PDA

View Full Version : Miss Your Chance to Get in on the Weasyl Beta?

Judicant
08-16-2012, 10:29 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8vn7yql3p1r5ecxs.png

For those who didn’t get a chance to donate during our fundraiser because they didn’t have the funds or hadn’t heard of us yet, we have good news! For the many people who asked, we’re reopening donations through our forums for people who missed our drive on IndieGoGo.

Simply click the ‘Donate’ button on Tumblr (http://weasyl.tumblr.com) or here on our forums and follow the instructions. Donations of 5 dollars guarantee an invite, and donations of 20 guarantee premium time all through the beta, plus one month after the general launch. We are overjoyed by the amount of interest we continue to receive, and we hope you enjoy the updates that are still to come.

If you like what you see here, please visit our tumblr (http://weasyl.tumblr.com/post/29593767558/miss-your-chance-to-get-in-on-the-weasyl-beta) and reblog our posts, thanks!
Or check us out on twitter (https://twitter.com/weasyl/status/236286343335014401) and facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Weasyl/posts/411637335562919)

FishNChips
08-17-2012, 01:51 PM
waet wot

I donated $20 already, but what happens to me? D:

Fiz
08-17-2012, 02:05 PM
waet wot

I donated $20 already, but what happens to me? D:

You're fine! You don't need to do anything. Any previous donator doesn't have to do anything.

This is just for people who missed out on the IndieGoGo donation drive. We had quite a few people asking if there was another way to donate to get into the beta, so this is our solution.

FishNChips
08-17-2012, 02:07 PM
You're fine! You don't need to do anything. Any previous donator doesn't have to do anything.

This is just for people who missed out on the IndieGoGo donation drive. We had quite a few people asking if there was another way to donate to get into the beta, so this is our solution.

OH RIGHT

I thought the donator beta was going on right now. derp. So I'll just sit here and carry on waiting then! :P

Fiz
08-17-2012, 02:10 PM
OH RIGHT

I thought the donator beta was going on right now. derp. So I'll just sit here and carry on waiting then! :P

The beta is slated for late September. So you still got a month and half or so.

Flareon13
08-17-2012, 06:11 PM
So are the beta donation thingamajigs gonna be open from now until the beta opens up in mid-September? I don't see a cut-off point anywhere in the OP.

Kazekai
08-19-2012, 03:56 PM
So, how do you usually verify a person on the forums has donated? Their email?

Taw
08-19-2012, 08:01 PM
So are the beta donation thingamajigs gonna be open from now until the beta opens up in mid-September? I don't see a cut-off point anywhere in the OP.

I believe it will last until sometime in September but I'd need to double check with other departments regarding that.

So, how do you usually verify a person on the forums has donated? Their email?

We check their email usually, though with this new system if you donate directly through the forums it will register to your currently logged in account.

Kazekai
08-20-2012, 01:43 AM
We check their email usually, though with this new system if you donate directly through the forums it will register to your currently logged in account.

Thanks, this is something to save up for since I barely have a dollar. :V

Flareon13
08-23-2012, 09:37 PM
I just went to poke around the Donation section to take a look at how the process works, and I noticed the dropdown menu things for both available options say "25 Years" in them, above the dollar amount for that particular option. What's up with that?

Eminoxic
08-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Well, by donating to be a contributor you get life-time to the forums, which vBulletin only allows 25 years as a max subscription time.

The invited 1 was left at 25 years as a place holder. The value there doesn't truly matter since donating to the "Invited" option changes nothing for you via-forums, it just logs your username and e-mail so we can invite you a lot easier when the beta does start.

Flareon13
08-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Well, by donating to be a contributor you get life-time to the forums, which vBulletin only allows 25 years as a max subscription time.

The invited 1 was left at 25 years as a place holder. The value there doesn't truly matter since donating to the "Invited" option changes nothing for you via-forums, it just logs your username and e-mail so we can invite you a lot easier when the beta does start.

Ah, okay. Well, that solves that mystery.

Donro
09-02-2012, 10:23 AM
I donated the other day, do you contact by email?

Kazekai
09-03-2012, 03:09 AM
We're still able to donate to this and get access, right?

Kihari
09-03-2012, 03:37 PM
I donated the other day, do you contact by email?

Correct! When the time comes, everyone who has donated $5 or more will receive an email that contains a link to the registration page. When you sign up, the system will recognize your email address as belonging to someone who received an invitation to do so.

