PDA

View Full Version : LoL: A thread

Tybby
08-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Anyone else play League?

I started back in 2011, and then dropped it for awhile

but now over the summer I'm playing again and all is full of love

Who do you main? What do you think of the latest champ?

I like playing Teemo top (badger skin~), and I'm learning vlad too o:

I also play Sivir ADC and Soraka support :3

Fay V
08-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Soraka and Tarrek support. I am the most rockinest support so long as you don't expect much.

Ashe is my main, I wanna learn Graves

Vlad was my old main, i'm okay with Annie.

Yeah, but really i've been into ARAM lately. that shit is the best.

Eminoxic
08-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Already a thread for LoL discussion, but since I was also tempted to make a new 1, I will let it slide this time! :mad:

Also, Fay V is awesome, when she supports and I go Graves, we are unstoppable.

My current main is Diana for obvious reasons. She is overpowered. Abusing her before they nerf the passive, got almost a 90% win ratio in ranked with over 30 games played lol.

Latest champ, Rengar, I am disappointed to be honest, I expected more. Though I think hes pretty fun in Twisted Treeline.

Tybby
08-28-2012, 12:37 AM
Already a thread for LoL discussion, but since I was also tempted to make a new 1, I will let it slide this time! :mad:

Or maybe you just fear drawing my ire

;3 ;3 ;3 ;3 ;3 ;3 ;3 ;3 ;3

On the subject of Diana: too many people play her mid lane. How the hell do people think that that is a good idea. Just because someone builds AP doesn't mean they go mid.

On the subject of popular but dumb lanes: Sending Teemo bot lane or Vlad mid lane so totally defeats the purpose of using those champions that it's sad

although Rengar-Teemo bot is legitimately scary, for some reason. Anyone know a good strategy versus them?

Sinjo
08-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Much prefer HoN to Lol to be honest.

Not trying to incite anything or what not, just feel that the thread caters to the majority instead of everyone.

I'll go back to my corner now.

Fay V
08-29-2012, 07:09 PM
If you want a HoN discussion why not make one then?

Anyway, I'm starting to get bored with LoL, maybe I should branch out a bit more but I find I only really like ARAM now.

Sinjo
08-29-2012, 07:37 PM
'cause that would make me a hypocrite.

I believe that if we make a thread for every game, all those threads will eventually die thanks to split interests.

Fay V
08-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Except there's a reason for specialization, they are similar games, but if I wanted to discuss the recent patch changes to LoL and which characters to shut down Shen, or what the best build for vlad is then I can come here.
You can make a general RTS thread but there's not much to discuss. once you get into specifics the things you really need to know will be drowned out with other stuff.

If I want LoL tips I will go to the LoL thread. If I want to learn to play HoN, HoN thread. Regardless, it's a good idea to just make the thread you want to see, instead of saying you don't like it in the thread.

Tybby
08-30-2012, 03:24 AM
So I've been playing Teemo for awhile

And I thought maybe I should change up my build for him, given the recent AP buff to his E

So I normally build
Berserkers Greaves, Wriggle's Lantern, Hextech Gunblade, Wit's End, Frozen Mallet, Banshee's veil

I'm thinking of maybe switching FM out for rylai's? I already get a slow from HG, and Teemo seems to like AP more than AD now given the buff

Or perhaps not even Rylai's, but something with even more AP? Deathcap comes to mind

Hm hm hmmmmmmm

Eminoxic
08-30-2012, 06:38 AM
^ For Teemo, just get Phage, Malady, Finish Frozen Mallet or Wits End, and you automatically win. Super cheap items, that each dominate top lane every time you buy 1 :geek:

Malady is really strong now since the patch, was before already on Teemo, but like, much more now.

Raevis
08-30-2012, 08:55 AM
If anything, I'd keep the FM since Rylai's slow won't proc on auto attacks like FM's. XD If you're looking for more AP, maybe swap the Wit's End for a Malady or Nashor's Tooth? I wouldn't really hop on Deathcap unless you're going full or mostly full AP.

