PDA

View Full Version : PWYW, then YCH, Now How about FITB Commissions? (idea feedback?)

Damagefox
04-29-2014, 04:24 AM
FITB = Fill In the Blank Commissions, It an idea

Curious to see if anyone would be interested in seeing how this goes. I mean first there was Pay what you wants, and then came along the "your character here"s

So now, assuming it hasnt already been done. Fill In the Blanks.

Here is How it works.
It can be a sale, or it can be an auction.
The Artist will Create a Phrase..But OMIT some of the words. Leave it up for 24hours or more. And Let it generate comments. But these comments can include words to fill in the blanks. Get wild and crazy..After the Time ends, there is two ways for it to go.

The artist can finish the selection ONLY using the words suggested In the comments. And then draws that picture as a commission. Or Whoever pays for the picture/auction...THEY get to choose the words from the comments. Or maybe it wouldnt have a price, but if they want to put the word in they could buy out that slot and THEY would get to choose the word.

For example. I would create the sentence

"[Blank] licks a [blank] covered in [blank] while sitting in a [Blank] [blank] [blank]!"

And say from the comments, If no one bought it, I would get to choose one of my own characters, If they pay for it, they can choose any character, thiers or mine. So may get some strange combinations. Maybe something like...:

"Archer licks a Taco covered in jellybeans while sitting in a Bowler Hat Hottub"

and of course THAT would be the commission, THAT would be what I draw. It might spur some cringes, might get a few chuckles..and maybe a whole LOT of "WTF?!"s

Of course it can be anything from G-XXX But its an idea.
What do you think? Good idea? bad idea?
Tempted to do one as a test run. and It will be cheap.

I am curious, but If no one else is interested, I think this is something that I will definately do. I think It could be a good creativity booster :D

I still need to hammer out some more details. but I think this is something that could work..so wouldnt mind getting some feedback on it...

QT Melon
04-29-2014, 08:57 AM
I don't know. I tend to avoid gimmick sounding commissions. I pay money based on how well someone draws.

Vae
05-01-2014, 12:08 AM
I don't really see why one would need all this kind of playing around, game-esque stuff, when you're exchanging what I assume is a good bit of money for a special, personalized artwork.

Doing this for free is one thing.
But once money becomes involved, I just... don't see the point. At all.

Sammacha
05-01-2014, 02:46 AM
Mad Libs is really more of a game, I think thats way to complicated to do for a commission, for a game or fun sure, but not for money. Tahts my opinion though.

SirCoffeecup
05-01-2014, 08:16 AM
And who'd pay for it?
I mean, if the comments make up what the commission is like, who'll be the actual recipient?
I agree with others, it's a fun game, but for a serious way of making money, I really don't see this working.

Sparkyopteryx
05-03-2014, 02:27 PM
If you want my honest opinion, if I was going to be allowed some freedom and flexibility when I commission someone, I'd simply give them a few phrases and let the artist do their interpretation anyway. Same with if I was the artist in question. It's an awfully leery gamble to let others "Mad Lib" a paid piece of art; leery for both the eventual commissioner (because it might not be at all the kind of thing they'd want to pay for) and also for the artist (they end up having to draw something they really would rather not).

It could be fun for an art activity or even a contest or raffle of sorts, but not for an actual commission.

Zeitzbach
05-04-2014, 07:09 AM
Would not even go near that.

Simply because I know most of my target will be from the fur fandom, it's going to suck doing a FITB where Penis, Boob and Vagina can be used as a Noun, Verb, Adverb and Adjective.