PDA

View Full Version : Hobbies!

Sinjo
08-04-2012, 06:16 PM
I figured there's no need to make a specific thread for all of your hobbies, so share with everyone!

What do you like to do, what do you fancy?

Personally, I do all that normal stuff. Video games, television and the like, but I have some weirder ones, I'll go over them below.

My biggest hobby, is collecting masks. I have twenty or thirty of them. Most are up on my wall but there's a few that I don't have up yet.

I'm also a huge practitioner of Balisong knives. Not for defensive or harmful purposes, but the art and technique is fun to learn.

lastly, my oddest hobby is lockpicking. It's something that tickles my brain, picking a hard lock or a troublesome pin.

nakattack
08-04-2012, 08:00 PM
I love to collect dragon statues and/or figurines. I only have a few now [due to my mother's clumsiness ._.] but I just absolutely love them.
Oh I also collect Pokemon plushes. But the dragons are cooler and slightly more expensive.

Uini
08-04-2012, 08:05 PM
I like to think a hobby of mine is collecting classic mickey mouse stuff. Clothing, watches, plushes, I even made a blanket.

Sinjo
08-04-2012, 08:05 PM
I love to collect dragon statues and/or figurines. I only have a few now [due to my mother's clumsiness ._.] but I just absolutely love them.
Oh I also collect Pokemon plushes. But the dragons are cooler and slightly more expensive.

Ah! The pewter kind?

Also yea, those plushies can get pretty expensive.

nakattack
08-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Ah! The pewter kind?

Also yea, those plushies can get pretty expensive.
One of mine that broke [in a record of 2 days!] was crystal. I never cried so much [or at all] over a dragon. >_o That's why they're all out of reach.

Ibuuyk
08-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Games, games, ferrets and more games.

ChitterBox
08-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Games, games, ferrets and more games.

Replace ferrets with poetry and cats and you'll have me. Gaming's my main timewaster.

Sinjo
08-04-2012, 10:49 PM
One of mine that broke [in a record of 2 days!] was crystal. I never cried so much [or at all] over a dragon. >_o That's why they're all out of reach.

Ugh, that sucks.

Brynja
08-04-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm a stargazer, I love me some astronomy. I also collect tarot cards, although I don't believe any of that fortune telling crap - I just like the art.

I'd like to start collecting weird rocks/gemstones, but my rooms already a mess and my family would throw a fit. Same goes for building robots. >.<

I also do the usual nerd things, like messing around with computers and gaming.

Tiger
08-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Drawing for sure, and playing video games. I also enjoy reading science articles and articles/videos of paranormal phenomenon (it's a fascination of mine).

Uini
08-05-2012, 01:45 AM
Silly, I forgot to mention. I really enjoy studying psychology.

AtomiKamikaze
08-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Silly, I forgot to mention. I really enjoy studying psychology.
Oh cool! :D Another one who does that on a daily basis.

Overall, I'd say playing video games (somewhat to my gf's chagrin, who's an athlete), drawing, being with my pets [when she's nice], writing and surprisingly, driving on the highway for loooong-ass trips.

Clover-chan
08-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Ah in my spare time I make charms and little trinkets for money. Without a job right now I need to get back into making them. Plus I enjoy taking commissions.

Other than that I spend most of my time playing videogames or working on cosplay. Though without a steady income I'm not working on much right now. So it's persona 3 all day err day.

RX-149Dragonite
08-05-2012, 09:47 PM
I build Gundam models.

Kasune
08-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Drawing, gaming, swimming... Hell, does sleeping count as a hobby? If it does then it's one of my top ones. Drawing will always be on top though, as it's been an outlet for me for a long time. I also enjoy crocheting scarves, as designing and creating them is pretty fun to do. I've got a ton of yarn and a large amount of crochet needles lying around.

hotboychina
08-06-2012, 05:17 AM
drawing videogames and cosplay

thats about it really

i collect weird things like i have incense holders and a ton of incense
i also collect tons of candles
alcohol and soda cans and bottles

i want to start collecting preserved things specifically preserved octopus tentacles and animal eyes and in general i guess dead things cause i think preserved stuff like that is so cool

soon real soon its gonna happen

Ratte
08-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Playing videogames (older ones are more fun), drawing, wheel-throwing, sculpting, painting, watching tattoo videos, watching/looking at piercings being done, pokeymans, glass bottles or really anything made of glass. I can't really sculpt or throw anymore because, well, I have no supplies and won't for a while (for throwing at least, wheels and kilns are expensive) but I'm looking forward to being able to maybe in school or something. Been painting more often and working with more traditional media overall, which is a nice change from digital. If I can ever find some nice sped up tattoo videos I'll park my ass in front of my computer for like hours, same with decent piercing videos. I adore glass, especially bottles and glasses and figurines, etc. I still have a bunch of Pokémon cards, little figurines from the 90's, erasers, games, those Pokéballs that had the gold-plated cards, you name it. I MUST HAVE MORE. D:

Ibuuyk
08-07-2012, 12:22 PM
I still have a bunch of Pokémon cards, little figurines from the 90's, erasers, games, those Pokéballs that had the gold-plated cards, you name it. I MUST HAVE MORE. D:

Gotta have 'em all, right :P?

