PDA

View Full Version : Alter Egos with multiple forms

Taelune
08-13-2012, 06:04 AM
So even though I love my alter egos, I kinda want to make a secondary form for one of them because I like her skin/fur pattern but sometimes I feel like giving her wings, horns, and a different tail. (But I still love her ears)

How do you guys feel about people that have multiple alter egos or people who have different forms for said creations?

Alter Egos = Fursonas, Personas, and OCs

I was thinking something like a Hybrid between a Cat and a Dragon for her Alternate form, this is what she usually looks like.
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj541/FallenStarShine/Sketches/DesiTaeruvianoutfit.png

BudgieBin
08-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Having an alternate form is fun! I've got a character who is usually a shiba inu, but has also been drawn as a half-dragon and a smilodon. I'm writing it off as "morphic instability", and though the smilodon form is rapidly becoming my main/most drawn of 2012, I still describe myself as a shiba...

I think as long as you make it canonical for your character, no one will mind. Even then, you can always do what some people do and specifically name their characters to separate... for example, I've got Kaye, SmiloKaye, Dragon/IroKaye... so while it is still the entity of Kaye, we are acknowledging that she's in another form here and it is a temporary condition. There's also the "noncanon" notation often used by fandom writers where they put a ! between a "form name" and the character name... so you'd have Smilo!Kaye rather than just SmiloKaye. Personal preference that's all.

Kazekai
08-14-2012, 12:30 PM
I have an alternate form, but she's treated as a separate character in a separate canon. https://inkbunny.net///files/screen/122/122080_Kazekai_otherkaze2.png

That was the only image I actually drew of her and yes it was done in MS Paint. :V I keep her separate from all my other ideas because I use her in dirty RPs and I'd rather keep that content separate from my "clean" one.

I used to have a character I used for both and it kinda ruined something about her whenever my friends and I were trying to have PG-rated RPs. Although now I hardly ever use my alter ego, not horny enough. ;3

Fay V
08-14-2012, 02:54 PM
I've drawn my character as an archeopteryx, a tasmanian tiger, with wings, as a foxtopus and many others. funny thing is I used to have a more human version of her long ago.

https://d.facdn.net/art/fayv/1295325867.fayv_narrator.jpg

Kasune
08-14-2012, 03:23 PM
My 'sona has two forms, but they're not too different from one another. They're mostly for travel purposes; one is for underwater, and one is for above water.

http://i.imgur.com/3f06C.png

I'm pretty proud of him, though.

And then he turns into a siren when angry.

http://i.imgur.com/aXUxl.png

Taelune
08-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Having an alternate form is fun! I've got a character who is usually a shiba inu, but has also been drawn as a half-dragon and a smilodon. I'm writing it off as "morphic instability", and though the smilodon form is rapidly becoming my main/most drawn of 2012, I still describe myself as a shiba...

I think as long as you make it canonical for your character, no one will mind. Even then, you can always do what some people do and specifically name their characters to separate... for example, I've got Kaye, SmiloKaye, Dragon/IroKaye... so while it is still the entity of Kaye, we are acknowledging that she's in another form here and it is a temporary condition. There's also the "noncanon" notation often used by fandom writers where they put a ! between a "form name" and the character name... so you'd have Smilo!Kaye rather than just SmiloKaye. Personal preference that's all.
That is a really good idea, thank you! Kinda seems more...professional that way?

I've drawn my character as an archeopteryx, a tasmanian tiger, with wings, as a foxtopus and many others. funny thing is I used to have a more human version of her long ago.

She looks really cute as a Kemonomimi! :3

My 'sona has two forms, but they're not too different from one another. They're mostly for travel purposes; one is for underwater, and one is for above water.

I'm pretty proud of him, though.

And then he turns into a siren when angry.