Tybby
08-30-2012, 03:46 PM
The problem with getting rid of Wit's end, or FM, is that I also need the staying power, else I drop off the map faster than I already would be

I'll experiment with Malady, although I'm unsure what to replace with it

Also his E is an on-hit spell, I thought, which would maybe proc rylai's? I'll have to do some searching

Apparently it doesn't count for rylai's

hm hm hmmmm

Raevis
08-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah, Rylai's doesn't proc from on-hit abilities. :c Spellvamp generally doesn't either.

I was initially gonna suggest replacing Wriggles, but it's your only armor and the life steal and abilities are nice, too. You could maybe pop a little extra M Def. by snagging some Mercury Treads instead? It'd be a trade-off, somewhat less defense and attack speed for tenacity and more strength.

(I think, anyway. I forget if AS is multiplicative or additive. XD)

Sinjo
08-30-2012, 08:32 PM
I doubt I'd get much response, especially so when the forum's size is this small.

Maybe when it grows a bit, but for now, it'd be drowned out by the more broad and popular topics.

Fay V
08-30-2012, 08:43 PM
The point is simply, if you don't intend to follow the topic of the thread, do not post in the thread. It's rude. If You want a HoN thread, make one. If you want a general RTS thread, make one. Don't make excuses for why you were rude in a thread. If you don't like lol or are not interested in LoL then just move on. That goes for anything.

Anyway, I want to start learning Graves, making him my carry instead of Ashe. Do I just build him exactly like Ashe? IE, PD, Berzerker greaves...um

Raevis
08-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Probably standard ADC builds? IE, BT, PD... maybe a Phage to keep them from getting away, too. XD I haven't messed with him much yet, likely going to since he's on free week right now.

Fay V
08-30-2012, 08:48 PM
oooh I didn't know he's free week. I should really put him through his paces.

Raevis
08-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Alright, so I'm trying the new kat while she's free all week. Is it still common to rush Gunblade and build AP on her?

Sinjo
08-30-2012, 09:09 PM
You are completely missing the point and going way beyond what you need to.

I was simply trying to incorporate a game of the same genre into the topic, at the very least see if there was anyone else who played the game.

Honestly, It's rude that you called me out.

Tybby
08-31-2012, 12:22 AM
Anyway, I want to start learning Graves, making him my carry instead of Ashe. Do I just build him exactly like Ashe? IE, PD, Berzerker greaves...um

My general ADC build is

Boots and pots
Either 2 dorans blades or a BF sword (depending on how well you're doing)
Merc treads or Bers Greaves, built during ^, or after
If 2 dorans, start on IE, if BF sword, get a Vamp Scepter and then build IE
Get a vamp scepter after selling your Dorans blades to make IE
Phantom Dancer
Blood Thirster
Last Whisper / Frozen Mallet
Guardian Angel / Banshee's Veil

Super nerd omg

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Rylai's doesn't proc from on-hit abilities. :c Spellvamp generally doesn't either.

I was initially gonna suggest replacing Wriggles, but it's your only armor and the life steal and abilities are nice, too. You could maybe pop a little extra M Def. by snagging some Mercury Treads instead? It'd be a trade-off, somewhat less defense and attack speed for tenacity and more strength.

(I think, anyway. I forget if AS is multiplicative or additive. XD)

AS is percent, I think

Merc Treads, Wriggle's, HGB, Malady, Frozen Mallet, Banshee's?

Hm hmmmmm

The problem is it takes away my early game attack speed, but then I get more of it late game

hm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Raevis
08-31-2012, 08:40 PM
It's all just gonna be experimenting. XD I'd kinda recommend experimenting with replacing the HGB, but I know it's nice for hybrid Teemo, so that's up to you.

ANYWAY.

I'm considering grabbing Sona (yes kinda because of the new skin whatever >3>). Is she played strictly aura-support, or can she be done a bit more AP Carry like Taric can? I have a somewhat good feel for her from the free weeks, but I've never really settled on a decent build for her. XD

Tybby
09-01-2012, 04:48 AM
It's all just gonna be experimenting. XD I'd kinda recommend experimenting with replacing the HGB, but I know it's nice for hybrid Teemo, so that's up to you.

ANYWAY.

