PDA

View Full Version : Physical activities!

BlissfulOblivion
01-20-2014, 01:56 AM
Believe it or not, there actually is a world outside of your computer, TV, kitchen, and bedroom! //GASP
Anyway, this should be a thread about physical activities, be it sports, fitness, outdoorsy things, or anything else that gets something aside from your fingers and eyes moving! C:

What do you do to stay fit? What do you like doing? And why? Is there anything you have ever wanted to try but have been to afraid of doing?

I, personally, am a recently new gymnast (as of last October). I'd always wanted to do it but I was unable to convince my parents to let me until now. It's really fun, even if the most amazing thing I can do is a crappy front handspring <: Or the splits. I'm very flexible, and gymnastics training makes me even more so! I'm currently working on left oversplits. It's very fun! I'm not really good at much outside of flexibility though, to be honest. When I was younger I swam a lot.

--update--
I realized a little late and with the help of a facetious comment that this has the potential to go really not pg-13 really quick, so let us make sure that this stays pg-13. i.e. sex does not count as a physical activity in this thread and we will not be discussing it here.
Also, yes, I realize that this thread is kind of a broad topic, but I figured that given the nature of the furry fandom, there would be so few people actually participating in something like this that we wouldn't have the need for multiple individualized threads.
Thank you for your time.

Rory
01-20-2014, 02:27 AM
Believe it or not, there actually is a world outside of your computer, TV, kitchen, and bedroom! //GASP

What is this heresy, I don't even... To the stake with this one! :devilish:

Also, inb4 non-PG13 related responses.

On a serious note, I haven't had much time to do my usual stuff due to weather/location/etc, buuuut my biggest physical activities are playing basketball, horseback riding, ice skating, swimming, Tabata Method home workouts, tossing a ball around, and playing guitar. Which yes, that is a physical activity! I used to bike ride daily, too, until I had a bad accident.

Basketball is just amazing to play with people as long as they're chill, and if you've never been horseback riding.. well, let's just say you need to do it. Few things exist like feeling the heat generated from a hardworking horse, and the effort of every muscle in your body needing to hold on and be in the best riding posture.

I want to basejump before I die, even if it causes my death. I'm afraid to do it, but I will if given the opportunity.

Sammacha
01-20-2014, 05:23 AM
Well this is one very broad topic.
If your wondering what I do well there is a vast number of things.
I enjoy the outdoors so you can find me there quite often.

Usually I ride my bicycle most places, with that I also enjoy hiking, walks, basketball, badminton, swimming , soccer, capture the flag, dodgeball, football, gardening and most recently archery. I could go on forever talking about this stuff, but I'Ll choose to stop here

BlissfulOblivion
01-20-2014, 05:26 AM
Well this is one very broad topic.

I figured that given the nature of the fandom, there probably wouldn't be enough to even make this a thread to begin with, let alone split it up into more specific and smaller threads. :V

Sammacha
01-20-2014, 05:40 AM
I figured that given the nature of the fandom, there probably wouldn't be enough to even make this a thread to begin with, let alone split it up into more specific and smaller threads. :V

Yes, I can understand that, though I feel something like this will just be filled with lists of things people like to do rather then a discussion based on one topic.

Blarm
01-20-2014, 08:27 AM
I'm a former highschool athlete turned sad, out of shape lump.

Though lately, Belly dancing has come off really interesting, so I am gradually learning that while trying to lose weight/gain strength, It's a start :P

sassySloth
01-20-2014, 09:16 AM
I am a man of the bicycle. As soon as the weather warms up I'll be biking every chance I get. If I'm not biking I'm walking aimlessly around the city.

Rinzy
01-20-2014, 05:28 PM
Does sculpture count?

Really though, I longboard and am thinking of picking up running and/or yoga.

BlissfulOblivion
01-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Does sculpture count?

