PDA

View Full Version : Fast Food thread!

Uchimi
01-30-2014, 08:01 PM
What kind of fast food do any of you prefer? Even better, what fast food do you like/hate that everyone else hates/loves?

piņardilla
01-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Ugh.

Street food > drive-thru megachains, unequivocally, erryday.

Batty Krueger
01-30-2014, 08:08 PM
I avoid fast food at all costs. The Habit is the only exception becuase they have a really good seared ahi sandwich.

KumatoraKazooie
01-30-2014, 08:53 PM
I usually only have fast food when on vacation, who wants to cook then? Either that or when my mom is too tired to do so.

xyloart
01-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Chipotle is my bag.

tachi
01-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Rarely eat fast food. When I do, I make it count. And in North America, the best chain fast food is Popeyes. If you're a god-fearing homophobe then its Chick-fil-A, but for normal humans its Popeyes. :D

Greg
01-30-2014, 09:43 PM
I work at Carl's Jr, so it's an original thickburger with added jalapeno and beetroot for me. Though sometimes I'll get a chicken club or a famous star vege burger. my favourite though, will always be the western thickburger with chilli con carne.

Rory
01-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Chipotle is my bag.

Chipotle, or Boloco when in Boston (which is like Chipotle but way better). I just get the salad base with braised pork and some pico de gallo. Tasty and actually one of the healthiest things you could get from a fast food place, 'cus the pork isn't fried in oil or anything.

Onnes
01-30-2014, 10:53 PM
When it comes to nationwide fast food, Chipotle is simply unbeatable. With amount of food involved, they are price competitive with Subway and burger places like Five Guys but with far higher quality. And as these things go, what you get at Chipotle is a heck of a lot more nutritious.

There's one near my office and at this point I'm damn near an addict.

Socks the Fox
01-30-2014, 11:23 PM
Mine's actually somewhat local; Whataburger. Just like you like it. So many toppings, so many stickers! Want Jalapenos? They'll toss a few (or a bunch depending on the person making it) on and slap a sticker on your wrapper so you can actually tell yours is yours (as opposed to your brother's Hickory BBQ Bacon Burger).

Second place is Sonic because Tatertots.

Brace
01-31-2014, 08:30 AM
Chipotle
Q'doba (to a lesser extent)
In n Out burger
Five guys
Sheetz
Sonic
Dunkin Donuts
Whataburger
Wendy's
Del Taco
Taco Bell
McDonalds

In roughly that order. Fast food is bad though.

Pine
01-31-2014, 08:34 AM
I'm not really huge on it since most of it makes me feel sick afterwards, but I'm down for the occasional Beef n Cheddar sandwich from Arby's.

TamaraOfTammyland
01-31-2014, 09:58 AM
I love Mc Donalds, Nandos and Pizza Express. I think everybody likes those.

Brace
01-31-2014, 10:00 AM
I don't know what 2/3rds of those even are. Entirely regional food generally isn't well-known outside of that region. It's one of those things.

Tiger
01-31-2014, 10:50 AM
My top three are Wendy's, Arby's, and Subway. The Wendy's on campus is -amazing-. I love Subway but it can be a little pricey so I don't eat it often, and that applies to Arby's, too. I actually worked at Arby's for about 6-7 months when I was 16. it was a horrible experience but the food is good so I eat it anyway. :P

Chuchi
01-31-2014, 10:54 AM
Hnnnnng I miss Arby's. I also miss Jimmy John's, but there are Subways here, so if I need a fix, that's where I go. I love flatbread~! ♥

TeenageAngst
01-31-2014, 11:11 AM
Wawa is got tier fast food. Their hoagies are pretty authentic, their selection is divine, and they always have free ATMs and air for your tyres. Also they're like save points in video games, where ever you think there should be one one, you're guaranteed to find one right there. Plus in PA you're never more than 5 minutes from a Wawa.

Krespo
01-31-2014, 11:26 AM
Subway is the only one I have access to. Had my first sub in maybe eight months, it was glorious.

