PDA

View Full Version : Do you cross-post art on multiple sites? I need testers!

Jakc Mcslay
04-16-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm developing a client that handles multiple art sites and I'm in need of people to be put as alpha testers. If you're interested tell me which art sites do you post your art and I'll take a look to see if you are active enough to be a tester.

Runefox
04-16-2014, 06:16 PM
EDIT: I'm um...NSFW.

Very NSFW.

Crossposters like these interest me, but I don't post anything. Ever. So unfortunately I'm not part of your target audience, but with that said, how are you planning to handle the differences in tagging and ratings systems? Will you support Weasyl's collections feature? Is the client web-based, browser-based, or an actual application?

Gnarl
04-16-2014, 09:14 PM
I think you were asked over on FAF please define "Client".

Jakc Mcslay
04-17-2014, 05:52 PM
Very NSFW.

Crossposters like these interest me, but I don't post anything. Ever. So unfortunately I'm not part of your target audience, but with that said, how are you planning to handle the differences in tagging and ratings systems? Will you support Weasyl's collections feature? Is the client web-based, browser-based, or an actual application?
If you watch a lot of people it will be useful too because it also reads you messages. As for what it is, it runs via browser on a locally installed client. For now there isn't collections support, since there isn't a good way of retrieving those.

As for different systems, ratings and such are handled by choosing the closest match of "General", "Teen", "Mature" and "Adult" while other too specific things such as categories have their own section for each site on the submission interface

athdaraxen
04-24-2014, 07:08 PM
I'd love to help if I can!

I post to...
Furaffinity, Weasyl, Facebook (not really an 'art site)and Tumblr!
I also post to my website and Twitter.

It's not much but maybe I can be of some use!

TheMysteriousL
04-25-2014, 11:41 PM
I sometimes post on Tumblr, Deviantart and Furaffinity, but not in soooooo long.

Sammacha
04-28-2014, 02:45 PM
I would be interested in seeing what it was and how it worked.
I post here, to FA, to DA, to tumblr, and to FB/Twitter (linked)

doubt that my blog/site counts with that. I'm not uber active though, but I would love to use something like this if it worked well.

FatalSyndrome
04-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Mainly FurAffinity and Weasyl over here.

Jakc Mcslay
04-29-2014, 01:49 PM
I'd love to help if I can!

I post to...
Furaffinity, Weasyl, Facebook (not really an 'art site)and Tumblr!
I also post to my website and Twitter.

It's not much but maybe I can be of some use!Well I actually intend to add facebook support at some point at the moment it has support for Deviantart, DrawCrowd, Furaffinity, Inkbunny, Sofurry, Tumblr, Weasyl and Wysp :)

athdaraxen
04-29-2014, 02:30 PM
I forgot to add Wysp! I just got really going on there a week or so ago. Very interesting site. :3

Nattles
05-02-2014, 10:17 AM
I post artwork on Wysp, deviantART, tumblr, and here. I also post artwork on my facebook, but that's on my personal page.

Jakc Mcslay
05-07-2014, 08:42 AM
I'm now debating myself wether or not to add twitter support, would anyone be interested in having twitter photo posts along art site submissions? Because I know there's people who post sketches on twitter (btw, I can filter out retweets to avoid having silly stuff in the middle)

MusicMetalHead
05-20-2014, 01:42 PM
I've been looking for something like this forever. I've been defunct on a number of sites for awhile now due to how ridiculously long it takes to post. I could very easily post almost daily if I had this. Very much willing to start doing so if I were a beta tester. I've got a Conceptart.org a Crimsondaggers a DA and a tumblr. I'v also been considering signing up for permanoobs as well. Hell I'd post to the twitter I made just so I could see Hussie's horse tweets on a regular basis for access to this thing.

MusicMetalHead
05-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Also a question. Would this app be capable of posting to a specific thread, such as my sketchbook threads on CA and CD, or would it start a new one each time?

Jakc Mcslay
06-01-2014, 02:51 PM
At least for now I don't intend on working with forums. There's too many quirks about them to be worked at, I need to figure out a good procedure to post to them, there is an extensive list of sites that may be enebled in the future, though: http://artwatcher.binarte.com/roadmap/

Sammacha
06-03-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm now debating myself wether or not to add twitter support, would anyone be interested in having twitter photo posts along art site submissions? Because I know there's people who post sketches on twitter (btw, I can filter out retweets to avoid having silly stuff in the middle)

I don't think twitter would really be super beneficial for images. I guess some people would do it but my FB and my twitter are locked so really it would just be redundant.

NeonLink
09-24-2014, 06:20 PM
I post to DeviantART, Tumblr and now here. I am on FA but not particularly active.

medacris
09-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Sites I post to: dA, Y!Gallery, Facebook, Tumblr, Weasyl, and periodically linking my art on Twitter. I used to have a SheezyArt, too, but I lost my password, and couldn't recover it.

I'm not familiar with Wysp. I've had FA linked to me a couple of times, just so a friend of mine could link me character references for a drawing, but I've never had the desire to create an FA account.

Takaia
10-01-2014, 01:41 PM
I crosspost to deviantART, Furaffinity, and Weasyl. Possibly Tumblr in the future; I asked my followers there and two of them responded that I should indeed post my art there. If there's any way I can help, let me know!

foxboyprower
01-10-2015, 09:08 PM
I do! Although I'm also making a cross posting tool. How far have you gotten on it so far? X3