Juste
08-08-2012, 12:17 AM
In terms of hobbies, I would say I do little things here and there. I write, bake, travel, bike, and other outdoor things. It's a collection more than anything else.

Kazekai
08-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Does arguing on the internet count as a hobby?

Video games, drawing, whistling and/or trying to play different instruments, reading.

Haru Totetsu
10-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Reading, Writing, Gaming and most importantly...making people smile (Mainly children).

Ghost
10-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Hmm.. Lets see
Archery, Fencing, Insect Collecting and Pinning, Biking, Hiking, RC airplanes, Console gaming, PC Gaming, Woodworking, Leathercrafting, Film making, Digital music composition and I consider this a hobby but running a small chatroom too.

I don't have time to be active with all of those things but I get around to them when I can, I don't like to just sit around doing nothing so I at least try to find something to do.

Sukomai
10-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Draw, draw some more and yet again more drawing. I like videogames as well mostly rpg's. X3

Bayley
10-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Gaming, drawing, and building pc's. I recently started collecting animation cells. ^^

Thestory
10-04-2012, 03:40 AM
When I am not drawing or painting I am writing. Role Playing used to be a big time sucking hobby of mine. When I wasn't writing for myself I was playing with people in some grand sci-fi or fantastical adventure. I don't do that much anymore because of the time it takes. I was in high school then and am graduated from college now, and now there are bills to pay. A lot of time now goes into commissions and polishing my portfolio.

I have started getting into table top which has been a hilarious and rewarding experiences so far. Still learning though since I jumped right into GMing. Fun stuff.

I used to own three horses too. A quarterhorse, a quarterhorse/mutt, and my personal baby an arabian. I did a lot of English style training for a while and ended up getting a few ribbons in dressage which was a fun experience. Recently I've had the itch to own a horse again. I do miss them.

Used to be involved in other sports as well but it's been a while. Curse my fat head that prefers cerebral pursues!

I am a big science geek. Does watching TED videos count as a hobby? How about brushing up on astronomy? Or any other science for that matter. Its great for inspiration in world creation or even design.
Oh I also study story theory and am a small time film buff/snob. I also devour books whole so keep them at arms length or your precious reading material and fingers may be gone.

I have several other smaller hobbies but there is much much more I'd like to do.

Kazekai
10-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Sleeping. :V

AsterionBlazing
10-04-2012, 01:08 PM
I used to collect comic/art books and mid-priced anime and video game collectibles, but I eventually ran out of room and disposable income. Gotta love paying on student loans! I also dabbled in music making a bit. I took violin and piano lessons in school, but mainly spent my time composing and sequencing midis.

Writing/illustrating webcomics is the only hobby I practice with any regularity. I also write fanfiction when the mood hits me (mainly for DBZ).

Thestory
10-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I took violin and piano lessons in school, but mainly spent my time composing and sequencing midis.

That's neat to me since I have no musical talent whatsoever. I leave that to my younger siblings.
I do have a secret desire to know how to play the violin or chello but I don't see it happening.

Zalcoti
10-06-2012, 01:36 PM
I like fishing.

Larry
10-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Dancing, gaming, exercising, and hanging out really. Dancing is the most favorite thing I love to do, it goes well with the fact that I love music.

Syfaro
10-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Computer programming (mostly for web, but sometimes in non-web languages, my favorite language is Python), playing the cello, photography.

I do other stuff too, but that's what takes up most of my time.

Meii
10-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Cooking, photography, events like Rocky horror and concerts, and in the summer time I love going to the beach c:

exdraghunt
10-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Recently, I've been doing a lot of bicycling. I also spend a lot of time at car and motorcycle shows, car photography is a passion of mine.

My main thing is swing dancing, which I do at least once a week at the local ballroom.

I think maybe my most odd hobby is mermaiding (though, maybe it isn't odd for a furry) I have a mermaid tail that I go swimming with. :B

Brace
10-16-2012, 09:02 PM
http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab262/KilroyZTC/JessicaEvansCCWedited.jpg

This will make getting to and from the range more convenient.