We're still able to donate to this and get access, right?

We are still accepting donations through the donation page on the forums (http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/payments.php?tabid=49) as well as the donate button on our tumblr page (http://weasyl.tumblr.com), and we plan to continue accepting donations in this way for some time yet. Our donation perks are listed here (http://i.imgur.com/fDZ5n.png).

Kazekai
09-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Kayla-La
09-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Thank you for this, I took a quick commission just so I could donate today after I saw this was an option!

teckworks
09-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Shut up and take my money.

GingerM
09-15-2012, 04:37 PM
If we donate at this point, do we need to PM anyone in particular?

Fiz
09-15-2012, 04:42 PM
If we donate at this point, do we need to PM anyone in particular?

In regards to what? Getting an invite? I don't think you would need to :V

GingerM
09-15-2012, 07:41 PM
In regards to what? Getting an invite? I don't think you would need to :V

It was in regard to the premium-level access here, actually; I know the site isn't live yet. Then after I had clicked on "Submit Reply" I saw my status line had already changed to "Premium User." I am made of derp today :)

Mess1ah
09-16-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm so hyped!

Donro
09-29-2012, 03:04 PM
A messiah owo

Meii
10-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I sent my $5 dollar for an invite, a bit late but I did it!

How long should the email take now that the site is open? Or do I have to message someone..?

MordrudesMonsters
10-02-2012, 05:36 PM
I've got a silly question. I donated $5 to get into the beta, but now that it's live would I be able to upgrade that to the premium with an additional $15 donation?

Fiz
10-02-2012, 05:41 PM
I've got a silly question. I donated $5 to get into the beta, but now that it's live would I be able to upgrade that to the premium with an additional $15 donation?

Yep, just let us know about it in the premium claim thread.

MordrudesMonsters
10-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Yep, just let us know about it in the premium claim thread.

Excellent, doing so now!

kaeko
10-02-2012, 06:58 PM
are the perks still available if we choose to donate more than $20?

I was having indiegogo sending me email errors when i was trying to donate the first time. so just curious

Fiz
10-02-2012, 07:33 PM
are the perks still available if we choose to donate more than $20?

I was having indiegogo sending me email errors when i was trying to donate the first time. so just curious

No, sorry :c You're free to donate more than $20 if you wish but you won't get any extra perks. Like I think if you donated $40 you should be able to give your extra $20 donation in regards to a friend so they got an invite and premium.

Vella
10-06-2012, 04:45 PM
I donted 6$ just before the site went down through tumblr, and I'm just curious how long does it usually take before we get an invite email? I used the same email to register here as should have shown up in paypal just to be safe too. c:

Taw
10-06-2012, 05:25 PM
I believe Kihari will send out the invite emails once we reopen the site after the bug fixes.

Vella
10-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Super! I'll wait for mine then! > u< I've heard nothing but good!

shortyantics27
10-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I've donated $5 about 2 weeks ago. D: Should I still be looking out for an invite email? or bugs still being fixed?

Fiz
10-08-2012, 03:57 PM
I've donated $5 about 2 weeks ago. D: Should I still be looking out for an invite email? or bugs still being fixed?

You should have gotten an invite by now. E-mail weasyl.sysop@gmail.com about this. You should include your paypal address in the e-mail somewhere if you're not already e-mailing from your paypal address. Sorry about this!

Weeburd
10-08-2012, 05:32 PM
I donated I think twenty-five dollars earlier today and -sorry if I am being a doop and haven't seen any instructions- will they send an invite out to the paypal email or do I have to ask somewhere about it? I am terrible at New Things D:

Taw
10-08-2012, 05:39 PM
I donated I think twenty-five dollars earlier today and -sorry if I am being a doop and haven't seen any instructions- will they send an invite out to the paypal email or do I have to ask somewhere about it? I am terrible at New Things D:

The invite emails will be sent out sometime in the next few hours I believe - Kihari is the one managing them and sending them out and he's at work right now, I believe, so when he's home he'll check and invite the new ones since our last batch.

Weeburd
10-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Okay, thankyou very much :D

ps your icon is adoraboo homg.

Jay
10-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh, so if I donated like 20$, an hour ago, I'll be receiving an invite pretty soon then?