He reminds me kinda of an old Mermaid horror film I watched a while back...;>> no offense it is a cute character, just made me remember the movie. (I forgot what the movie is called though)

Kasune
08-14-2012, 04:08 PM
He reminds me kinda of an old Mermaid horror film I watched a while back...;>> no offense it is a cute character, just made me remember the movie. (I forgot what the movie is called though)

...There's mermaid horror films? Shoot, I need to see these.

hotboychina
08-14-2012, 08:46 PM
does it count if my characters horns grow or shrink or if he changes colors
sometimes i think about giving him wings like i did in the original sketch of him

course the colors here were from palettes

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6bqikpNU81qaggaj.png

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6872kOpQb1qb25uso1_500.png

Taelune
08-15-2012, 12:48 AM
I think people were missing the point in my first post. xD

Kazekai
08-16-2012, 12:59 AM
I think people were missing the point in my first post. xD

Sorry, could you clarify what your intention was?

Taelune
08-17-2012, 04:52 AM
How do you guys feel about people that have multiple alter egos or people who have different forms for said creations?

I think people probably just skimmed over what I wrote really xD

Kazekai
08-17-2012, 04:25 PM
I think people probably just skimmed over what I wrote really xD[/B][/U]

Well, from my perspective, I don't actually have an issue with what someone does with their own character (unless they just painted an existing property a different color), I could say that, but it seems like it'd be a boring, dead-end conversation so I explained what I do with mine instead.

Taelune
08-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Well, from my perspective, I don't actually have an issue with what someone does with their own character (unless they just painted an existing property a different color), I could say that, but it seems like it'd be a boring, dead-end conversation so I explained what I do with mine instead.

Lol what I mean is online, especially on forums, or in the Art community people will recognize someone by their Alter Ego, so would it hinder someone's renown to have multiple OCs they use to represent themselves or a character who has different forms?

Fiz
08-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Lol what I mean is online, especially on forums, or in the Art community people will recognize someone by their Alter Ego, so would it hinder someone's renown to have multiple OCs they use to represent themselves or a character who has different forms?

I don't think it would hinder anyone. I have a lot of characters and some people associate me with different characters or see me as that character, even though I don't really represent myself as those characters in particular. Though it is always kind of funny when people think you ARE your character. Like, there has been people who thought I did hard drugs because one of my characters does, haha.

Taelune
08-18-2012, 02:04 AM
I don't think it would hinder anyone. I have a lot of characters and some people associate me with different characters or see me as that character, even though I don't really represent myself as those characters in particular. Though it is always kind of funny when people think you ARE your character. Like, there has been people who thought I did hard drugs because one of my characters does, haha.

Lol, yes I can relate to that, though most of my OCs are from the same story, back when I was younger people actually thought I was a boy because I was giving a little more attention to a male OC at the time. D: Identity is so important, but so easy to misjudge, but thanks for the reassurance!

Kazekai
08-18-2012, 01:36 PM
I think the only time when that would become a problem is when someone is using an alternate character to hide.

Taelune
08-18-2012, 03:10 PM
I think the only time when that would become a problem is when someone is using an alternate character to hide.

Lol, but isn't that what the whole purpose of an alter-ego is? To protect your real identity?

Kazekai
08-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Lol, but isn't that what the whole purpose of an alter-ego is? To protect your real identity?

I'd imagine they have different purposes. I don't give out my name or picture online and anyone who asks is usually directed to an image of my fursona, because that's who I want to be on the internet.

What I meant was when someone designs a different character to be known as because they're trying to avoid the consequences of something or they have malicious goals. An example would be a person who changes internet identities to avoid paying commission debts or someone who pretends to be someone else to evade a ban.

Taelune
08-19-2012, 08:10 PM
I'd imagine they have different purposes. I don't give out my name or picture online and anyone who asks is usually directed to an image of my fursona, because that's who I want to be on the internet.

What I meant was when someone designs a different character to be known as because they're trying to avoid the consequences of something or they have malicious goals. An example would be a person who changes internet identities to avoid paying commission debts or someone who pretends to be someone else to evade a ban.

Ahh, okay, like Trolls and other trouble-makers xD

Kazekai
08-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Yeah, although keep in mind not everyone who makes an alter-ego for the purpose of evasion has a malicious intent. Some people just want to be left alone or to escape drama.

Taelune
08-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Yeah, although keep in mind not everyone who makes an alter-ego for the purpose of evasion has a malicious intent. Some people just want to be left alone or to escape drama.

Pfffft, I've lived long enough on the internet to realize that much. I've been a forum junky for almost a decade now. Trolls are kinda a new thing that came out like 3 or so years ago. Or at least that is when they really took off.