PDA

View Full Version : Making tails

haruayame
02-28-2014, 06:08 PM
My boyfriend and I have recently discovered, via the interwebs, how to make beautiful tails out of 100% acrylic yarn. If you've ever been interested in something like that, I implore you to search for it because there are many tutorials out there, and it's actually a relatively simple procedure. All you need is yarn, a cat/dog brush (also called a slicker brush), scissors, and possibly a hair straightener, depending on exactly what type of tail you're making.

My question now is, what should I do with them now that I'm making them? I've made two so far, and I want to make more, but I have no need for a huge collection of tails. Should I give them away or should I attempt to sell them? Any suggestions, my furry friends?

Tiido
03-02-2014, 11:06 PM
Post some photos perhaps ? I would certainly like to see some of your creations.
If the tails are good maybe looking at selling is worthwhile. You can always give them away as gifts to friends if that does not work out.

kipKei
03-03-2014, 04:46 PM
OH man im so glad you shared this! Thanks a bunch! > 7 <

And i would suggest getting yourself a etsy/ebay/ect. and sell them or do some giveaways on your social media accounts to get yourself out there! Good luck with finding what to do with those tails! o vo

wwretched
03-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Yeah, there's always a market for tails and if you market yourself and make your tails unique, I'm sure there will be buyers out there!

athdaraxen
03-05-2014, 04:51 PM
I've done this before for the fun of it. I wish I had more time to do them because they make for great stress relief! As for selling them, as wwretched said, there is always a market for them. If you go to any conventions that would be a great place to sell as people are always looking for things to buy. Last year I had non intention of buying a tail but by the end of the con I had one. It was kinda funny. Yay inpluse buys!

DivinePrince
03-07-2014, 03:32 AM
Sell them!

I have a quirky thing for animal ears and tails. Especially of the cat variety. Would love to dress up in a maid outfit with nekomimi and a tail. So cute

Sammacha
03-07-2014, 08:16 PM
You can sell them, people buy them all the time, seriously. Whiel they are super easy to make most people are lazy, dont have time or just dont want to