PDA

View Full Version : [FORUM] My notifications stopped

catwithpen
08-13-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm subsribed to a bunch of threads, and a few days ago I stopped getting notifications. I assumed people just stopped posting to those threads, but today I came back and there's a ton of new replies, and my subscriptions are still active, but I'm not getting any emails.

Ibuuyk
08-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Ya, the notifications are a bit picky sometimes.

I mean, I don't even get notifications for new private messages most of the time, and I never get notifications for new visitor messages/friend requests/group discussion replies.

Taw
08-13-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm subsribed to a bunch of threads, and a few days ago I stopped getting notifications. I assumed people just stopped posting to those threads, but today I came back and there's a ton of new replies, and my subscriptions are still active, but I'm not getting any emails.

I looked into it and I think I figured out the problem - probably was a problem with the email batch size. Should work better now - did a test email to myself through diagnostics and there were no errors, I'll monitor the email logs though and see if there's any problems though.

Ya, the notifications are a bit picky sometimes.

I mean, I don't even get notifications for new private messages most of the time, and I never get notifications for new visitor messages/friend requests/group discussion replies.

Are you talking about email notifications, or actual notifications on vBulletin?

Ibuuyk
08-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Are you talking about email notifications, or actual notifications on vBulletin?

The actual notifications. I get the emails fine (as long as I'm not on the site at the moment I get them)

As for the group discussion replies, I figured subscribing to them would help. Derp.

catwithpen
08-13-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm getting emails again, Thanks!

Taw
08-13-2012, 05:31 PM
The actual notifications. I get the emails fine (as long as I'm not on the site at the moment I get them)

As for the group discussion replies, I figured subscribing to them would help. Derp.

I've never seemed to have missed a new notification on the forums for anything at all, however I'll look into the system and see if there's any problems.