Ryunohito
10-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Well gee, lets see. Drawing, though that's something I wishfully would like to do as a career. But aside from that, I also do tabletop stuff, used to play in a Pathfinder campaign, also played in a Dark Heresy campaign, I LOVE painting miniatures and would love to be able to model them as well. As far as what table top games I play, I started with Warhammer 40k, played a mixed tactic Space Marine army. Sadly I rarely won a game... Eventually I turned and played Warmachine, I started a Menoth army and eventually bought a Khador army, I also bought a box of the Warmachine board game Grind (ended up with a second copy because the first one was slightly damaged). Warmachine seemed a better game for me, I won more games playing that than when I played 40K. After a while of that I tried Infinity, which was pretty fun, bought myself a starter box for that, but that was about the time my job started and I lost my gaming day. Oh, and Malifaux, that was a very unique and fun tabletop game, used a deck of playing cards instead of dice.

Aside from my tabletop hobby I, like just about everyone else, plays video games, though I do have a love for older stuff, SNES era mostly, I also try to collect those gems when I can. I also collect gundam figures and models, my next target being the 1/144 scale RX-78 Dendrobium (not sure how many of you know your gundam, but google shall enlighten X3)
Had I the money and the space for it, Legos and Slot cars are a couple more hobbies I have/would love to invest time into.

I think that's about all that I can think of right now, though I'm sure there's more XD

Skoll
10-25-2012, 11:51 PM
I do math all day long.

Sneak
10-27-2012, 12:28 PM
I collect and show model horses and rake in considerable cash for doing so.
I also ride and train real horses. I don't compete with them anymore... far too expensive, risky, and opinionated.

Those are the two big ones. I also write and draw :D

Remis
10-27-2012, 04:09 PM
I have so many! I guess it all can be summarised into "learning," because that's what I mostly do, really. History, economy, finance, (quantum) physics, chemistry, cryptography, philosophy, anthropology, linguistics, formal logic... I love learning about all of them! I'm doing maths on this one website, and it's pretty awesome, though I mostly do it to make learning programming easier for me. Which is another hobby and my current favourite! I'm taking a free online course called CS50x, which teaches basic computer science and is generally pretty great! I'm also trying to learn Python (I agree with Syfaro; this is favourite programming language so far, hahah), JavaScript/jQuery, HTML and CSS. Then there's learning languages, which has become quite the obsession, really. It started with me wanting to learn Italian and fiddle around a bit with Arabic (such an awesome language, oh man), and currently it's Japanese and Old Norse.
And then there's drawing, of course, which has stuck with me for five years or so; all my other hobbies are relatively recent in comparison.
So yeah!

Frank LeRenard
10-27-2012, 10:23 PM
(quantum) physics
This is amusing to me, having taken QM classes and being in a particle physics class right now. I always found it to be the most interesting part of the physics curriculum, if only because you can draw a lot of strange conclusions from the mathematics if you want to, but it's more or less impossible to know what's actually going on at that level.

Hm... hobbies. Well, writing, drawing, a little bit of archery (that's a recent discovery), reading, video games (NES and SNES, mainly... I'm a child of the 80's and 90's), learning languages, cooking (a very practical hobby, if I do say so myself), and maybe some other things. I used to play the bassoon, contrabassoon, and trombone, but I haven't had much opportunity to do any of that lately, which makes me sad. Some day I want to blow a bunch of money on a crumhorn and learn to play that.

Nitro
11-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Most of my hobbies tend to be creative in nature! Writing, drawing, making digital art, some simple game mods. Rhythm gaming is also pretty high on the list.

I also get a pretty huge kick out of philosophy and science in general! It has only fueled my undying love for science fiction.

Taaragh
11-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Drawing is my biggest hobby. Musicianship in general is another for me. Then games. Fewer than when I was growing up, but still games. Been playing Stepmania the most as of late, which filled in the gap of Mungyodance because it offers new music. c:

RandyDarkshade
11-19-2012, 01:35 PM
-I build and repair desktop PC's and laptops.
-I build, repair and ride Bicycles.
-I collect Lego (primarily Lego City, but pretty much anything)
-I collect old bicycle lamps.
-I collect diecast model vehicles of emergency vehicles.

Xam
11-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Like a lot of you I'm into the Visual and Musical arts. I like to:

Draw.
Sculpt with super sculpy.
Digital drawing and textures.
Have been teaching myself the electric violin (Used to play cello)
Bone, wood, and stone carving.
Recently copper etching and anything to do with fun chemistry.
Programming and 3D modeling. teaching myself electronics hardware.
I somehow end up doing a lot of math.. So I guess that can go here.

Apart from all that I just like to hang out and ride my bike everywhere if I can.

