PDA

View Full Version : Who has Neopets?

therainbowtroll
04-17-2014, 01:40 PM
As you can see from my avatar and sig Im a big fan lol.

My usernames are

0teddyscares0

therainbowtroll

Add me as a Neofriend if you wish!

Im currently trying to save for a draigan paint brush. What are you saving for?

Moogle
04-17-2014, 03:18 PM
I've got a number of accounts, though the only ones I can remember are

Megamannt_13 (http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=megamannt_13)

& my super animeified account which I can no longer get on (cause apparently it's banned)

Inuyasha_1346_1346 (http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=inuyasha_1346_1346)

I'm so ashamed of the old me. XD

Edit: Oh! Forgot to say what I'm saving for, though I don't really go on too much. I guess the Lab Ray, I had it on one of my other accounts but I can't remember the username anymore. Dang, it was so expensive too! :P

Sammacha
04-18-2014, 01:26 AM
My old neopets account vanished and someone elses account got attached to my e-mail ( lol wtf? )
anyways you can add me,
Sammacha
as usualy, i sometimes re-visit :)

lol moogle, its ok I used to be MonsterMaster54 <-- I think thats the right number and SaMaster xD

JackalTeeth
04-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Been playing for a good while now, I'm SpazzticGlitch on there!

I'm not really saving for anything in particular right now. More so hoarding points until there's something I want, lmao.

Actually now that I think about it I'd love to turn my Yurble into a Ghost Lutari, so I guess I'm saving toward that.

battybegins
04-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Holy heckie. People still have Neopets!

Well, I do anyway. But I only go back when I'm super depressed/unmotivated and I can't bring myself to do anything useful other than play the flash games.

But the flash games are so dang good so it does it's job in my book!

Username is woefullybadfaith. Don't judge. We all went through the emo stage. :P

edit: wow I forgot to add this too. I'd like to paint my Lupe gray and another earth tone for my Eyrie and Lutari (maybe shadow?)

therainbowtroll
04-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Wow cool! I added you guys! lol

Yeah playing neopets has helped me after my dogs passing. It gets me to do something besides staying in bed all day.

Damian
04-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Man i really miss Neopets. Some of the comics they had were great. I used to be Aniu13 but that account is long dead. Perhaps I should start a new account..

Tiger
04-22-2014, 05:01 PM
Neopets! I joined it like...12 years ago, was pretty into it for a while, 'tis how I got the nickname Tiger. I'd add you but as of now I have zero access to my account. :|

Also. EYRIES ARE THE BEST. Just sayin'. (Lupes and gelerts are pretty cool too, though)

Damian
04-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Eyries are pretty rad.

Also yeah made an account for nostalgia

chocomage
04-22-2014, 06:50 PM
I still get on daily to do freebies. I've been at it off an on for 10 years now? I am all about lupes and hissis! My goal is to slowly work my way to the 10 million point bank account, Then train my lupe to be a very fierce fighter!

If any of you want to add me my username is sephiroth_ruler

Rory
04-22-2014, 11:41 PM
I found the password to my old main account, but I obviously used a fake birthday and there's no way to recover it except to guess. ._. Such sadness. Was hoping to hop on for a bit and relive some of my early teenage years.

Hah. Does anyone remember those old forum boards they had? Makes me laugh, I remember the kids who could do HTML/CSS being the coolest people around, to make all the super fancy pages and stuff. Actually got me into learning how to do all of that basic stuff, so it wasn't a total waste of my time.

Damian
04-23-2014, 12:30 AM
I used the old forum boards. They are actually what got me in to role playing. Ah man. I wish they had ones that dated back a while but i guess they had to clear them for their own reasons. I wish I had my old account.

Tiger
04-23-2014, 01:18 AM
I found the password to my old main account, but I obviously used a fake birthday and there's no way to recover it except to guess. ._. Such sadness. Was hoping to hop on for a bit and relive some of my early teenage years.

Hah. Does anyone remember those old forum boards they had? Makes me laugh, I remember the kids who could do HTML/CSS being the coolest people around, to make all the super fancy pages and stuff. Actually got me into learning how to do all of that basic stuff, so it wasn't a total waste of my time.

Avatar chat groups! DIQ and o_O were my hangout places. It's how I got my nickname Tiger, too. The font system on the Neoboards was really nifty. I made a petpage for my Eyrie, too, I was real proud of it. But some peoples' profiles and pet pages were pretty unbelievably cool (wish I could remember the names of some of my idols D: )

Rory
04-23-2014, 01:34 AM
Avatar chat groups! DIQ and o_O were my hangout places. It's how I got my nickname Tiger, too. The font system on the Neoboards was really nifty. I made a petpage for my Eyrie, too, I was real proud of it. But some peoples' profiles and pet pages were pretty unbelievably cool (wish I could remember the names of some of my idols D: )

I'm so glad other people remember them, it was pretty fun back in the day~ Did you have a Kougra or something to get that nickname (I think that's what they were called)? And yeah... I can't even figure out how to go view pet pages without logging in. I wonder how I left my last one. I guess I could just go make a throwaway account to try and see.