Yoga is great! I wish I did yoga. I don't really know how and I can't find anywhere to do it, or the time to set aside specifically for it :c

WillowMouse
01-20-2014, 05:34 PM
I go rock wall climbing every other week :D

Krespo
01-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Hard to beat a nice long walk, especially in the morning when you have the waking birds to keep you company c:

Apart from that I do simple bodyweight exercises like pushups and pullups, but I dont find them that enjoyable.

Rinzy
01-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Yoga is great! I wish I did yoga. I don't really know how and I can't find anywhere to do it, or the time to set aside specifically for it :c

My college does weekly yoga classes, but I'm always really iffy about going because I would be the only guy and am incredibly self-conscious about that.

Ruggy
01-20-2014, 05:37 PM
I do Tae Kwon Do! Not super advanced or nothin', I'm just one belt above 'congratulations, you showed up, here's your white belt' but I put my all into every class nonetheless.

I'm also getting back into running, which I love, and am looking for a good local gym so I can pick up weightlifting again. I don't aim to be a bodybuilder or nothin', just to stop having to ask boys to lift heavy things for me. >:C

Aaaand I'm, like, two days away from taking up burlesque dancing. So there's that.

BlissfulOblivion
01-20-2014, 05:38 PM
My college does weekly yoga classes, but I'm always really iffy about going because I would be the only guy and am incredibly self-conscious about that.

Shh no! You shouldn't be! If you get good at it you'll be ripped. All the ladies and/or guys will be all over you ;3c Besides, I'm certain they'd be glad to see a guy there. They'll be nice. I promise. <:

Rinzy
01-20-2014, 05:45 PM
Shh no! You shouldn't be! If you get good at it you'll be ripped. All the ladies and/or guys will be all over you ;3c Besides, I'm certain they'd be glad to see a guy there. They'll be nice. I promise. <:

Hahah, I always feel like I'm the creeper in the back of the room when I go XD I'm thinking of trying to find some videos or something online and just building a routine that way :P

Krespo
01-20-2014, 05:45 PM
I do Tae Kwon Do! Not super advanced or nothin', I'm just one belt above 'congratulations, you showed up, here's your white belt' but I put my all into every class nonetheless.

I'm also getting back into running, which I love, and am looking for a good local gym so I can pick up weightlifting again. I don't aim to be a bodybuilder or nothin', just to stop having to ask boys to lift heavy things for me. >:C

Aaaand I'm, like, two days away from taking up burlesque dancing. So there's that.

Can you somehow combine Tae Kwon Do and burlesque dancing? Now that's a show!

BlissfulOblivion
01-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Hahah, I always feel like I'm the creeper in the back of the room when I go XD I'm thinking of trying to find some videos or something online and just building a routine that way :P

Awwww :C haha.
yeah, there are lots of online resources. I'm not sure how good they are. You could probably go up to the instructor after class or something and ask them about stuff.

Ruggy
01-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Can you somehow combine Tae Kwon Do and burlesque dancing? Now that's a show!

It has been suggested to me. I have literally no idea what I'm doing as far as burlesque goes, since the first class starts Wednesday night, but... we shall see. >.>

It would be hilarious to do a routine to Kung Fu Fighting, even though what I do is decidedly not kung fu.

Matt Conner
01-20-2014, 06:32 PM
Soccer! My friends are wild about it, and it turns out I make a mean keeper. Probably because I'm such a natural at taking balls to the face.

Bri Mercedes
01-21-2014, 06:02 PM
My janitorial job keeps me on my feet for about 4 hours a day :D I'm also a black belt, but since I started working more I haven't been able to attend karate classes.

FatalSyndrome
01-22-2014, 03:10 AM
Weightlifting, long walks, hiking, and mild forms of yoga!

JackalTeeth
01-22-2014, 04:05 AM
I love going for walks and just wandering around, if that counts? I also use an elliptical every couple days, at least once a week but it fluctuates due to an uncertain daily schedule.