I'm considering grabbing Sona (yes kinda because of the new skin whatever >3>). Is she played strictly aura-support, or can she be done a bit more AP Carry like Taric can? I have a somewhat good feel for her from the free weeks, but I've never really settled on a decent build for her. XD

Sona, from what I know, is mostly aura

Play her like you would soraka, but be closer to the team a bit more often (aura benefits, no global ult)

Wards are the priority, though

Also, for everyone:
Teemo is not an AD carry; he is an "anti-bruiser"
Much like how Kassadin is the "anti-mage", Teemo is a counterpick for top lane, who will excel against a short ranged fighter like Fiora, Darius, or Cho'gath
Do not play Teemo as an AD carry in bot lane. You will most likely be outranged, your poison will be useless versus a healing support, and you will be outdamaged. Taking up the ADC slot means your team wont have one late game. Teemo has very little late game, he's not built for it, this is what makes him not-a-carry. (A carry "snowballs", getting better over time, in stats and abilities, much more than the average champion)
You will also lose every trade, seeing as you have almost no defense at all

Knowing which lane to send your champion to is a very critical part of wining this game

While I'm on this tyraid I should probably include:
Vlad could also qualify as an anti-bruiser, as a ranged top. He seems to be better there than mid
Kennen too maybe? hm hm hmmmmmmm

The biggest issue with calling Teemo or Vlad "Carries", is that neither have any burst

They are both what you would call "sustained damage" characters, they focus on dealing x amount of damage consistently as opposed to 3x damage in bursts

This is why Vlad is no fun in mid, because all the other mids are "AP carries", specializing in burst
Any trade you have with their mid will end in their favour

send 'em both top to kick ass

Eminoxic
09-01-2012, 07:18 AM
You should play Sona like I do, it's extremely funny. All my items are auras, I even whip out the old Soul Shroud. In team fights it's like we have Baron all the time lol

Raevis
09-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Sona, from what I know, is mostly aura

Play her like you would soraka, but be closer to the team a bit more often (aura benefits, no global ult)

Wards are the priority, though

...Never played Soraka either ahah... XD But from what you're saying, I'd guess Philo and HoG, Aegis, Solari, Shurelya's, ward the hell out of everything? (And likely the GP boost mastery?)

Also, for everyone:
Teemo is not an AD carry; he is an "anti-bruiser"
Agree. >3> I've had people call me an adc while poking around with Teemo and I just kinda stare at the screen dumbfounded. (Moreso because "hey I'm building AP why am I being called an AD carry?") But his skills don't synergize all that well with an AD carry style of play, I'd say... more of a shutdown type.

Tybby
09-01-2012, 10:07 PM
...Never played Soraka either ahah... XD But from what you're saying, I'd guess Philo and HoG, Aegis, Solari, Shurelya's, ward the hell out of everything? (And likely the GP boost mastery?)

Agree. >3> I've had people call me an adc while poking around with Teemo and I just kinda stare at the screen dumbfounded. (Moreso because "hey I'm building AP why am I being called an AD carry?") But his skills don't synergize all that well with an AD carry style of play, I'd say... more of a shutdown type.

A lot of people will say to build philo stone and HoG

I find it's much easier to build like so:

Start with Faerie charm, 1 health pot and 4 sight wards (many guides will say 2 sight wards and 1 vision ward. I find the pink ward to be too situational to get, unless you're going up against a twitch or akali or some other stealth champion)
Wards btw, during laning phase: one in the blue tribush, and one in the river between the blue tribush opening and the dragon. A lot of players just put one ward in the river bush, but that doesn't give enough warning, if you're pushed to their tower they'll jump in behind you with not enough warning

Your first B should be when you have both enough gold to finish your philo stone, and confidence that your adc will survive without you

buy your philo stone, and then lane until you can afford Kage's lucky pick

I recommend Kage's over HoG because you'll use AP more than Health. As a support you really shouldn't be getting hit (fatally, at least), and your adc will enjoy a stronger heal

THEN build HoG

This gives you 3 GP10 items, which means you'll have enough gold coming in with your runes and masteries to afford 5 wards whenever you b (which should be frequent)