Tiger
04-23-2014, 01:41 AM
I'm so glad other people remember them, it was pretty fun back in the day~ Did you have a Kougra or something to get that nickname (I think that's what they were called)? And yeah... I can't even figure out how to go view pet pages without logging in. I wonder how I left my last one. I guess I could just go make a throwaway account to try and see.

Actually, it was from my username. I randomly joined an avatar chat group and they shortened my name to Tiger. It stuck :D And as obsessive as I am over tigers, I did not have a Kougra on my main, right now I just have an Eyrie and a Lupe. I think I have a Kougra on a different account, I had so many accounts I can't remember all of them.

Rory
04-23-2014, 02:04 AM
Actually, it was from my username. I randomly joined an avatar chat group and they shortened my name to Tiger. It stuck :D And as obsessive as I am over tigers, I did not have a Kougra on my main, right now I just have an Eyrie and a Lupe. I think I have a Kougra on a different account, I had so many accounts I can't remember all of them.

I can imagine it now... "Tigerlovergrrl01" :P Or some fun kind of screenname that makes me cringe when I think about how I used to identify myself, heh. Too bad you couldn't earn more slots for pets, though. Would've paid for that, even back then. I can't imagine ever really using the site beyond going back to play the Neopets version of Snake, though. Wow, was that fun!

*kicks the website* Bah, let me back in already.

Moogle
04-23-2014, 04:37 AM
The newbie section of the boards is where it's at. Oh, the wonderful arguments I had on there..

Hewge
04-23-2014, 07:52 AM
Neopets still exists?!

KumatoraKazooie
04-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Been playing for several years, about a year less than my account's age because I didn't play for that first year until I got my own e-mail address: doomdesire5 (http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=doomdesire5)

Right now I'm saving up for a number of things, mainly all the Paint Brushes and morphing potions I need for all of the pet-specific avatars. Also, counting down the days until Altador Cup IX

TheMysteriousL
04-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Oh! I have one (http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=changelinglyra)!

I used to play game all the time there to collect Brushes.

Rory
04-27-2014, 04:30 AM
Hah! I remembered the birthday! 12 1/2 year old account with a Darrigan Lupe, Fire Lupe, Ghost Bori, and Robot Gelert~

...holy hell I'm poor, though.

Also they had an otter neopet. But only 100k of them?! Nooo.

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=destructodisk2

Hewge
04-27-2014, 04:44 AM
Your link won't work! Edit: the Neopets website won't load at all for me!

I need to see this otter thing! ! ! 11!! !

Dreamline
04-27-2014, 05:12 AM
So I just made a new account! (OhgodwhathaveIdone?) There is no way I'm gonna find out what my old accounts were, so I'm starting from scratch I guess.

And here's the noobiest account you ever saw (http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=thedreamline)

Also, just for Hewge:

http://images.neopets.com/pets/lutari_blue_baby.gif

This one's a Lutari. Unfortunately, it sounds like you can't get these guys unless you transform a pet you already have, either by potions or by the Lab Ray. You can also make one, but you can only do it on April 19th.

Rory
04-27-2014, 05:53 AM
So I just made a new account! (OhgodwhathaveIdone?) There is no way I'm gonna find out what my old accounts were, so I'm starting from scratch I guess.

And here's the noobiest account you ever saw (http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=thedreamline)

Also, just for Hewge:

This one's a Lutari. Unfortunately, it sounds like you can't get these guys unless you transform a pet you already have, either by potions or by the Lab Ray. You can also make one, but you can only do it on April 19th.

Noooooooooooo I just missed it then. .___.

I did discover something though! Apparently I had the Lab Ray (which is where I assume all my neopoints went), so looks like I might be zappin' some pets. :U

Man, I've spent like the last hour or so on here... it's amazing how little has been updated, and how so many things cheat you out of your neopoints. This is an evil, evil, evil website, lol.

Dreamline
04-27-2014, 06:30 AM
Noooooooooooo I just missed it then. .___.

I did discover something though! Apparently I had the Lab Ray (which is where I assume all my neopoints went), so looks like I might be zappin' some pets. :U

Man, I've spent like the last hour or so on here... it's amazing how little has been updated, and how so many things cheat you out of your neopoints. This is an evil, evil, evil website, lol.