I'd love to start going on jogs with my dog again in the spring! And start lifting weights -w-

BlissfulOblivion
01-22-2014, 04:16 AM
I love going for walks and just wandering around, if that counts? I also use an elliptical every couple days, at least once a week but it fluctuates due to an uncertain daily schedule.

I'd love to start going on jogs with my dog again in the spring! And start lifting weights -w-

Yes! Walking is nice <:
I try to make my dog run with my on occasion but she's fat and has short legs and makes me carry her the entire way back >:V

AcidFuzz
01-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Does sculpture count?

Woot, glad to see another longboarder about ^-^ As soon as this snow is gone I'm off haha. My board has been taunting me through the winter.
And to the topic, I love being outside, anything outside, hike, bike, board...nap. Mmmm, sun naps.

Tiamat
01-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Weights, boxing and I love taking the dog out. I used to play paintball waaaay back in the day. (My 21st was a massive paintball party.)

RainWizard
01-22-2014, 06:09 PM
I very much enjoy walking, we have gorgeous countryside around and it'd be a shame to waste it. Plus, if I go with a friend the conversations seem to be of much higher quality while walking.

Ley
01-22-2014, 06:36 PM
I like walkin. I like wrestling/boxing too. Its hard to find partners to spar with. I also LARP.

Carnau
01-22-2014, 06:44 PM
I really love hiking, especially when I'm surrounded by nature.
Horseback riding.
White water rafting.
Martial arts (Tae Kwon Do & Brazilian style Kung Fu)
Snowboarding.
Badminton.
Volleyball.
Kayaking.

......... There's a lot more but these are the only ones coming to mind now. Man this thread makes me miss my outdoors activities!

Ratte
01-22-2014, 06:45 PM
I like to go on walks when the weather isn't shitty (read: not covered in ice or 100% humidity hnng), usually at night since there are much less people around and thus, much less traffic. Walking in Minot at night is kinda creepy though so I don't walk around here much. Home in MN? Hell, I'll walk 7 miles in a night because why not.

I used to like to rollerblade a lot when I was younger as well as bike, but my bike got stolen sometime last year.

I liked badminton, lacrosse, and floor hockey a lot in high school but I don't know if those count.

Tiamat
01-22-2014, 06:50 PM
I like walkin. I like wrestling/boxing too. Its hard to find partners to spar with. I also LARP.

I'd totally box with you. Just promise you would not hurt me.

BlissfulOblivion
01-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Ooooh! I forgot! I used to fence a little! Not for very long and I was pretty horrible at it but it was fun! <:

Ley
01-22-2014, 07:11 PM
I'd totally box with you. Just promise you would not hurt me.

I cant promise nothin, but I can promise yummy food to replace calories burnt thatll cement you for a bit. Thank hispanic cookin <3

autogatos
01-22-2014, 07:18 PM
I am so bad about exercising. I did karate when I was much much younger, but haven't done much since. I take my dog to the dog park regularly, but that's not a ton of exercise.

I guess I just have so many things I need/want to do that it ends up being hard to commit to a routine. I did stationary biking for a while (while playing video games), then work got busy and I stopped. I did yoga for a while but then I hurt myself (in an event unrelated to yoga) and was forbidden from ever doing yoga again by my doctor. I have yet to find a type of exercise that I really truly enjoy, other than martial arts, and I unfortunately don't have the time commitment for martial arts anymore.

Right now I'm in Physical Therapy for another injury (I have wibbly wobbly joints, so this happens a lot) so at least I'm getting regular exercise through that. After that I am going to give pilates a shot per my Physical Therapist's recommendation, because I have been told I really need to start exercising regularly if I want to stop hurting myself.

dirtypaws
01-22-2014, 07:47 PM
my job keeps me moving a lot. i do a lot of lifting and heavy pushing and pulling, as well as having to meet the rush of deadlines so you've gotta do it all at a fast pace. ;-; i sprained my hand something awful once having to lift an 80 lb box of car parts with no help!