Bastion
10-08-2012, 08:00 PM
i donated munny but... i think i missed my chance to get in the site beta >.<

Fiz
10-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Oh, so if I donated like 20$, an hour ago, I'll be receiving an invite pretty soon then?

i donated munny but... i think i missed my chance to get in the site beta >.<

You both should be getting your invites quite soon. If you donated at least $5, you'll get an invite, so don't worry Bastion :>

Jay
10-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Sounds good to me, haha! Donated 20$, so...I'll be awaiting for this in excitement. :3

WhiteMantis
10-10-2012, 02:37 AM
Donated 5$ today! Though I am curious in how I will receive the invite. I presume it's going to be by email? And what's the estimated time for delivering?

Excited to explore the site. :3

Fiz
10-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Donated 5$ today! Though I am curious in how I will receive the invite. I presume it's going to be by email? And what's the estimated time for delivering?

Excited to explore the site. :3

It will be by e-mail. Invites are usually sent out in the evening and then they are mailed out on a 20 minute delay. If you don't receive your invite within a day, let us know!

Spade
10-10-2012, 05:05 PM
I sent a donation before I created my forum account.

Keziah
10-10-2012, 06:41 PM
I sent in my donation about a day and a half ago. I'm just wondering which email it would be sent to, when it is sent (haven't received it yet), my paypal email or the email I used to sign up for this forum?

AuctionedKitten
10-11-2012, 02:32 AM
Probably a silly question, but lets say I wanted to donate to get an invite for a friend. How would I go about doing that? It send the email to your paypal email address right? Which I already have an account under >>

Taw
10-11-2012, 03:13 AM
I sent in my donation about a day and a half ago. I'm just wondering which email it would be sent to, when it is sent (haven't received it yet), my paypal email or the email I used to sign up for this forum?

It should go to your paypal email.

Probably a silly question, but lets say I wanted to donate to get an invite for a friend. How would I go about doing that? It send the email to your paypal email address right? Which I already have an account under >>

You'd have to email weasyl.sysop@gmail.com and get it sorted out to do that I believe.

Tony
10-11-2012, 03:37 AM
Donated $5 a little bit ago, can't wait for my invite! I read through the thread, and just to clarify, it'll take about ~24 hours to get the invite?

Zodiac
10-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Oh, awesome.

http://soshable.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

zenia
10-11-2012, 02:02 PM
*donates a few bucks to Weasyl* :D

Fiz
10-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Donated $5 a little bit ago, can't wait for my invite! I read through the thread, and just to clarify, it'll take about ~24 hours to get the invite?

It takes up to a day to receive invites, though now invites are being sent out more often so it shouldn't be that long. If a day passes and you don't get your invite (be sure to check your spam/junk inbox folder), e-mail weasyl.sysop@gmail.com about it.

Tony
10-11-2012, 03:34 PM
It takes up to a day to receive invites, though now invites are being sent out more often so it shouldn't be that long. If a day passes and you don't get your invite (be sure to check your spam/junk inbox folder), e-mail weasyl.sysop@gmail.com about it.

Alright, well, I got my invitation and went to sign up but I got an error saying that the username I tried creating was reserved, so I went back and tried a different username but then it said that the e-mail was already registered. Help me out?

Edit; nevermind, I got an e-mail saying that my account is now created. Weird.

Cyiakanami
10-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Just send donation :D Excited!

hadri
10-12-2012, 12:55 AM
Sent my donation a little bit ago fdslkfjlakdj excited ;w; <3

stokerbramwell
10-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Oh, shoot, I should have donated through the forums! Well, I did use the same email to do it. How long does it usually take to get the invite?

Hyena
10-14-2012, 05:27 PM
I donated through the forums but I also did it during the downtime. Will more invites be sent out tonight or sometime tomorrow?

EDIT: disregard that! didn't realize it'd send to my paypal email, lmao

Draekaar
10-14-2012, 06:16 PM
So, what if I want to register with an email that's different from my paypal email address?

Or if I decide I want to use a different email than what I registered to the forums with?

I have several emails that are used for different things, but if the donation is linked to whatever you donate through, how do you use a different one for actually registering?

Fiz
10-14-2012, 06:36 PM
So, what if I want to register with an email that's different from my paypal email address?

Or if I decide I want to use a different email than what I registered to the forums with?

I have several emails that are used for different things, but if the donation is linked to whatever you donate through, how do you use a different one for actually registering?

You have a few choices here.

1. E-mail weasyl.sysop@gmail.com about it
2. Contact Ben, Kihari or Juste and give them the e-mail you wish to register with
3. Change your account's e-mail once you are registered.

Draekaar
10-14-2012, 06:37 PM
that last option sounds the easiest/least hassling.