Something's gotta prepare you for the real world. :V That Lab Ray isn't going to get any better either. Chances to gain or reduce stats, change species, color, and even gender, all based on the whims of the RNG. Still pimpin though!

I found out that Hissi will only be available on my B-Day. Hopefully I can remember it so I can snag one as like, a pseudo-present or something. :P

Hewge
04-27-2014, 06:50 AM

Hnnngghhh~

Damian
04-27-2014, 12:21 PM

Also, just for Hewge:

oh hey i got one of those when i signed up

Hewge
04-27-2014, 12:23 PM
oh hey i got one of those when i signed up

Hey, baby~

...Nice Lutari you got there.

therainbowtroll
04-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Oh Hey Aleu its better if you add my 0teddyscares0 account. Therainbowtroll one is my side :p

Yeah the Lutari is an exclusive pet but you can get one if you really wanted one. Its a challenge but acviting something on neopets feels awsome X3

Also if you guys have an account vote for me for this weeks beauty contest!

http://www.neopets.com/beauty/details.phtml?pet=Ashley_Izumi

TheMysteriousL
04-27-2014, 07:31 PM
...Hewge.

Do you really, really want a Lutari?

Hewge
04-27-2014, 10:51 PM
...Hewge.

Do you really, really want a Lutari?

Of course I do ! !

Well, not really. I don't even have a Neopets account, haha.

Damian
04-28-2014, 02:13 AM
Of course Neopets is the only site that makes otters look cute

Hewge
04-28-2014, 02:29 AM
Of course Neopets is the only site that makes otters look cute

wat

TheMysteriousL
04-28-2014, 10:08 AM
...Hewge. Get an account, or what I just got is gonna make me look foolish -3-

Hewge
04-29-2014, 11:17 AM
What do you even do in Neopets?

TheMysteriousL
04-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Play games to collect neopoints in order to get stuff you want, while taking care of your neopets.

Oh, and sometimes there's special storyline events where crap hits the fan at mach 5 levels. There's that too.

Hewge
04-29-2014, 11:23 AM
My pets would probably all die. :P

TheMysteriousL
04-29-2014, 11:25 AM
That's the fun part! They cant!

They just..live forever. A Bit like Nintendogs.

Hewge
04-29-2014, 11:30 AM
I will try it out, I guess. I haven't played it since I was 8 or something though. :p

therainbowtroll
04-29-2014, 06:16 PM
I will try it out, I guess. I haven't played it since I was 8 or something though. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM

TheMysteriousL
04-29-2014, 08:56 PM
And don't forget to post your screen name here!

Hewge
04-30-2014, 03:19 AM
I made a thing. This is it here in all of its noob glory. (http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=hewge_wyvern)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM

And now I regret it. :v

First experiences:

After doing all the jazz it told me to do, I proceeded to play games and gain myself 500 whole points! I then played the pirate gamble game and lost 2000 NP.
With my newfound financial crisis, I thought it would be a good idea to get a house! I chose Lost Desert for a location, and then realized that deserts are kind of bland.
Desert life was dull, so in order to spice things up, I took off to the Battledome! My only pet was immediately killed.

And so that wraps up my first magical day on Neopets.

How are you supposed to restore pet health?

Was it also painful reading how bad I am at this? :p

Dreamline
04-30-2014, 09:14 AM
Naah, it could have been worse, you could have gotten your your pet sick with Chickaroo so it acted like a chicken, and the only cure was either spam the fairy healing springs (where you can heal your pets for free, so there's that), or shell out 6000 neopoints for some Herbal Omelette, which was the ONLY time that can sure it. After spamming the springs like ten times, I gave up and had to shell out my moneyz so I could do anything with my neopet. :<

So you're off on a fairly good start I'd say!

There's also this site (http://thedailyneopets.com/dailies) that you can go to that has good info, like how you can best play the flash games and what dailies you can do and how often you can do them for.

Krespo
04-30-2014, 11:38 AM
Serious question, is there a loaf-like neopet?

therainbowtroll
04-30-2014, 01:46 PM

No neopet is based off bread. But many of them are chubby.

Tiger
04-30-2014, 01:50 PM

http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php?colour=biscuit&species=all&pose=happy+male

Probably the closest you'll get is a Biscuit PB.

I went on a pet site once where if you didn't feed your pet it died, went to a graveyard, and someone else could adopt it. I...really did not like that mechanic. Hence why all my pets on there are probably adopted. :P

Krespo
04-30-2014, 01:57 PM
No neopet is based off bread. But many of them are chubby.

B-but I cant make sandwiches out of chub D:

http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php?colour=biscuit&species=all&pose=happy+male

Probably the closest you'll get is a Biscuit PB.

Oh that's it, I'm IN.