Rinzy
01-22-2014, 08:11 PM
can running around campus getting paperwork taken care of count

BlissfulOblivion
01-22-2014, 08:12 PM
can running around campus getting paperwork taken care of count

Is it an olympic sport? :v

Rinzy
01-22-2014, 08:24 PM
Is it an olympic sport? :v

sort of, it's like a relay race if the relay partners might or might not be there/have the authority to do what you need/be completely unaware of what's going on

BlissfulOblivion
01-22-2014, 08:24 PM
sort of, it's like a relay race if the relay partners might or might not be there/have the authority to do what you need/be completely unaware of what's going on

Then you're good! :v you should try for gold medal this year
or is it a summer sport?

Rinzy
01-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Then you're good! :v you should try for gold medal this year
or is it a summer sport?

mostly a winter thing, actually

BlissfulOblivion
01-22-2014, 09:39 PM
mostly a winter thing, actually

Oh good. I'll be rooting for you then! :v

Rory
01-22-2014, 10:09 PM
I really love hiking, especially when I'm surrounded by nature.
Horseback riding.
White water rafting.
Martial arts (Tae Kwon Do & Brazilian style Kung Fu)
Snowboarding.
Badminton.
Volleyball.
Kayaking.

We would get along, especially for the highlighted portion. :D Nice to see another rider here. What kind of horses do you ride (if you see this again)? My profile picture is actually of my favorite/most recently ridden one, a big ol' Belgian Draft horse who was about 17 hands. Can't wait to get back to riding once I'm back in New England.

JackalTeeth
01-23-2014, 02:53 AM
Yes! Walking is nice <:
I try to make my dog run with my on occasion but she's fat and has short legs and makes me carry her the entire way back >:V

Hey, that's just more exercise for you!

BlissfulOblivion
01-23-2014, 03:00 AM
Hey, that's just more exercise for you!

I know. But sometimes I have to do it up a hill >:V I swear that's the only reason I have any measurable upper body strength

Riff
01-25-2014, 12:48 AM
It gets really hot here, and I have an in-ground pool in my backyard, so I swim pretty much every day during the summer! Also, there are some pretty nice walking trails close to where I live, so whenever it's not too hot outside I like to go out and walk them.

But the biggest thing for me at the moment is color guard. It takes up a good chunk of my time, since practices are every Tuesday and Friday after school for 4 hours and every Saturday for 9 hours - except for Saturdays where we have to go to competitions, where we'll be out for around 12 hours. At least, that's the current schedule; marching season is a little different. Our whole show is only about... 4 or 5 minutes (?) but it's still very physically demanding, especially since this show has a much faster tempo than the one we had back in marching season. Don't get me wrong though, it's pretty fun, and I guess a good way to stay fit? Or at least, it's better than sitting around on the couch all day.

Chuchi
01-25-2014, 01:08 AM
Let's see.. when I lived in the US, I did a lot of running/walking and law enforcement related training. As a hobby, I did amateur caving, or spelunking. I love swimming, but I'm afraid of deep water, so I really only ever swam in shallow water and pools. X3 I guess you could still count that.

Here, I do daily walks with my offspring and dog. I've gotten delightfully lazy on the physical activity end because I caaaaaan, so nice to just be able to do nooothin'. I suppose I could still cave, but I really haven't networked enough to find any. I still swim, when the lakes aren't iced over. But Finns will just cut a hole in the ice and swim anyway. :| They bike in the snow too. Hardy people. I still manage to get running in almost daily with this endless source of energy I call a dog. So there's that, too.

I've taken up archery since my relocation, not as physical as some of the other activities, but still counts?

Tiido
01-25-2014, 01:21 AM
I only bicycle when going somewhere but that is pretty much the only physical activity I do, more physical kind that is.
Most of my life is spent indoors moving my fingers and eyeballs lol.
I would join some hall-bandy club or such if any existed in my area. I loved that game and was quite a hot shot at it during school times (which are long over). I am absolutely worthless on skates due to my deformed feet, so the hall variety where you run around instead of skating is only way for me to go at it...

