PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Genre/Style to create?

Zack Valence
01-21-2014, 08:15 AM
I'm interested to see what styles our resident musicians prefer.

Myself, I'm partial to composing orchestral tracks.
I tend to diverge though and my gallery is likely to be a mess of anything I happen to make at the time.

So tell me, when the music itch sets in, what style scratches it the best?

RainWizard
01-21-2014, 09:21 AM
Metal. I love writing a good riff, or laying down some quick drums. Even writing lyrics, I like something with punch, I rarely write anything soft.

Though I'd love to write some soft acoustic music, I find myself reverting back to riffing whenever I try.

JiJi
01-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Post Hardcore, just because it's easy to mix other things in and still retain some energy!

However I like chillout blues tracks, 6/8 tunes are so cool to jam to.

Rory
01-21-2014, 03:43 PM
My own compositions seem to be sort of melancholy but hopeful, soft acoustic guitar pieces. I also have a fingerpicking style when covering or playing in general that is apparently reminiscent of Neil Young, which is a far too flattering comparison than I'd ever deserve haha.

zarya
01-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Ambient Drone. I'm best with that, but I've played around with normal "ambient" before. Not as confident with it.

Tiido
01-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Italo Disco, late Italo/early Eurobeat, Spacesynth. Those grab the attention of my ears always. But I can listen to anything which has fast progression and naiss melodies throughout. Things that stomp in same place and repeat one section over and over make me want to listen something else.

teckworks
01-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Game music, mostly, so it can stem from a variety of genres, though I tend to lean a bit more toward the Trance, Drum n Bass, and Industrial side~