Now buy boots: I prefer mobility, because I avoid enemy encounters (warding everywhere means I know exactly where all of them are), and it gives a better speed boost. Swiftness is viable too, if you find yourself running out of teamfights often (although sona has her e she can use). Ionian boots of lucidity if you really need the cdr, but I wouldn't recommend them over speed. Playstyle, I guess

At this point, keep buying 5 sets of wards. Your role is to ward around the map so your team doesn't get jumped. With sight on everyone, we can plan better. 5 wards in 2 of the four areas. If you're playing offensively, ward their upper and lower jungle (5 each). If Defensively, then your jungle instead

I generally like to put one ward at barron/dragon, and then one in the bush with sight over the red/blue buff, and also the junction near it

This gives you 3 more to place in strategic locations. The bush in the narrow corridor between red buff and the mid lane inner turret is generally a good place to ward

You'll get a feel for where sight is needed as you play

maintaining one open slot for wards, we have room for 1 more item. Slowly build this item, and try not to skimp on warding unless you're confident your team will be okay. This item should be an aura item, which will help your team more than it will help you. I prefer to buy will of the ancients, because everyone uses spells in teamfights, and the extra spellvamp can really make a difference. Shurelya's is good if you need to get places faster, and stacks well with sona's E. I imagine a sona with boots of mobility, shurelya's and her E up would be very fast indeed

Zeke's herald gives attack speed and lifesteal, I think. This is viable, I guess. I'm not an expert on zekes herald. I'm not a fan of the locket of iron solari. Health regen doesn't give as much health in battle as lifesteal or spellvamp, and the shield is... idk. Not an item I use often so I dunno.

I recommend against Aegis of the Legion, because usually your jungler will get it. You're wasting a lot of item potential if both of you have it, as only the two of you will get the effect of both

and that's about it in terms of general support info. I'm sure I forgot something

Also, as an anecdote: I played a game where I was double top as teemo with a volibear. I helped him whittle down the enemy champ (can't remember who it was, I think it was a girl like Irelia though?), to the point where voli could take her on his own. Then I started roaming, helping mid and bot with kills

It was a beautiful game and I wish we had won, but the rest of the team fed :/

- - - Updated - - -

on the subject of masteries: most guides say to go into the defense tree

I find it's much more efficacious to go 1/0/29

Summoner's wrath for improved exhaust (to shut the enemy adc down)

Defense is nice but you shouldn't really be getting hit by the enemy team

at least not enough to warrant improved defenses

Tybby
09-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Okay, so I think I've found a really awesome teemo build, which I shall share with you now:

Merc Treads / Bers Greaves
Madred's Blood Razor
Malady
Ionic Spark
Triforce (starting phage, then Zeal)
Force of Nature

A hybrid build focusing on attack speed, ends up close to maxing it out if you go berserkers greaves (putting his AS at 2.4 per second [max is 2.5])

Teemo's E is an on-hit effect, dealing 50 magic damage (plus .4 AP) every hit forever, and then 30 (plus .14 AP) damage every second for 4 seconds afterward

This build exploits that by giving him max (almost) attack speed, and plenty of on hit effects

Malady adds 20 magic damage to your hits, and also shreds the enemy's magic resist. Madreds adds on 5% of their health as extra magic damage. Ionic Spark gives you an AoE chain lightening that deals 125 magic damage to everyone it hits every 4 attacks you make.

Because this is a hybrid build, with both AD and AP, your enemy is going to have a tough time defending against you (Almost everyone is going to be building magic resist or armor, and not both)

With your blinding dart to completely shut down AD champions, your hybrid build, maxed out AS and all those on-hits, teemo should be able to win every 1v1 situation he finds himself in

take improved exhaust, you can chain it with your blind for an absurdly long shut down, or you can use it when they're running

Have yet to lose a game with this new build

Should probably mention:
I take force of nature over Bloodthirster because I feel Teemo doesn't really benefit from it at all. The improved AD is nice, but most of his damage will still come from on-hits (which do not proc spellvamp or lifesteal), so he wont be getting enough health to offset the enemy team wailing on him

Force of nature however will give you huge health regen, so if you survive a teamfight (likely), you wont have to B for health or risk getting jumped while you sap health from minions

piņardilla
09-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Between work and school, I haven't had time to play in a while, but I main AD Tristana, second as Ryze, and want to learn Alistar and Rumble. I'm still level 13 and haven't really graduated from bot games, though.