Ouiji
01-25-2014, 02:06 AM
I used to bicycle, but that was when I was going to ASU. I go dancing sometimes, rock climbing (not so much lately, need a partner), parkour, and anything outside anyone invites me to, I'm easy.

Saga
01-25-2014, 02:07 AM
Skateboarding! I've been doing it since I was young, and have the crackly bones to prove it. Waiting for the winter to leave so I can get back into it.

Rinzy
01-31-2014, 12:29 AM
Skateboarding! I've been doing it since I was young, and have the crackly bones to prove it. Waiting for the winter to leave so I can get back into it. The first 60+ degree day we get where it isn't raining like a bitch, I'm going to break my longboard back out.

Moogle
04-26-2015, 02:29 AM
I'd really like to get back into Tennis/Badminton, although I've slacked for so long I can hardly get up from a chair without being out of breath. xD Guess with summer coming, what better time to start?

-kicks brain into action-

Damian
04-26-2015, 05:59 PM
I used to bike a lot but after getting a car that pretty much stopped. I'm wanting to get in to archery and karate when I get a chance.

aainsleyy
04-26-2015, 07:48 PM
I do a lot of running and weigh lifting. I tend to run about 10 miles total a week. Most of my weight lifting I do with using a kettle bell weight.

I did used to go rock climbing, but I twisted my ankle a few months ago and just haven't been back.

Eagle GodHeart
04-27-2015, 08:07 AM
well in the summer i ride my bike and swim all day. yeah ive been meaning to get into boxing but there's no gyms near me, and id like to start weight lifting but my set of free weights are old and the washer type thing that keeps the weights on the stick keeps getting lose. so yeah........

Malevolentmask
04-28-2015, 10:01 PM
Kinda depends on what sort of mood i'm in I would say? For the most part I enjoy running and weight lifting. In the summer i'm ALL about swimming.

The one thing i'd love to pick back up again is soccer and floor hockey. I used to love playing both of those so much as a kid. 8D

BlissfulOblivion
04-29-2015, 04:44 PM
I'm finally getting back to gymnastics tomorrow! C:

I've also been seriously considering trying some form of martial arts. Not sure what though... Based on the descriptions on the website of the place I'll probably do it, I might take either Aikido or Judo at the college I'm close to. (any suggestions or help picking something out? ^^; orz aha)

Viciviser
05-14-2015, 02:55 AM
Been playing a lot of volleyball lately.. when it's not raining torrentially. Have a gym membership and been trying to work out at least once a week.

My guy and I are starting to do Yoga together.
Tennis and racquetball. Hiking and climbing in the great outdoors. Rowing on Typhoons (plastic hollow boats like kayaks) on a river.

I'm finally getting back to gymnastics tomorrow! C:

I've also been seriously considering trying some form of martial arts. Not sure what though... Based on the descriptions on the website of the place I'll probably do it, I might take either Aikido or Judo at the college I'm close to. (any suggestions or help picking something out? ^^; orz aha)

I used to do martial arts years ago. Tae kwon do and Aikido. Don't know much about Judo, but Aikido has some really interesting locks and throws. It keeps you centered and using your opponent's own weight and momentum against them. I'd recommend it.

BlissfulOblivion
05-15-2015, 07:36 PM
I used to do martial arts years ago. Tae kwon do and Aikido. Don't know much about Judo, but Aikido has some really interesting locks and throws. It keeps you centered and using your opponent's own weight and momentum against them. I'd recommend it.

Okay! I think I'll try that and see how it goes. Thankye :3c

Viciviser
06-09-2015, 03:12 AM
I dream of being on a dodgeball team. For serious. I want to play dodgeball. I seem to be one of the few nerdy kids who actually loved that game growing up and being subjected to it in P.E. now and again.