IntricateVision
11-26-2012, 04:29 AM
I draw. :P But it's also a career... it doesn't cooount!

table top RPGs are something I am getting into recently.
post 2 post RPGs
And recently my bf and I have decided to get back into horseback riding. I do just trail riding he does jumping and dressage. I'd like to get into western pleasure. Just to solidify we are polar opposites as riders XD
We specifically go out and feed and draw ducks and geese XD It's sort of a hobby.
I love fish keeping but I just don't have time anymore. I don't see coral in my future.
Love hiking. Fishing. reading.

What a mix on here. So many interesting hobbies people have :D

JustinMoore
01-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Beyond writing and music, I maintain a broadcasting hobby through my weekly podcast Dragon Tongue and a minor interest in cars. I'd like to get back into weight lifting once I'm finally on my own. I did it a lot in high school and, though I'm pretty slim by any measure, I really enjoyed the pure physical struggle of it and I hope to get back into it. Also have a mild temptation to pick up dancing, which could only help me as a musician and future performer.

^.=.^

Tigercougar
01-06-2013, 02:15 AM
Art, primarily. I like taking road trips when I can, too.

spinout87
11-16-2013, 03:11 AM
My main hobbies are rc cars and slot cars. Really anything automotive is my calling.

Xolani
12-14-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm a beekeeper with a General Husbandry Certificate and Intermediate Theory Certificate, with 1 module remaining to gain an Advanced Theory Certificate from the BBKA (British Beekeeper's Society). I currently have 6 colonies, but I'm hoping to expand to 10+ next year.

autogatos
12-15-2013, 02:40 AM
Drawing obviously. I also enjoy video games (I'm an avid WoW player) and cooking. I cook almost every meal from scratch (including making my own spreads, sauces, salad dressings, etc).
And I collect miniature teddy bears.

Levi
12-15-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm a stargazer, I love me some astronomy.

I'm going to try not to envy you. It's too bright here to see much of anything at night. Had ISON not disintegrated, I would have struggled to see it here anyway.

My primary hobbies are writing and podcasting. There's also reading, but I don't know that I'd call it a hobby. I'm also fond of researching theology, but I don't think that qualifies as a hobby either.

Fluffball
12-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Drawing has always been a hobby of mine. Aside from that, I like to read and play video games. Maybe catch a movie if anything good is playing/if there's anything particularly entertaining on the shelf.

JiJi
01-01-2014, 05:43 PM
I'm a musician, although quite lazy at times.
I usually just write half a song, record it, play with harmonies and other instruments and never finish them though :c

I'm learning drums and keys a bit better, but mainly sing and guitar. I also read a little, watch films/tv, play video games.
I play basketball but not in the winter :c
I am just resuming jogging and small exercise plans, oh and doodle little pixel things, which I wish I could do more to improve but I lose heart easily.

Levi
01-01-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm a musician, although quite lazy at times.
I usually just write half a song, record it, play with harmonies and other instruments and never finish them though :c

I'm learning drums and keys a bit better, but mainly sing and guitar. I also read a little, watch films/tv, play video games.
I play basketball but not in the winter :c
I am just resuming jogging and small exercise plans, oh and doodle little pixel things, which I wish I could do more to improve but I lose heart easily.

Please excuse my intrusion, but why don't you play basketball in winter?

What do you read, as well?

Hardrockangel
01-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Drawing is a given, since I post stuff on the main-site.
I also started learning how to play the acoustic guitar last year, though I'm still quite rubbish at it.

I also enjoy needlepoint, mostly cross-stitching.
Other than that: reading! c:

Sonata
01-04-2014, 01:28 AM
well drawing is one thing.

I love to sing and I record my singing on occasion but never actually post it heh. I used to be a bookworm but I have lost my touch for reading and I need it back.

I like to design clothing and make cosplays.

On occasion I write poems.

I am just artistic to the core.

pińardilla
01-04-2014, 03:53 AM
Reading, reading, reading. I keep up on politics a lot, and also history as it pertains to that (American labor history is really interesting and it bugs the hell out of me that so much of it has been whitewashed in public education).

Lately I've also taken a keener interest in personal finance, as I'm a bit of a numbers freak, and finance largely is a big optimization problem, which I take some perverse nerdy joy in solving. I read finance-oriented discussions a lot, and absorb and share advice there. This finance thread project thing I'm working on is largely an attempt to bring here what I already do elsewhere.

Aside from that, I still play games when I find time. I love the shit out of The Binding of Isaac, since I can always finish a game within an hour or two and the roguelike factors make it stupidly replayable.

MEEHOO
01-04-2014, 09:41 AM
I like all the standard stuff like movies,music and drawing
I also dabble in writing but I dont like showing it to people its mainly for fun

But I really like outdoor activities rock climbing and such
But usually I just wander into the forest and explore
Which is pretty fun

Although I don't get to do it much

Carnau
01-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Drawing and knitting mostly, crochet stuff and lots of education. I get depressed when I'm not learning anything for a long while.