Dreaming
01-31-2014, 12:39 PM
Subway! ~<3 My favorites are mostly pizza chains, y'know stuff like Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's... local pizzarias in this region are usually disgusting so the foreign chains are a godsend

Burger King > McDonald's :c Oh yeah, Taco Bell made a comeback in our city's mall, I've been waiting to try it out

Digitalpotato
01-31-2014, 01:02 PM
Subway goers: Please don't buy a Teriyaki, put $10 worth of veggies and $5 worth of mayonnaise on it during the $5 footlong month. Subway doesnt' reimburse stores for that stuff.

Batty Krueger
01-31-2014, 02:11 PM
Subway goers: Please don't buy a Teriyaki, put $10 worth of veggies and $5 worth of mayonnaise on it during the $5 footlong month. Subway doesnt' reimburse stores for that stuff.
What do you mean?

zenia
01-31-2014, 03:04 PM
I like the fish sandwiches from McDonalds and Burger King. I tried the BK one for the first time the other day and I prefer the patty to the one McDonalds has... but I think they should use tartar instead of plain mayo like McDonalds does. :P

The other thing I like that no one else seems to... is fried calamari. I haven't found a fast food place that does it, but I count it. I wish my sister or grandma liked it, 'cause the only time I go to non-fast-food restaurants is with them and I would order a calamari appy... but it is so big and I want to eat other things too! lol

My other favorite thing is "sesame chicken" from a place called Sizzling Wok that I only ever found in Guildford mall in Surrey, BC. I think they changed their name to "Flaming Wok" or something. I used to get a big order of it and go to the movies with my grandpa. I hadn't had it in like 10 years since I hadn't been back to Guildford in a while... but I went like 2 or 3 years ago and totally had to go there and get some. It was just as delicious as I remembered.

Lucy Bones
01-31-2014, 03:05 PM
So far the only fast food places I refuse to eat at are McDonald's and Burger King.

Burger King has shit burgers and McDonald's has shit everything.

Chuchi
01-31-2014, 03:21 PM
Wawa is got tier fast food. Their hoagies are pretty authentic, their selection is divine, and they always have free ATMs and air for your tyres. Also they're like save points in video games, where ever you think there should be one one, you're guaranteed to find one right there. Plus in PA you're never more than 5 minutes from a Wawa.

Fuck yeah, Wawa! They don't have them where I lived in the US, but when I took a trip to NY and stayed in NJ, I got to go to a Wawa. My best friend hyped them up, was not disappointed. Great coffee too. One of my favorite things is my Wawa coffee mug. :3

Lucy Bones
01-31-2014, 03:22 PM
Y'all want god tier fast food?

In n' Out, homie.

Cali has best fast food.

piņardilla
01-31-2014, 03:40 PM

It doesn't come out of your check, though, so what's the harm?

Fuck The Man.

In n' Out, homie.

Cali has best fast food.

Okay, I'll give props to In N' Out. Still an unhealthy greaseball, but it's fresh and actually tastes good.

Batty Krueger
01-31-2014, 03:44 PM
I like the fish sandwiches from McDonalds and Burger King. I tried the BK one for the first time the other day and I prefer the patty to the one McDonalds has... but I think they should use tartar instead of plain mayo like McDonalds does. :P

The other thing I like that no one elsewhere seems to... is fried calamari. I haven't found a fast food place that does it, but I count it. I wish my sister or grandma liked it, 'cause the only time I go to non-fast-food restaurants is with them and I would order a calamari appy... but it is so big and I want to eat other things too! lol

My other favorite thing is "sesame chicken" from a place called Sizzling Wok that I only ever found in Guildford mall in Surrey, BC. I think they changed their name to "Flaming Wok" or something. I used to get a big order of it and go to the movies with my grandpa. I hadn't had it in like 10 years since I hadn't been back to Guildford in a while... but I went like 2 or 3 years ago and totally had to go there and get some. It was just as delicious as I remembered.

