PDA

View Full Version : Weasyl Fantasy Football League

Matt
08-22-2012, 09:01 PM
I mentioned in a different thread that I wanted to start a Fantasy Football League for the board, and I just kind of realized that the start of the NFL season is only a few weeks away. Hooray and everything, but I'm running out of time to get moving on this. My post length is going to suffer for it.

I'm halfway through the league registration process on Yahoo Sports, but before I finalize anything, I wanted to gauge the level of interest and/or see if anyone had any thoughts about

1) scoring rules they either want included or eliminated
2) roster size and makeup
3) how the draft should work

If no one has any specific recommendations, I'm just going to shape everything around what I think would be the most fun and most friendly to people who have never done a Fantasy League before. I'd rather have more people involved who would take this less seriously than less people involved who would take it more seriously, if that makes sense. Which it does. That said, the grand prize will be massive. No it won't.

Unless something changes.

So is anyone else interested? To get you excited, here's a song that should get you excited. _T3eqIWRhaE

Drifloon
08-23-2012, 12:33 PM
hahahaha there's a fantasy football league in other forum I used to frequent and the prizes he gave included postcards, a lock of his band-mates hair and laxative powder. He does this every year and there is a huge turnout (his fame certainly helps). I am no good at football I admit, the last fantasy football league I played I came in 47th. PIP Kanji Tatsumi FC.

Matt
08-23-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm awful at these things myself. My first team was called "The Brett Favres" and my first draft pick was Brett Favre, and Brett Favre wasn't very good this year. I consider that a success. I'm hoping people don't decide not to join just because they're unfamiliar with how it works or think they won't do well. I just think they're fun. And I want a chance to name my team The Very Strong Bidoofs

I don't think I'm notable enough to offer my friends' hair. Prizes would help though. I'll try to think of something worthwhile.