Socks the Fox
01-11-2014, 05:38 PM
My biggest hobby is programming, by far. The main languages I use depending on what I'm doing are C++, PHP, and JavaScript. You can do a bunch of really funky stuff in JavaScript, and I love learning that kind of stuff even if I'll never actually use any of it.

A hobby I'd like to get in to is electronics. Alas, that one requires money, which I don't exactly have a bunch of at the moment.

dirtypaws
01-13-2014, 02:26 AM
doodling, writing and reading, mostly. i also like hand-sewing things when i have the time.

BlissfulOblivion
01-13-2014, 02:32 AM
Liek, everything :u
Not really. I dabble in quite a few things though. I do a little programming, general computer stuff, video games, violin, piano, art, writing, gymnastics, watching movies/tv/anime, and a few other things. <: it's all quite fun~

JackalTeeth
01-13-2014, 02:53 AM
I collect bottlecaps, Gremlins merch and animal bones. I play games, do photography and sculpt as hobbies as well!
Drawing is a hobby as well as a job for me at this point in time, so it's flopping back and forth between something that's fun and something that just needs to be done!

BlissfulOblivion
01-13-2014, 02:54 AM
Oooh! And I pointlessly and endlessly obsess over the Legend of Zelda series! My friends said they'd get me a Link hat for Christmas but they never did >:C

Blue Valour
01-14-2014, 09:48 AM
I like collecting buttons that I find just throughout my day. Most buttons I find are black. I also like getting dice and reading fantasy books.

Batty Krueger
01-14-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm in the radio controlled world. Not toy stuff, hobby grade hundreds to thousands of dollars kinda stuff.

I also collect knives an various bladed weapons.

Rico
01-15-2014, 11:14 PM
Taxidermy, planning out future breeding plans for my reptiles, and most recently I've started crafting tails.

Onnes
01-16-2014, 12:32 AM
Lately I've been toying around with the idea of putting up a new personal web site. It's been roughly a decade since I last messed with anything related to web development so this has been rather slow going, especially considering how complicated everything has become.

FishNChips
01-17-2014, 03:12 PM
planning out future breeding plans for my reptiles

I've always wanted to try out eugenics! :V

Rico
01-17-2014, 04:32 PM
I've always wanted to try out eugenics! :V
I'm not gonna cull em >:c

but yeah it is basically mini eugenics based on pairings for optimal more expensive animals

IlexysCrowe
01-18-2014, 02:36 AM
ART. Sketching, painting, doodling...I love it!

But I also write, RP, gaming (PC), knit, practice witchcraft...I know a few people who would say I have too many hobbies. ^^;

Llama
01-18-2014, 02:55 AM
Besides furry things and just general internetting, my main hobbies are disc golf and billiards. I don't know what it is about them, but I always have fun no matter how good or bad I'm doing. Not really being competitive probably helps. But seriously, any day I'm at a disc golf course or billiard table is a good day!

There is one that I had years ago that I stopped doing, though. I was a pretty hardcore band geek in my high school days and kept playing my french horn through my first couple years in college. But I found that as I started doing more engineering stuff in college I had less time to dedicate to playing, and it became less enjoyable. But I still have my horn, and I might start playing again whenever I'm in the mood.

Antronach
01-18-2014, 05:15 AM
Most of my hobbies consist of video game in some form or another; speedrunning, mods, self-imposed challenges, heck most of my excersize consists of ddr. Outside of that, going for walks, cleaning, writing and fiddling around in photoshop.

Infestissumam
01-18-2014, 11:06 AM
My hobbies are mostly just gaming and drawing, though I do a variety of other things that I deem fun. Like running around in the streets. That's always a blast.

TheLexicon
01-22-2014, 01:47 AM
I write. Short stories. Nobody likes them, though.

I draw crappy cartoons. I don't think I'll ever improve no matter how much I draw or how much I need to.

I play piano. Like none other. In that I still suck, because of too small, too slow hands.

I also game, read, watch TV, and waste my life on the Internet.

Not a DJ
01-23-2014, 07:17 PM
I collect older LEGO stuff, mostly minifigures from the 80s and 90s. They've just got a cute little style to them I love. I also love to tinker around in various game engines, haven't made any complete games or anything but I've learned a lot about how they work from a technical standpoint. Really fascinating. I also may or may not be addicted to Gmod/SFM videos and Monty Python. :3

Rukh Whitefang
01-23-2014, 07:25 PM
I am a gearhead, car enthusiast, and fabricator. Currently I am building my car in my garage. Car shows and local weekend cruise in spots take up most of my time during the spring, summer and part of fall.

