PDA

View Full Version : Example Site Discussion Thread

Eminoxic
07-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Please refrain from using vulgar language when submitting complaints. We will not read your post if it contains inappropriate language.

This section is also intended for your suggestions on how we can improve Weasyl. We greatly value your input.

If you're still unsure how to go about making a thread here, this is a quick example.

--

Example 1: The Disgruntled User
Hey Weasyl Team, something has been bothering me about the forum staff. I understand Taw is a furry, but why a Bat? Bats are not normal. I've done a bit of research and found out Bats can't see very well, so why let a Bat run a forum? Here's the source of my accusation (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070707054629AAcrXCL). My suggestion is to just convince him to become a Hawk instead, it flies as well, but has amazing eyesight, assuming he’s sitting a block away from his computer.

Example 2: The Friendly Suggestion
Hey Weasyl Team, I noticed I can't find stick figures on the search feature since there is no tag for stick figures. Can you please add a tag that way it widens the variety of Art being searched for on the main site? I think it would be an awesome feature to have!

Ransom
10-12-2012, 04:59 PM
For the sake of clarity and easy navigation, might I suggest people title their suggestion threads more specifically? I see a number of threads labeled things like, "a few suggestions," "couple of suggestions," "a couple of suggestions," "suggestions!," "just some suggestions," and so on. They all look pretty interchangeable when it's left as vague as that.

More concise titles would be things like, "Suggestion: Stream Notifications," "New Commission Status Idea," and "Collection Suggestion."

Granted, most people have labeled their threads like the latter examples, but for those who haven't, it'd be helpful to be more definite.

Fiz
10-12-2012, 09:42 PM
For the sake of clarity and easy navigation, might I suggest people title their suggestion threads more specifically? I see a number of threads labeled things like, "a few suggestions," "couple of suggestions," "a couple of suggestions," "suggestions!," "just some suggestions," and so on. They all look pretty interchangeable when it's left as vague as that.

More concise titles would be things like, "Suggestion: Stream Notifications," "New Commission Status Idea," and "Collection Suggestion."

Granted, most people have labeled their threads like the latter examples, but for those who haven't, it'd be helpful to be more definite.

Agreed. Having specific titles could help cut down on some of the identical threads happening. Not that people having the same suggestion is bad, but it makes it easier to navigate if people would reply to a thread that has a suggestion that they wanted as well instead of making their own thread.

Though I'm currently working on a "common suggestions" list in hopes to cut down some multiple threads.

FelixTheFox
10-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm not an artist and I feel like Weaysl is only for artists when I joined it. Would be nice if it adds Artist and Commissioner option?

So there won't be "Commissions: Closed Trades: Closed Requests: Closed" on my profile. And might add something special for commissioners to use like have commission search, show up list of artists who put as "Commissions: Opened" something like this?

Just thought this because I would like my page to show others that I'm a commissioner not an artist. :)

Thanks!