Honestly, It's rude that you called me out.

it's called moderating :o

Tybby
09-03-2012, 05:19 PM
it's called moderating :o

Fuck the patriarchy

Or whatever

The point is, let him waffle around

The social consequences of his actions will be

The consequences of his actions? I guess?

I mean, it makes sense to just let people like/hate him for whatever he tries to do

I think he wanted to talk about something else in this thread? I haven't been paying attention

If the people of weasyl want to too (wow I sound like obana......) then they'll talk to him here or elsewhere

If he's alone speaking to no one, then he will fade into oblivion without the headache involved in arguing or whatever :3

#FollowMeOnTwitter (https://twitter.com/Typefuck)

- - - Updated - - -

wait Fay's a woman that line doesn't work

I don't really know what it means anyway I picked it up from tumblr???

Sinjo
09-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Fuck the patriarchy

Or whatever

I mean, it makes sense to just let people like/hate him for whatever he tries to do

I think he wanted to talk about something else in this thread? I haven't been paying attention

If the people of weasyl want to too (wow I sound like obana......) then they'll talk to him here or elsewhere

If he's alone speaking to no one, then he will fade into oblivion without the headache involved in arguing or whatever :3

#FollowMeOnTwitter (https://twitter.com/Typefuck)

- - - Updated - - -

wait Fay's a woman that line doesn't work

I don't really know what it means anyway I picked it up from tumblr???

I'm confused.

What exactly did I do wrong?

Tybby
09-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Nothing~

Or maybe thread derail

I just said "let's see how other's respond" to see if it's okay

So then don't ask me if it's okay :/

Sinjo
09-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Nothing~

Pretty sure you said that, and I didn't derail the thread, the moderator did.

I was relatively on topic.

Tybby
09-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Pretty sure you said that, and I didn't derail the thread, the moderator did.

I was relatively on topic.

IIRC you were like "let's talk about a different game"

Fay V
09-06-2012, 12:26 AM
oookay, regardless, we're off topic now, let's just chat about LoL

Personally, I'm not sure how anyone survives as viegar for more than two seconds, that guy is squishy! I suppose he was much more useful back in the day...but now everyone is basically pretty tanky and he just goes "poof"

Eminoxic
09-08-2012, 10:55 AM
oookay, regardless, we're off topic now, let's just chat about LoL

Personally, I'm not sure how anyone survives as viegar for more than two seconds, that guy is squishy! I suppose he was much more useful back in the day...but now everyone is basically pretty tanky and he just goes "poof"

Needs perfect stuns, 1 hiccup in your stun and you're not surviving. :3

Tybby
09-10-2012, 09:21 PM
So I've been playing around on my support playstyle

On Soraka I'm running around warding and that's my focus, so I'm not altering that

But I find it's more useful for me as Taric to be more involved with team-fights, so I'm playing a bit tankier, while only warding THE MOST IMPORTANT areas, as opposed to all the junctures

I actually started replacing exhaust with promote on Taric. He has a fun stun that kind of lessens my need to use exhaust, and promote is actually pretty sick

You can use it to push the lane while you B, but it REALLY shines during late game

Promote bottom lane, and just keep your whole team in the upper part of the map. The enemy team only watches for character portraits on the map, so they'll ignore your promoted minion as he pushes the lane and sometimes even takes towers (I have taken towers with promote, and it is glorious)

If they DO want to take down that promoted minion though, that's one of them out of top/mid, which turns a 5v5 into a 5v4

So it's either they risk a bad engage, or they let your promoted minion push the lane and hit on the tower. As a bonus, you get all the gold from that lane push (promoted minion has high attack damage and attack speed), which helps super lots with buying wards and building tanky

It's lots of fun, but I only recommend it with a team that can work around it

Don't pug with promote because pugs are dumb