Tiido
01-24-2014, 07:02 PM
This image pretty much sums it up :
http://www.tmeeco.eu/solderguy.png

I have no clue if the phone number exists or not. Try to say it real fast LOL

tachi
01-25-2014, 05:00 PM
This image pretty much sums it up :
http://www.tmeeco.eu/solderguy.png

I have no clue if the phone number exists or not. Try to say it real fast LOL

Heh, I have a soldering iron right next to my monitor on the desk here. Don't really fix stuff with it, just use it modifying flashlights. :D And that number would have to be EAC-HHIT to be correct. ;)

Kainsword17
01-26-2014, 09:50 AM
I like watching Japanese Tokusatsu shows like the Super-Sentai series & the Kamen-Rider series, drawing and surfing the Internet basiclly.

Quinn_Silversmith
01-26-2014, 06:41 PM
I put my list of hobbies in my introduction, but a quick copy paste never hurt anyone >u<

My hobbies include writing poetry, pyromantia (fortune telling by means of fire), airsoft, paintball, climbing trees (Arborist style), Bushcraft, playing video games, writing stories, Bull-whip cracking, archery, welding, and sleeping vuv

Gamedog
01-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Trapping and taxidermy.

(I think art is a given)

blau
01-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Animal rights advocacy and generally anything involving helping/working with animals.

Ley
01-27-2014, 05:20 AM
I personally like to collect small versions of big things. :>

Gamedog
01-27-2014, 05:29 AM

This is quite interesting. What do you mean by this? Can you give examples?

Ley
01-27-2014, 05:36 AM
This is quite interesting. What do you mean by this? Can you give examples?

Hm. HM.. Like. Miniatures? Like this (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8c6Or_bS1rE/SGNHnq1b6gI/AAAAAAAAAzA/rSSnG-tfTuk/s400/tinytent.jpg) or like little versions of food in clay form (https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=9XP&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&biw=1425&bih=744&tbm=isch&q=dollhouse%20miniatures%20food&revid=1502852893&ei=AijmUqagKaiQyAHkpoCIAg&ved=0CCEQsyU) or like this (http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/tiny-pencil-14521903.jpg) or like even polly pocket stuff or barbie stuff.

I like small versions of big things. Like toy cars or little thumb protector things. Stuff like that. I like taking ars and crafs and making mini houses or boats out of corks tied together as if little people use them.

Gamedog
01-27-2014, 05:38 AM
Hm. HM.. Like. Miniatures? Like this (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8c6Or_bS1rE/SGNHnq1b6gI/AAAAAAAAAzA/rSSnG-tfTuk/s400/tinytent.jpg) or like little versions of food in clay form (https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=9XP&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&biw=1425&bih=744&tbm=isch&q=dollhouse%20miniatures%20food&revid=1502852893&ei=AijmUqagKaiQyAHkpoCIAg&ved=0CCEQsyU) or like this (http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/tiny-pencil-14521903.jpg) or like even polly pocket stuff or barbie stuff.

I like small versions of big things. Like toy cars or little thumb protector things. Stuff like that. I like taking ars and crafs and making mini houses or boats out of corks tied together as if little people use them.

Oooh yeah I know what you mean. I really like that mini tent lol

Socks the Fox
01-27-2014, 04:48 PM

Yo dawg, I heard you like minis... (http://www.coolminiornot.com/320827?browseid=8008496)

Now I need to find the pic of the space marine mini painting a space marine mini..

DivinePrince
02-02-2014, 04:35 AM
Fashion collector ( Lolita, gothic, cybergoth, pastel, neon, fancy, stockings, socks, leggings, anything I find pretty)

I want to collect pvc anime figures, if I ever get the money some day
books, art, music
watching anime and horror movies
I am an traditional/2D animated film collector with over 80 films in her collection.

Vae
02-02-2014, 05:12 AM

I fucking love miniatures. It's part of the reason I started working with sculpey, so I can make my own stuff.

OT: Drawing, writing, video games, photography.

Speaking of the above response, I got into sculpey late last year. I make white sculpts and paint them with acrylics, then seal them with gloss spray.
I have so far made: a little Metroid (http://vaelarsa.deviantart.com/art/Metroid-Pendant-417236701), Kooky (https://www.weasyl.com/submission/306354/kooky-statuette) from the Mario 3 cartoons, a larger Ludwig statue (https://www.weasyl.com/submission/306363/detailed-ludwig-statue), all of the koopalings' shells (https://www.weasyl.com/submission/306691/koopaling-shell-pendants) as a necklace, a parabeetle-spiny (http://31.media.tumblr.com/b552bb98b853ea33fdabb295db12a1a1/tumblr_mxpcevCa2x1qafrs1o1_400.png) crossbreed clip, and a sprite-looking Karkat (who you can see here (http://25.media.tumblr.com/9e69b4d92476912fb09251a0791a6080/tumblr_myiao0uSP71sonvd0o5_1280.png), but I haven't taken any proper pictures of yet).