I like the filet o fish too, never had a bk one. Theres like 1 bk in my area but its like a 20 min drive and its not a good one. They always fuck up orders and the foos is always very sloppily made.

zenia
01-31-2014, 04:08 PM
I like the filet o fish too, never had a bk one. Theres like 1 bk in my area but its like a 20 min drive and its not a good one. They always fuck up orders and the foos is always very sloppily made.Yeah there is only one BK in my town, but they do a good job (and give out a free apple pie with every meal) so I like them. They are out of my way though (since I don't drive) but sometimes my sister picks me up and we drive over there.

Lucy Bones
01-31-2014, 04:09 PM
Okay, I'll give props to In N' Out. Still an unhealthy greaseball, but it's fresh and actually tastes good.

In n' Out burgers are just as greasy and unhealthy as a normal burger at any other non-fast food place.

Owleyes
01-31-2014, 04:13 PM

In n' Out, homie.

Cali has best fast food.

In n' Out is best fast food if you live in CA, NV or AZ

Digitalpotato
01-31-2014, 04:41 PM
What do you mean?

During the $5 footlong, the Teriyaki sub is often sold at a loss because of the teriyaki glazing, when the suppliers go up. Subway doesn't reimburse the stores for the money they lose when a zillion people come in and order a footlong Teriyaki that weighs three whole pounds.

Batty Krueger
01-31-2014, 05:13 PM
During the $5 footlong, the Teriyaki sub is often sold at a loss because of the teriyaki glazing, when the suppliers go up. Subway doesn't reimburse the stores for the money they lose when a zillion people come in and order a footlong Teriyaki that weighs three whole pounds.

Ah, I see. No worries here, I don't think I've even had the teriyaki before. I usually order simple things from subway.

Ouiji
01-31-2014, 05:23 PM
I really don't eat a lot of fast food, but I guess you could consider the protein shake place and the places I get boba tea fast food. If I'm with friends, I'll go where they're going, offering little input on the decision. I'm easy.

Batty Krueger
01-31-2014, 05:28 PM
I really don't eat a lot of fast food, but I guess you could consider the protein shake place and the places I get boba tea fast food. If I'm with friends, I'll go where they're going, offering little input on the decision. I'm easy.
I freaking love Boba, boba bats unite!

Ouiji
01-31-2014, 05:45 PM
I freaking love Boba, boba bats unite!

Batty Krueger...Ouiji...founding members of Boba Bats :)

Pine
01-31-2014, 05:49 PM
There are so many places I want to try (like In 'n Out and Five Guys) but my region sucks.
My town only has a McDonald's, a Pizza Hut, and a Subway :P

Ratte
01-31-2014, 06:02 PM
The town I actually live in? We've only got a Burger King, but it's actually pretty good. They won't look like what's in commercials, but I love me some TC Chicken and Stackers once in a while. If pizza places count, our Domino's is awesome and I get a philly cheesesteak pizza at my door, piping hot, in about 10 minutes.

In Minot? Hardee's, Jimmy John's, and if froyo places are considered, Tutti Frutti. All the Hardee's joints back in my hometown of Rochester fucked off a little over a decade ago and so having one here is pretty great. Jimmy John's is super convenient and their sandwiches are nice and filling, and Tutti Frutti has several froyo flavors each day, plus toppings, and I get 10% discounts for being a student in town.

In both Rochester and Minot, they have Taco John's, which is a hell of a lot better than Taco Bell, imo. Rochester also has a little thing called Snappy Stop but I hear that they got new management and so their food is shit now, which is a damn shame. I also WOULD say Arby's for Rochester but I haven't eaten there in literally like ten years so I don't know if it's still good.

Also, wonderful surprise! I rarely if ever eat fast food. :V

Krespo
02-01-2014, 01:02 AM
Do local takeaways count as fast food joints? The food's made of the stuff you'd use at home, and it only takes 10 minutes for it to be ready usually :/

Sacch
02-01-2014, 06:01 AM
I'm a huge Subway fan.
I love their Big Philly, especially if it's toasted. I usually get american cheese on mine. @H@ Omg, delicious.

Bri Mercedes
02-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Subway and Chick-Fil-A, yummm~

Only once or twice a month, though.

Batty Krueger
02-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Fuck chicfila. Evertime you buy somthing there you are supporting anti gay rights.
Don't support the anti lgbt fuckwads that run this chain of fast food restaurants.