TheMysteriousL
04-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Oh that's it, I'm IN.

...I think I might have something that could help with that.

Damian
04-30-2014, 10:59 PM
My neopets account name is aleuleloup. Not doing much other than getting addicted to games.

Toshabi
05-01-2014, 01:14 AM
I made a neopets and got banned within 10 minutes.

I guess DildoLauncher9000 will never be able to live the dream of a neopet trainer.

therainbowtroll
05-01-2014, 04:19 AM
B-but I cant make sandwiches out of chub D:

Oh that's it, I'm IN.

Oh my god what have I started

Krespo
05-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Oh my god what have I started

Something delicious \:3/

There is much to be done

therainbowtroll
05-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Ok Loafy when your ready post a link. And dont forget to use this page to help build your neo empire! http://thedailyneopets.com/dailies

Hewge
05-03-2014, 10:50 AM
So I stumbled onto a pirate gambling game, and I just had to play it! I think it's called Bilge Dice.

...I won myself, like 5000 NP.
Then I lost it all by continuing to gamble. Actually, in the end I lost myself 1000 NP.
I have zero regrets, and I'd do it again I would!

I also spun all the wheels and got 9k NP. Except for the Monotony wheel - that's been spinning for, like, 4 hours now and I need to sleep. :[

Oh yeah, some random fairy showed up while I was gambling and gave me 10,000 NP. That was nice.
I don't know if this counts as a decent amount or not, but it strokes my needs!

I can see why people like this game, now. It's like gambling only you don't lose real money, and kids get to do it too.

Must play more Bilge Dice...

Rory
05-03-2014, 08:41 PM
I can see why people like this game, now. It's like gambling only you don't lose real money, and kids get to do it too.

Must play more Bilge Dice...

It's really, really disturbing once you come to that conclusion. Everything on the site is more or less a gamble. You get just enough so you keep playing, but you're always left wanting for more. It's pretty brilliant.

Berlin Katze
05-06-2014, 10:44 AM
I had one sometime ago (like 2006/7ish). And recently after seeing this thread's name, decided to make a new one...of course the name I used is "berlinkatze".

therainbowtroll
05-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Wow Im surprised that this thread is so popular.

How are all you newbies doing?

chocomage
05-08-2014, 11:42 PM
I'm doing just fine! slowly meeting my goal by riding the stock market. Gotta get that 1 mil neopoints invested avatar :D

Is there a guild set up for everyone on this site?

TheMysteriousL
05-08-2014, 11:45 PM
I don't think there is O-o

chocomage
05-09-2014, 12:04 AM
I can volunteer my guild if someone wants to basically fix it up run it, since I lack the cognitive capacity to make it look pretty, or lead for that matter.

therainbowtroll
05-10-2014, 06:13 PM
I would but I am already in a guild. And HTML is like....impossible for my to learn no matter how many guides I look at.

Krespo
05-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Wow Im surprised that this thread is so popular.

There is so much to do! It is overwhelming. I'm still just poking around at things, seeing what's what. Got any advice for the newest of newbies?

Hewge
05-10-2014, 08:22 PM

I sort of just go on there to gamble and spin wheels. :v

ML was also nice enough to give me a Lutari! A swell person, am I right?

Got any advice for the newest of newbies?

I advise you to add me as a friend on there! :P

TheMysteriousL
05-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Add me too!

Krespo
05-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Added!

Now help me understand this, I was playing cards with my neopet and the little shit robbed me blind D:

sassySloth
05-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Wow Neopets is still around? I did the Neopets thing way back in junior high! Nostalgic.

I don't to it anymore obviously.

Hewge
05-14-2014, 11:34 PM
Now help me understand this, I was playing cards with my neopet and the little shit robbed me blind D:

I imagine that Neopets are like ferrets, or cats. Then it makes sense!

chocomage
06-17-2014, 10:45 PM
I was playing today and one of my pets got transformed into a lutari!

Hewge
06-17-2014, 11:26 PM
I was playing today and one of my pets got transformed into a lutari!

What how

chocomage
06-18-2014, 04:30 PM
I have the secret laboratory map set. Once per day you get to zap your pet and a whole bunch of different things can happen like stat boosts, gender change and species or color changes. I got lucky enough to get changed into a lutari!

Batty Krueger
06-18-2014, 05:50 PM
I have neopet toys and a plushie that interacts with the toys, does that count?

paroapockinroo
01-16-2015, 01:26 PM
I've been playing neopets for probably 10 years now! I don't have the same accounts anymore, but the one that I have kept up with is mama_unigirl15 (dumb username, long story lol) but I just recently got the PackRat avatar and I'm saving up for a pirate paint brush, and maybe hopefully one day a Grey paint brush. Feel free to friend me!