PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Fanfiction Writers?

Naruto Uzumaki
02-24-2014, 01:56 PM
Curious how many fanfiction authors are hanging around the forums and site. What series do you write for? Favorite AUs or plots? Anything to say about the practice in general? :)

I personally dabble mostly in Inuyasha related fanfic, but other series catch my attention on occasion as well.

Moogle
02-24-2014, 03:14 PM
I've written a tiny bit for Attack on Titan, but I much prefer to read them than actually write. I tend to like when the fic follows the original plot, but recently there's a certain coffee shop one that's just to die for, and I know many other people have done that type of AU, but this one's just so special! Maybe I'll continue reading AU's, people come up with the funniest shit sometimes. :giggle:

I personally think it's great to write different scenarios even if you're borrowing characters and places to achieve that. A new insight on the characters, plus it's a great way to put your own personal experiences out in the open and to see how someone else would walk in your shoes.

Damian
02-24-2014, 10:30 PM
I wrote a Death Note fanfiction fluff once. I was also in the middle of a Death Note fanfiction featuring Mello but I got two chapters in and the laptop that I used to write it got stolen so I stopped

Naruto Uzumaki
02-24-2014, 10:44 PM
Ah, coffee shop AUs are always fun. I'm personally a fan of betrayal/banishment/angsty type plots; I just find it interesting to see how character's react when put in those types of situations. AUs in general are fun to explore though. So many strange and fun things can be created because of them.

Attack on Titan has a lot of hype around it, so it doesn't surprise me too much to find a writer for it. I agree through; reading is a lot less laborious than writing, ha ha. xD

Fanfiction writing is something i'm a big proponent of. It helps beginners start to refine their writing, and helps you better understand how to portray character's, even if they aren't your own. It's a useful skill to have if you write, and also a reason I'm a big fan of RP; it helps bolster that same skill with character portrayal. :)

BTW, love your username.

- - - Updated - - -

I never got into Death Note; it didn't hold my attention very well, though I enjoy the idea for the plot and the characters. The art style and direction in both the manga and anime seemed top notch to me as well.

Ah, I hate when things like that happen. I hope there wasn't anything irreplaceable on your laptop. :(

Damian
02-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Well, there were videos I was gonna upload to youtube for a Crash Bandicoot walkthrough I was doing, plus the WIP of the next chapter and a journal that I was keeping dating back to two years.

I was pretty bummed.

Naruto Uzumaki
02-24-2014, 10:55 PM
Ah man, that really bites. That's a lot of progress and projects to have to rework just because someone decided to be a jerk.

I assume you got a new laptop? BTW, any plans to continue work on that fic, or fic writing in general? Just curious. :)

Damian
02-24-2014, 11:04 PM
Yeah. I got a new one a little while ago. I have thought about continuing it but I"m just unhappy with how it's written so I probably will rework it. I have other writing projects that I care more about though that aren't fanfiction so it's not something I'll do in the immediate future. Probably just small things here and there

Willow
02-24-2014, 11:32 PM
I've written a few [crack] fics for Kingdom Hearts, one for Apollo Justice, one for Hetalia, and one for Persona 4 that I've yet to finish. I really don't write a whole lot because I tend to lose interest in it after a bit. Like if it takes me more than a week to write something, there's a chance that it probably won't get finished for awhile.

So instead I just make fun of bad fanfiction :u

Naruto Uzumaki
02-25-2014, 09:10 AM
I've written a few [crack] fics for Kingdom Hearts, one for Apollo Justice, one for Hetalia, and one for Persona 4 that I've yet to finish. I really don't write a whole lot because I tend to lose interest in it after a bit. Like if it takes me more than a week to write something, there's a chance that it probably won't get finished for awhile.

So instead I just make fun of bad fanfiction :u

That's pretty nifty. My main fandoms I write for are Inuyasha, Pokemon on occasion, and yes, Naruto, ha ha. I know that feeling all to well, though I did finish a drabble fic a while back that was a decent length. Felt good to complete something for once. :)

Making fun of bad fanfiction is definitely one of the better ways to amuse one's self.