Ranguvar
02-02-2014, 07:13 PM
If it ain't listed, I've never been to one and/or they don't exist down here.

God Tier:
Chick-Fil-A- I'm sorry, I like chicken sandwiches and waffle fries more than being ethical :unsure:
Whataburger
Waffle House-(srsly) Its 3 am and you're drunk, wat do? Waffle House is what you do.
Lenny's

Good:
Hardee's
Zaxby's
Sonic

Meh:
Taco Bell
Popeyes- It's not that it has bad food, it's just that eating at a Popeyes in the southeast is equivalent to eating at Taco Bell in Mexico. Why bother?
Burger King

Shit Tier:
Subway
McDonalds
Golden Corral- Never again.

Matt
02-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Hi.

I appreciate that there are sensitive issues that tangentially relate to the topic, but this isn't the thread for them. And deliberately insulting other users isn't permitted anywhere.

Please try to get back on topic and please be civil, or this thread will be closed.

FatalSyndrome
02-02-2014, 11:52 PM
T-t-t-taco buh-buh-buh-BELL.

Also In-N-Out! West coast, baby. :3

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a huge Subway fan.
I love their Big Philly, especially if it's toasted. I usually get american cheese on mine. @H@ Omg, delicious.

I LIKE THAT TOO.

TeenageAngst
02-03-2014, 12:03 AM
One time I went to eat at a Wendy's with my friend and his wife. We all got our meals, sat down, and had an decent enough conversation. About halfway through however we realized something was wrong, but no one said anything. We all just kinda had that look, the look of dissatisfaction with what was occurring. Eventually I just stared at my hamburger, put it down, and said, "well, I'm sick."

My friend pushed his tray away, "Yup, I regret this decision."

The three of us dumped our food, went home, and took turns on the toilet.

Prior to this on the journey up to NY we'd stopped at a Denny's in the middle of freaking nowhere. I'd been a long time lover of Denny's food, but this time was different. The eggs were runny, the bacon tasted weird, and my god if it didn't all smell wrong. We left there feeling a terrible weight in our stomachs but we didn't have the urge until we got to the house. And what an awful urge it was.

Finally, last December right before New Years, we decided to play it safe. We went to a Friday's at the mall instead to try and one-up the fast food joints. We had perfectly acceptable meals. We made it to the bottom of the stairs at the mall before we *ran* into the public restroom and had the emergency scoots. The kind where it feels like a rotary saw is coming out your back end. We are to this day frightened of ever eating at any of these establishments again.

Batty Krueger
02-03-2014, 06:46 AM
One time I went to eat at a Wendy's with my friend and his wife. We all got our meals, sat down, and had an decent enough conversation. About halfway through however we realized something was wrong, but no one said anything. We all just kinda had that look, the look of dissatisfaction with what was occurring. Eventually I just stared at my hamburger, put it down, and said, "well, I'm sick."

My friend pushed his tray away, "Yup, I regret this decision."

The three of us dumped our food, went home, and took turns on the toilet.

Prior to this on the journey up to NY we'd stopped at a Denny's in the middle of freaking nowhere. I'd been a long time lover of Denny's food, but this time was different. The eggs were runny, the bacon tasted weird, and my god if it didn't all smell wrong. We left there feeling a terrible weight in our stomachs but we didn't have the urge until we got to the house. And what an awful urge it was.

Finally, last December right before New Years, we decided to play it safe. We went to a Friday's at the mall instead to try and one-up the fast food joints. We had perfectly acceptable meals. We made it to the bottom of the stairs at the mall before we *ran* into the public restroom and had the emergency scoots. The kind where it feels like a rotary saw is coming out your back end. We are to this day frightened of ever eating at any of these establishments again.

Other than my diet, another reason to avoid fast food, is to avoid angry ass.

Ruggy
02-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Does Twisted Root count? There's no drive through, but it's not a sit-down-and-wait restaurant or anything. And I love me some Twisted Root.

Other than that, I like Jimmy John's, Freebird's, Chipotle, and Torchy's Tacos. <3