Mei
08-20-2015, 01:24 AM
Mountain biking has been my escape into nature for the past couple years. A slack brake with a bubble in the hydraulics or something has prevented me from being able to go... that and money to fix said brake. :(

That being said, im back out of biking shape. Time to get back on it :(

Joybit
08-20-2015, 09:01 AM
I don't have a license, so I have to do all my errands on foot (with some mass transit help.) That being said, I'll walk a good distance carrying a bunch of groceries and my over all "walking distance" limit is technically 8-16 miles. Part of me feels that driving would actually be worse for me in the long run XD

Vae
08-20-2015, 11:30 AM
A friend gave me some weights.
Unfortunately, they're really small (2 lbs each, I believe?), so I just hold both in one arm and do curls for about an hour or so.

I also have 5lb weights for my ankles, so I do leg lifts with those for about an hour.

I just do it whenever I have time, I guess.

I'd like to get a decent weight set. It's just a matter of money.

Viciviser
08-20-2015, 12:49 PM
A friend gave me some weights.
Unfortunately, they're really small (2 lbs each, I believe?)

I also have 5lb weights for my ankles

It's not the size that matters... it's what you do with it. Pfftt!

So umm... been wasting my gym membership. I've been a useless sack of lazy the last month and a half. I can't afford to not go to the gym I'm paying for. UGH. What is wrong with me? Summerismymostactivetime wtf?

jeythehusky
08-20-2015, 01:30 PM
i'm officially a marathoner as of last year, but i mainly do half marathons. my training runs consist of a few 10ks a week for general conditioning. i generally don't have to train for a 5k or 10k but some maintenance is required for a half marathon. i run outside of course, but have a gym membership to run inside if it's too dang hot outside. i also do general weight lifting/etc in between my run days for general fitness.

Mei
08-20-2015, 03:08 PM
i'm officially a marathoner as of last year, but i mainly do half marathons. my training runs consist of a few 10ks a week for general conditioning. i generally don't have to train for a 5k or 10k but some maintenance is required for a half marathon. i run outside of course, but have a gym membership to run inside if it's too dang hot outside. i also do general weight lifting/etc in between my run days for general fitness.

I am soooo not a runner... you get a pawbump for that ~.~ /pawbump

jeythehusky
08-20-2015, 04:50 PM
I am soooo not a runner... you get a pawbump for that ~.~ /pawbump

i wouldn't consider myself a runner either, i'm neither fit nor fast, but i go as i can. ^_^ thanks.

lilshark
08-25-2015, 10:53 AM
As of the past three months I've started going to the gym for strength training. I started being able to do only 10 lbs on a dumbbell bench press and now I am up to 25lbs and can deadlift 155 lbs from 130.

I doubt I'll ever be someones fitspiration but dang I am really enjoying the energy you get from working out regularly and getting a little bit of confidence is an awesome thing.

Besides that, are there any trail hikers here? My SO and I have been gearing up for the past two years and hiking 12+ miles on good weekends. We are hoping to do the John Muir trail one of these days.

Wolf-Bone
08-27-2015, 02:18 AM
I've been working out most of my life but the last few years tried to get really serious about it. It seems like every time I'm making real progress something derails me and I have to pick back up where I left off. So just coming out of a roughly 2 month long spell of depression and getting back into it as of a week or two ago. This time I have a feeling is going to be different though. The last time was the same just, you can't avoid some things throwing you off course.

Vae
08-27-2015, 03:43 AM
Besides that, are there any trail hikers here? My SO and I have been gearing up for the past two years and hiking 12+ miles on good weekends. We are hoping to do the John Muir trail one of these days.
I don't go on terribly long ones, but I do like a good hike / walk through the woods.

My sister and I did the Manitou Incline yesterday which, while only 0.8 miles, consisted of almost nothing but steep steps straight up a mountain.