I also have a ton of Sailor Moon shit, a decent-sized plushy collection (http://25.media.tumblr.com/5e5dd8427e61ec95b205fcb80a3ec771/tumblr_myias33xIG1sonvd0o2_500.png), various Halloween items, various things that say "West Virginia" on them, and a bunch of plastic figures from various games and stuff that I like.
I've also been building up a decent amount of koopalings stuff of late, particularly of Ludwig, because favrit.

Batty Krueger
02-02-2014, 06:10 AM
Collecting furry memorabilia

Red
02-02-2014, 06:18 AM
Following lots of people on Twitter and read every single tweet to pretend I'm Lord Varys from Game of Thrones ('xcept less eunuch). Information : I want all of it :D

Gamedog
02-02-2014, 06:38 AM
Watching all sorts of documentaries

Batty Krueger
02-02-2014, 06:49 AM
I used to collect sea glass. And recently started again with a friend to help him find good peices to make jewelry out off.

omegasama
02-02-2014, 10:55 AM
I collect books and comics and video-game consoles. Mainly I collect fantasy books (especially if they have LGBTQ characters) and art history, fashion history and books about weapons, armour and buildings from medieval and renaissance Europe, as well as Middle-Eastern and Aisan fashion and history books when I can get at them.

When it comes to comics I mainly collect comics with a fantastical theme or manga with the same criteria. I just happen to love things like Berserk where they mix fantastical elements with functioning armour and weapons (mostly lol).

With consoles and games, me and my husband-to-be have pooled our collected consoles and have since we got together bought several functioning old ones. We do it mostly because we've both been playing and collecting since we were young children.

I also draw comics and illustrations for a living. I have two webcomics running and a third on the way that will be a joint project with a friend of mine. I have published a few comics here in Sweden where I live.

I also love cooking. This is a passion I picked up because I am a very fuzzy eater and have issues with certain types of textures in food, to battle this I have grown very fond of cooking and experimenting with spices and ingredients to find what I can and cannot eat. It makes for a good time in the kitchen.

Anyway, tl:tr; I draw, cook, collect books and comics and game-consoles as hobbies.

Angellothefox
05-07-2014, 04:36 PM
(JOKE) have you found the mask at transforms you at night. You might not get that one if you have not seen the mask. SMOKING

- - - Updated - - -

Arr A Person from my own hart

- - - Updated - - -

I like drawing anthropomorphic animals in nappies or diapers. Mostly dragons in nappies
Please don't bully me for it:(
I also like drawing gory pictures like severed limbs at kind of cancels out the cute stuff too.
I also like making choose your own adventure stories. The dice choose your own adventure.
I love to go to Fools and Heros at is a live action role playing group.
I like RPG game especially watching spoofs of real people doing it.
To find this just type into YouTube Final Fantasy spoofs.

I like my dragons I love collecting them weather it be soft toys aka plushes or ornaments.
I like playing games and sometimes even going to scratch website and make my own. Just to play around.

Saga
05-07-2014, 07:17 PM
http://a.gifb.in/102009/1256120446_skateboard_fail_win.gif

TheMysteriousL
05-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Drawing, writing, and watching all sorts of movies, documentaries, and documentaries about movies.

sassySloth
07-27-2014, 11:19 AM
I love cycling around the city. Especially the early morning ride when it's nice and brisk.

Also enjoy cooking and making .gifs.

medacris
07-27-2014, 04:15 PM
* Drawing. Usually humans and non-anthro animals, but sometimes anthros and/or monsters/aliens. Every once in a blue moon, I'll draw NSFW, but that's almost entirely reserved for mostly-humanoid characters, and tends to be on the tamer side of NSFW.
* Watching TV/Movies. Anime, non-anime cartoons (American, sometimes from other countries like Canada or Russia, whatever I can get my hands on), live action (usually crime shows or sci-fi/horror). I like a lot of films, as well, usually in the aforementioned categories, as well as some of the more intelligent action and horror films. Some musicals, too.
* Reading. Comics, manga, sci-fi and fantasy novels. Sometimes biographies, very fond of many of the classics, as well.
* Playing Video Games. Platformers, JRPG's, indie games (roguelikes, survival), FPS'es that don't take themselves seriously, looking to try some Western RPG's (sadly, many are not available on Mac).
* Pathfinder. (A tabletop RPG, like D&D.)
* Learning about science and history.

