PDA

View Full Version : League Of Legends

zomiee
08-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Such a troll game! I love it! Does any one else here play? Which champs do you play? HOw long have you been playing?
I play Alistar mostly and I just started about a month ago but I'm hooked!
It's probably the best MMO I've ever played and I always used to think I hated PvP but now I love it!

TROLLOLOLOLOL

Raevis
08-05-2012, 07:36 AM
I play on occasion, though not PvP. XD The game is hella fun, but sometimes the community is... rather bleh. ._.

Fav' champs are Fizz, Teemo, Pantheon. :D Thinking of snagging Galio and Ahri.

Sinjo
08-05-2012, 12:21 PM
I honestly prefer HoN.

zomiee
10-27-2012, 01:42 AM
I honestly prefer HoN.
Why's that? I looked at the site, it looks very similar to LoL
What do you prefer about it?

Takun
10-29-2012, 02:19 PM
HoN is based heavily on the original Dota, with an aim at a faster paced game. Great game, but I feel like S2 really dropped the ball and happily switched to Dota 2 last December when I got my key. Now they are trying to bring people back but it hasn't worked for me. Just don't like the company. Has amazing sound effect design, however.

Oly
10-29-2012, 02:31 PM
I tried it but it didn't really stick with me.
When I found out about the whole rotating selection of champs thing, i was kinda turned off, because i ain't fuckin buying anything and it seems like the kind of game I'd want to pick one character and stick with them. Having to change what character I use every week didn't sound like fun so I haven't played it again.

not that it wasn't fun to play, just didn't strike me as something I'd enjoy playing often. I'm not a big fan of PVP games anyway.
Plus I've heard of people like, getting banned for having to go in the middle of a game... like if you do that constantly I can see that being annoying as hell for other players, but the risk of being banned for having to unexpectedly run from a game - which is something that definitely happens to me - is pretty shitty.

Eminoxic
10-29-2012, 03:25 PM
I tried it but it didn't really stick with me.
When I found out about the whole rotating selection of champs thing, i was kinda turned off, because i ain't fuckin buying anything and it seems like the kind of game I'd want to pick one character and stick with them. Having to change what character I use every week didn't sound like fun so I haven't played it again.

not that it wasn't fun to play, just didn't strike me as something I'd enjoy playing often. I'm not a big fan of PVP games anyway.
Plus I've heard of people like, getting banned for having to go in the middle of a game... like if you do that constantly I can see that being annoying as hell for other players, but the risk of being banned for having to unexpectedly run from a game - which is something that definitely happens to me - is pretty shitty.

It's best to play these kind of games very early. For example I played League of Legends for years now, since it was out, so I had a chance to burn myself out on the little amount of champions they had, then play all the new 1's as they came out. If I started League of Legends now, I'd have a headache. Too many champions, too much to learn, etc. etc.

Also, there are some games similar that allow you to leave, cause others can join still. I believe LOCO (Land of Chaos Online) still does that? Could be wrong. Though LOCO doesn't have the same feeling as DOTA/LoL/HoN, since it's in the point of view of an MMO type of game.

Oly
10-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Yeah, looking at the list of champs I was like 'fuck, even if i pick one of these it's just gonna get rotated out in a few days and I'll have to learn to use a new one' so it's hard to just research on them a bit and pick a few to try, and stick with the one I like the most.
Of course I could buy one but i have better uses for my money.

and I mean I get why leaving mid-game is frowned upon, but sometimes you don't have a choice, and the idea of putting a lot of time and potentially money into a game only to get banned because some dick reported you for leaving, when you had no choice in the matter, your internet derped out, a phone call unexpectedly came that you had to take, your dog had a fucking seizure or something, something beyond your control... eh, makes it harder to want to put time into it.

that all said, i thought the gameplay was fun enough, it's just the other stuff that's put me off from bothering with it again.

Takun
10-29-2012, 04:24 PM
It takes a lot to get banned for leaves permanently. Hell I don't care about the game anymore, so I've left like 3 in a week with nothing happening. Riot are jews though, of the highest caliber haha. Or rather, Tencent.

zomiee
10-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I only play Alister. And I haven't spent a penny on the game. You get IP by winning matches, which you can save up to buy champs. And they start you off with some of the cash point, enough to buy at least a cheap champ.

Oly
10-29-2012, 07:35 PM
I only play Alister. And I haven't spent a penny on the game. You get IP by winning matches, which you can save up to buy champs. And they start you off with some of the cash point, enough to buy at least a cheap champ.

oh is THAt how it works? I tried looking for it but couldn't find any damn info.

That's another thing, i was trying to look for info but other than specific strategies and a bare-bones sort of beginner guide I couldn't find much useful. That's the kind of game I feel more comfortable having some semblance of a clue what the fuck I'm doing before I start playing it online xP

Nomnomnom
11-01-2012, 04:27 PM
This is another one of those games where I can either say yay or menh to playing. I really don't have much good or bad to say about it but I know for a fact that I currently suck at it and don't like the fact that you can't like, play this game windowed for any reason, and I kinda like to be able to play a game where I can see what else is going on on my computer some of the time.

Buttercup
11-21-2012, 09:01 PM
My boyfriend introduced me to it a few months ago. My internet at the moment sucks so I don't really play PvP only against computers but besides that my main(aka the best I'm able to work with) Is SIVIR :) I have a preference for range/support characters~

My boyfriend is the type who aimes to master all the players @_@ so he doesn't really have a main heh

11-29-2012, 08:24 PM
I used to play League a lot, this past summer in fact. My main is Wukong. I'm great with Kog'Maw as well. Basically, I'm an ADC.

I stopped playing because I can't stand the community.