Thank you for a quick reply!

kingcrowned
10-14-2012, 08:57 PM
:> Just donated again just now so I can get my friend an account. Hope I get that e-mail soon.

EDIT: Already arrived and got them signed up. <3

bobguthrie
10-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Question: Two friends wish to donate, don't have Paypal, I am willing to do it trough my Paypal (note: I'm already a member).

How would I go about it?

ali
10-15-2012, 10:09 AM
yaaay, i just donated!! me n a few friends are really excited to join, weasyl looks great *u*

Ben
10-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Question: Two friends wish to donate, don't have Paypal, I am willing to do it trough my Paypal (note: I'm already a member).

How would I go about it?

Send an email to weasyl.sysop@gmail.com immediately after donating to let us know where the invites should go (although we would just ask you if you didn't).

Kasune
10-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Cool beans, I was gonna ask how we could donate and get a friend invited. I just did that for someone, and sent an email your way.

Laura
10-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Just donated to the tumblr link, donated $5 with the email Sora@null.net, and would like an invite to Zeikkona@yahoo.com. I sent an email to ya, but nothings happened. :P

Sneak
10-26-2012, 01:17 PM
I already donated 5 dollars for admittance... could I donate 15 and get Premium? Would that work? If so... what would I have to do? Seems like Tumblr is down too. Wagh.

Remis
10-26-2012, 01:55 PM
I just donated $20, but am I supposed to get an invitation in my inbox or something?
Edit: Oops! I just read a few pages back that the invitations are essentially sent out in waves (apparently). I'll just wait, I guess!

Sukomai
11-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Can you still donate to get an invite..even though the sites been in beta for a bit now?

Fiz
11-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Can you still donate to get an invite..even though the sites been in beta for a bit now?

Yes you can :>

Nightpaws
11-02-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm going to poke my nose around for a bit before I donate if that's okay :)

(In other words, I've not been paid in a month and can't afford it :cry: )

MaraTheSoulEater
11-04-2012, 08:48 AM
We check their email usually, though with this new system if you donate directly through the forums it will register to your currently logged in account.[/QUOTE]

Hmm thats odd. I donated dirctly from the forums. But it never did that for me. Nor did i ever get an email. The only email I've gotten it that the payment went through and that was it. Idk what to do honsetly.

Syruss
11-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Just sent in a donation too from the same email address I'm using on here :)

Sukomai
11-06-2012, 10:10 PM
JUST asking but what if its not coming from my email and my bfs paypal email? I read somewhere the donation emaail should be the same as the email you use for the forum/site?

Taw
11-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Hmm thats odd. I donated dirctly from the forums. But it never did that for me. Nor did i ever get an email. The only email I've gotten it that the payment went through and that was it. Idk what to do honsetly.

Just sent in a donation too from the same email address I'm using on here :)

JUST asking but what if its not coming from my email and my bfs paypal email? I read somewhere the donation emaail should be the same as the email you use for the forum/site?

Can you three send an email to support@weasyl.com and let us know which email you donated with so we can look into this? Thanks!

Bungledess
11-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Sent in my donation, but haven't received any kind of email with log in info?

Sukomai
11-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Can you three send an email to support@weasyl.com and let us know which email you donated with so we can look into this? Thanks!

SENT an email.

Taaragh
11-16-2012, 07:15 AM
I also sent a donation ($5) through here the other day, and figured patience was a virtue. I still have the PayPal receipt; should I send in an email? The one I donated with is different than the one on my profile.

Fiz
11-16-2012, 03:54 PM
I also sent a donation ($5) through here the other day, and figured patience was a virtue. I still have the PayPal receipt; should I send in an email? The one I donated with is different than the one on my profile.

Yea please send an e-mail, just to make sure. There's been problems with our e-mailer lately, sorry.

Foxcroft
12-08-2012, 04:27 PM
i donated $5 on 12/05/12. just waiting for the email now so i can join the main site. making sure i didnt get over looked or anything.

Fiz
12-08-2012, 05:47 PM
i donated $5 on 12/05/12. just waiting for the email now so i can join the main site. making sure i didnt get over looked or anything.

Try the following in this order:

Check your spam folder to see if the invite accidentally got sent there.

If it's not there, try going to https://www.weasyl.com/signup and use the e-mail you donated with to signup with.

If neither of the above worked, send an e-mail to support@weasyl.com and let them know what e-mail you donated with so they can assist you further.