
Abzu - New IP
No Man's Sky - new IP
Devil's Third - New IP
Deep Down - New IP
Hyrule Warriors - New IP tho it's a Dynasty Warriors Zelda Hybrid.
Kingdom Come Deliverance - New IP
Lords of the Fallen - New IP

I know I'm forgetting quite a few more. Maybe they weren't as focused on since there's that delicate balance gaming companies have to do where they have to appeal to those who cry about no IPs and then those who cry there aren't any more development to existing ones.

Dire Newt
06-11-2014, 11:21 PM
But a lot of these were shown prior to E3 or they didn't show enough footage here to really care.

^^^

It's tough to get excited for a game over a mere title or CGI trailer that shows no real gameplay.

Toshabi
06-12-2014, 02:52 AM
So I went to Smashfest.

http://i.imgur.com/7ZqE3hW.jpg

There was a line of 200-300 people to get to this booth. The wait was literally 5 hours from where I was. I skipped the line after waiting for 30 minutes and just walked up to the panel and got to play. I don't feel bad.

Seriously though. 1 wii U and they were letting 4 people play for 10 minutes at a time. WTF WERE YOU THINKING NINTENDO/BEST BUY?!

Also, Greninja is amazing.

QT Melon
06-12-2014, 10:11 PM
And they wonder why print is dead...

Toshabi
06-12-2014, 10:31 PM
People are legit angry about the Conker thing? I was just over exaggerating! I mean I would love to see another conker game, but I'd want it to be good.

Kanagrooboy
06-13-2014, 01:39 AM
The Conker thing was eye-rolling at best. Rare's consistently been shit under Microsoft, and after the treatment with Banjo-Kazooie, it was only a matter of time before they got to Conker.

QT Melon
06-13-2014, 02:46 AM
I was playing Entwined, I love the idea of it, the gameplay is pretty interesting...but unfortunately the "boss" stages induce motion sickness for me. :<

Infestissumam
06-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Next to nothing slated to be released this year.

Whoopee.

QT Melon
06-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Well E3 is basically announcing games for the next year than this year, because it's too late otherwise. Anyone play Watchdogs since that was the big teaser/buzz of last year?

SirCoffeecup
06-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Seriously though. 1 wii U and they were letting 4 people play for 10 minutes at a time. WTF WERE YOU THINKING NINTENDO/BEST BUY?!
As seen in this footage, it obviously wasn't though of for too long. Be glad they brought it close to you in the first place!
VcfEee1t30o