The trail back down from it was a lot more leisurely, but 4 miles long. Gorgeous scenery, though.

lilshark
08-27-2015, 12:14 PM
I don't go on terribly long ones, but I do like a good hike / walk through the woods.

My sister and I did the Manitou Incline yesterday which, while only 0.8 miles, consisted of almost nothing but steep steps straight up a mountain.

The trail back down from it was a lot more leisurely, but 4 miles long. Gorgeous scenery, though.

I just looked that up and dang those stairs must be murder on the legs.

Viciviser
08-27-2015, 02:49 PM
As of the past three months I've started going to the gym for strength training. I started being able to do only 10 lbs on a dumbbell bench press and now I am up to 25lbs and can deadlift 155 lbs from 130.

I doubt I'll ever be someones fitspiration but dang I am really enjoying the energy you get from working out regularly and getting a little bit of confidence is an awesome thing.

I haven't done committed strength training in years, but I really liked it when I did and yes, it definitely helped with both energy and confidence. Let alone I did gain some muscle mass that has stuck with me. I jumped from 120lbs to 150lbs. Now adays though I've dropped back down in to the 140s. :/

On to your question though, I LOVE hiking. It is the best thing ever. That's one of the main things I did on summer family trips and such. Let alone just exploring the forested regions of my town. I don't usually go 12 miles... but at the same time I can be outside all day so I might have gone that many miles running around with cousins and being retarded. My guy and I usually go to Petite Jean mountain in Arkansas. The most beautiful place I've been though it Fall Creek Falls, Tennessee. It is where producers filmed the live action Jungle Book movie and it is the closest thing that the U.S. has to rain forest.

Vae
08-27-2015, 08:27 PM
I just looked that up and dang those stairs must be murder on the legs.
It was. It feels like I fell from two stories up, right onto my ass.

But it was a nice walk,
and we paced ourselves.

lilshark
08-28-2015, 02:54 PM
It was. It feels like I fell from two stories up, right onto my ass.

But it was a nice walk,
and we paced ourselves.

That's awesome! Stuff like that hurts like hell but the experience is so worth it!

I haven't done committed strength training in years, but I really liked it when I did and yes, it definitely helped with both energy and confidence. Let alone I did gain some muscle mass that has stuck with me. I jumped from 120lbs to 150lbs. Now adays though I've dropped back down in to the 140s. :/

On to your question though, I LOVE hiking. It is the best thing ever. That's one of the main things I did on summer family trips and such. Let alone just exploring the forested regions of my town. I don't usually go 12 miles... but at the same time I can be outside all day so I might have gone that many miles running around with cousins and being retarded. My guy and I usually go to Petite Jean mountain in Arkansas. The most beautiful place I've been though it Fall Creek Falls, Tennessee. It is where producers filmed the live action Jungle Book movie and it is the closest thing that the U.S. has to rain forest.

That place sounds amazing, I'll have to look that up. If I ever find myself in the are of the south I'll have to look it up.

maugryph
08-28-2015, 04:25 PM
I swim.

WolfNightV4X1
08-30-2015, 03:27 PM
I've been working out most of my life but the last few years tried to get really serious about it. It seems like every time I'm making real progress something derails me and I have to pick back up where I left off. So just coming out of a roughly 2 month long spell of depression and getting back into it as of a week or two ago. This time I have a feeling is going to be different though. The last time was the same just, you can't avoid some things throwing you off course.

Hey wow, I can imagine prolonged depression must be hard so I congratulate you on your progress. It definitely shows how well you do from the few selfies you posted, hehe, I was going to make a joke about how your body molested my eyes in another thread (Wasnt sure how offensive to others or tactless that would be) :P Wasnt expecting to see a shirtless picture, lol

Wolf-Bone
09-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Hey wow, I can imagine prolonged depression must be hard so I congratulate you on your progress. It definitely shows how well you do from the few selfies you posted, hehe, I was going to make a joke about how your body molested my eyes in another thread (Wasnt sure how offensive to others or tactless that would be) :P Wasnt expecting to see a shirtless picture, lol

