PDA

View Full Version : Spring Anime 2014

sharkhound
04-11-2014, 02:42 PM
To all you anime fans out there,

http://kotaku.com/your-complete-spring-2014-anime-guide-1560641956

So what are you most excited for this season?
Discuss your must sees and sleeper series here, but please try not to spoil, it ruins the fun.

-Shark

sharkhound
04-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Only thing I care about is Jojo.

Same here, but I still watch others.
I have been a fan of JoJo for a really long time, used to read it all the time, glad to see that it is being remade so great.

QT Melon
04-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Anime is so saturated now, I don't even care to keep up on what is new and coming out because a lot of shows come off the same, be it character designs or plot.

I generally wait till a few are out and have good buzz before going into them. Now a days they don't even have the longer seasons, just maybe 12 eps.

sharkhound
04-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Anime is so saturated now, I don't even care to keep up on what is new and coming out because a lot of shows come off the same, be it character designs or plot.

I generally wait till a few are out and have good buzz before going into them. Now a days they don't even have the longer seasons, just maybe 12 eps.

Well, I personally agree with you, I usually am very picky of what I watch though, like this generation is all about Slice of Life, etc.
Though I was raised in the classics, it is hard to find stuff that impresses me.

Moogle
04-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Oh wow, thanks for the list! Although after going through all them, I can't see any that really catch my eye (other than Date A Live since the main heroine looks wicked, it's just a shame that nothing hardly happens in it). I'm mainly waiting for the new season of Sword Art Online (GGO) & the remake of Fate Stay Night done by Ufotable. Looks like those won't be out for awhile however. :cry:

sharkhound
04-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Oh wow, thanks for the list! Although after going through all them, I can't see any that really catch my eye (other than Date A Live since the main heroine looks wicked, it's just a shame that nothing hardly happens in it). I'm mainly waiting for the new season of Sword Art Online (GGO) & the remake of Fate Stay Night done by Ufotable. Looks like those won't be out for awhile however. :cry:

I wasn't too much a fan of SAO, though I did watch it, it was lacking a lot in my opinion. As for the fate series I am still catching up.
Something that is similar to what you listed, would be Coffin Princess, the other Bones anime they did this season, the other being Captain Earth which looks meh.

SirCoffeecup
04-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Waiting for Knights of sidonia. I like Nihei's art, and this has been on my to read/to watch list.

Toshabi
04-11-2014, 10:45 PM
Cowboy Bebop and Trigun

Moogle
04-12-2014, 01:57 AM
I wasn't too much a fan of SAO, though I did watch it, it was lacking a lot in my opinion. As for the fate series I am still catching up.
Something that is similar to what you listed, would be Coffin Princess, the other Bones anime they did this season, the other being Captain Earth which looks meh.

I'm going to assume that you've only watched the anime of Sao, which I agree was lacking big time. Reading the light novel is a much different experience though and I always recommend it to people who disliked the anime. As for the fate series, Zero (Ufotable did this one, which is why I have high hopes for the remake of Night) is a must watch (it's a prequel tho, F/SN comes first). Night on the other hand was so poorly done as an anime that I didn't even make it past ep 2. I recommend the visual novel if you want the real experience of it! I know this topic's about anime, but geez I hate crap adaptions.

Ah, & thx for the recommendations. I'll check em out. :)

sharkhound
04-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Waiting for Knights of sidonia. I like Nihei's art, and this has been on my to read/to watch list.

I actually saw it yesterday, its was very nice, the CGI was decent enough.
As for the story, I would love to look into it more.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to assume that you've only watched the anime of Sao, which I agree was lacking big time. Reading the light novel is a much different experience though and I always recommend it to people who disliked the anime. As for the fate series, Zero (Ufotable did this one, which is why I have high hopes for the remake of Night) is a must watch (it's a prequel tho, F/SN comes first). Night on the other hand was so poorly done as an anime that I didn't even make it past ep 2. I recommend the visual novel if you want the real experience of it! I know this topic's about anime, but geez I hate crap adaptions.

Ah, & thx for the recommendations. I'll check em out. :)

No that is perfectly fine, I read a lot of manga, I actually learned to transfer it to pdf form then to my Nook.
I will have to try and read it sometime.

As for others this season, I would recoomend:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Haikyuu!

Ping Pong

Knights of Sidonia

Battlechili1
04-14-2014, 07:58 AM
This season I'm watching Captain Earth, No Game No Life, Magica Wars, Soul Eater Not and Mekaku City Actors.
Captain Earth is an original mecha anime by Bones, and I LOVED Eureka Seven, so I'm giving it a watch for sure. Magica Wars is a Gainax anime where the character designs come from Pixiv artists, which to me can only mean good things, so I'm giving it a watch. I liked Soul Eater so Soul Eater Not is a no brainer. I LOVE SHAFT's art, animation, and style, so Mekaku City Actors is a must-see. (Bakemonogatari, Madoka Magica....) As for No Game No Life, the premise and artwork have me interested. MMO anime keep calling out to me. (Even though I hated Sword Art Online and thought Log Horizon was boring)

There are a couple others I might watch, but those are the main ones.

EDIT: I want to start on Jojo from the beginning before watching this new one.

sharkhound
04-14-2014, 02:12 PM
This season I'm watching Captain Earth, No Game No Life, Magica Wars, Soul Eater Not and Mekaku City Actors.
Captain Earth is an original mecha anime by Bones, and I LOVED Eureka Seven, so I'm giving it a watch for sure. Magica Wars is a Gainax anime where the character designs come from Pixiv artists, which to me can only mean good things, so I'm giving it a watch. I liked Soul Eater so Soul Eater Not is a no brainer. I LOVE SHAFT's art, animation, and style, so Mekaku City Actors is a must-see. (Bakemonogatari, Madoka Magica....) As for No Game No Life, the premise and artwork have me interested. MMO anime keep calling out to me. (Even though I hated Sword Art Online and thought Log Horizon was boring)

There are a couple others I might watch, but those are the main ones.

EDIT: I want to start on Jojo from the beginning before watching this new one.

Yeah, JoJo is such a series full of such manliness and has that classic vibe which I love. The Stardust Crusaders arc is pretty much the most popular of the bunch though, the next one is alot better in my own opinion.

Captain Earth started off iffy and seems like it is going to bore me, unlike Eureka Seven which amazed me in the first few minutes.