Hah, just when I could use the positive reinforcement too ;3 No joke, I love showing it off for people because all love is real love. I actually just came back here to mention I was starting to incorporate more hiking and strongman type stuff into it. I keep finding all these logs and beams of various lengths and weights, I go barefoot a lot now like "some ancient Chinese master" taught me a long time ago. So yeah, being a IRL Tarzan is a physical activity. Except swimming because I'm afraid of what's in the water here. I played too much Resident Evils.

edit: Actually, brain-eating amoebas are some real shit and ain't nothin' to fuck with. That legit terrifies me. You know, some people would say that's paranoid, eh? I'm afraid of a bullet in the brain to. I'm not likely to catch one to the dome but if I do I'm probably dead or brain-damaged for life. If I catch a brain-eating microscopic organism, guess what, I'm just dead.

TX Coywolf
09-06-2015, 01:00 AM
I used to love playing basketball and martial arts. Unfortunately when I was 18 I broke my Tibial Plateau in martial arts class which left me with a load bearing plate and very little cartilage in my left knee. Doc said I should avoid high impact sports, and if it were to break it again, there is not enough bone to screw into meaning the leg goes bye-bye. I kinda did this until last year, just relying on working on my feet and walking the dogs to stay in shape. Not until I had to chase one of the dogs who got off leash did I realize how out of shape I was. I absolutely hated it.

I set a goal to complete a Tough Mudder. I started a diet and jogging. When I started I could only go about 100 yards until I was out of breath. 5 months later at the Tough Mudder, I had lost 30 lbs and was able to jog the first full mile. Dang near killed me, but I finished. Ughhh I still remember the hanging electric wires. First 5 shocks I shrugged off but #6 tased me right in the face. Dropped to my knees and went face first into the mud. Overall I bruised a few ribs, was bleeding all over, but was probably the most fun I ever had.

I am by no means in great shape now but the dog goes with me on a 2.5mi jog/walk (walk to jog ratio set by my knee)a few times a week. I wear a 20lb set of weights on my legs around the house a lot, occasionally doing different exercises with them. Upper body strength is something I still want to work on. Thinking about hanging a heavy bag in the garage and maybe making some type of pull up bar to bolt to the beams in there though most of my exercise is just being on my feet 12 or so hours a day. Scuba diving is something I would eventually like to get back into as there are many large lakes out here and cowboy action shooting would be fun to have a go at, but both are out of my budget right now.

Didn't mean to make this a life story, but that sums up my physical activity.

Moogle
09-27-2015, 05:21 AM
Was all pumped to get back into Tennis, but the only close court to us requires a membership (& I ain't payin' monthly for that!). I could play against a brick wall but eh... Guess it doesn't matter too much considering public courts will be locked for the season, but next year I'm screwed.

Time to take up a cheaper sport!

grassfed
09-27-2015, 06:42 AM
I enjoy skateboarding, riding dirt bikes, snowboarding.. things of that nature. I was never really into ball sports much.

Amethyst Mare
09-28-2015, 05:07 PM
I spend an hour or so in the gym every day weight lifting and go horse riding on the weekends. I love being active but also love to spend time reading and writing in my free time (I produce a lot of writing that is posted here and put together for future projects).

Taralack
09-28-2015, 06:38 PM
I only really started getting serious about working out this year. Started a couch to 5k program in March and now I can do the whole 5k without stopping, been able to do so for about 3 months now. I'm working up to reach 10k slowly and might sign up for a half marathon next year. Usually when I'm done with a run I'll do weights and strength training at home, I hate the idea of working out in a gym. Sometimes I swim too.

I suffer from minor depression as well and running really helps take the edge off. It was hard going at first to motivate myself to get out and actually do it, but I grew to really enjoy it and now I usually look forward to going for a run after work most days. I haven't lost a whole lot of weight from running because I still eat like shit, but I feel better than I have in years.