Zero_Zeta
08-26-2015, 05:08 PM
I collect video games and strategy guides along with trading card games. I've always collected games from when I was little and have a passion for gaming. I collect trading cards because they look cool or I generally enjoy the game. I'm not a very interesting person but at least I do what I love.

Ghostcub
09-23-2015, 11:01 PM
Lately, I've been roleplaying a lot; I've got an account over @ tumblr and I play as Danny Phantom. c,:
I want to improve my art skills and very very recently I've been getting into anime. O_o Strange for me.
But I really love the art and appreciate the detail in it as well as the colors. (I'm a color freak pfft)

I draw animals and humans both (and a lot of Danny Phantom stuff). I have galleries almost everywhere and almost every main social media account except for twitter because.. well, it looks boring. :P

I don't understand why people like twitter anyway. It's like tumblr or facebook to me (but I love tumblr the best yes).

Anyone wanna share their art and get feedback? :D
Comment for comment! ♥

I know you're supposed to draw for fun and because you like it, but I've been really kinda heart-ache-y lately because all my stuff gets more faves than it does comments. It'd really REALLY make me happy. I'll always give feedback in return!

Moogle
09-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Just so you know, there's a hobbies thread (https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?355-Hobbies!) already if you wanted to post there (or maybe a mod could merge the two?). :)

Irreverent
09-24-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm a full bore rifle shooter and coach with the ORA. I paintball (mostly rec woods ball) and I fence. And I do a little cosplay on the side.

I used to fly and wrench on Jeep YJ's, but with a young family, there's no time for that anymore.

Tiger
09-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Merged!

Skylar_Husky
10-16-2015, 04:08 AM
Cool.
Hobbies:

* Numismatics (Coin and currency Collecting)
* Philately (Stamp collecting)
* Metal Smithing and Jewelry Making
* Machining and metalworking
* Metallurgy
* Precious metals metallurgy
* Hit and Miss Engines
* Steam Engines
* Live Model Engines
* R/C Monster Trucks (Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5 and modding the heck out of it.)
* Reading
* Writing
* Metrology (Study of measuring systems and how they came to be)
* Study of currency through Human history and how mass systems relate to it
* Calculations
* Video games, both old, and somewhat new, I enjoy World of Warcraft from time to time
* Horology (time keeping and clocks)
* Homebrewing (Beer, wine and Meade)
* Shooting, Pistols with target shooting, Shotguns with Target, skeet and trap shooting (skeet shooting is done by firing a shotgun at clay pigeons or discs flung far out in front of you, and trap shooting is clay pigeons flung sideways. These movements mimic the flights of wild game birds.) Rifle shooting at targets. I am not good enough for competition but I enjoy it as a hobby.
* Working out at the YMCA
* Volunteering with children's health and fitness events at the YMCA in my fursuits
* Renaissance Faires and Festivals
* Cosplaying as a Rogue or Pirate at Renaissance Faires and Festivals
* Cosplaying as a Viking warrior at such events
* Cosplaying in Viking garb or fursuits at my church's carnivals and festivals (I am colloqually known as "the Wolfman" or "the Viking" by most of the parish! LOL)

There are more, I am probably forgetting them ATM.

Torrijos_sama
11-11-2015, 06:51 PM
In terms of collections, I collect:
1. Coins and Currency (especially things that are out of circulation)
2. Books
3. Flags (national flags, state flags, political movements, banners, semaphore flags, etc)
4. Glassware (especially drinking glasses and uranium glass, which uses uranium as a glass colorant that makes it glow under UV light)
5. Cigar boxes
6. Smokeless tobacco containers (dip cans, snus canisters, snuff boxes/bottles, chew pouches)
7. VHS tapes
8. Cassettes

Reisfuchs
12-02-2015, 05:51 AM
My Number one Hobby is art of course :D Drawing all day, all night (I wish!) ^^ And I like Video games from time to time. Mostly RPGs and similar games.
Also, I love the internet. Browsing around, watching videos and stuff. Anything, really! But it keeps me from drawing and I regret that sometimes. I need to get better at that.

Ves
01-23-2016, 06:33 AM
Gotta say my passion is SLR cameras and film, but that can be broadened. Just something special about looking through a lens to me.

General hobbies are all over the place, lately I've been investing a lot of time into audio equipment, mostly in my car, but I had a headphone phase too. Audio shit in general is really interesting to me, kinda goes with the film thing I guess.

Also been building computers for 6 years, worked with aviation since I was a toddler, model/RC airplanes, used to airsoft and paintball, videogames bahblah

Mikari
05-14-2016, 04:28 PM
I like to draw, watch anime though I've been watching less lately, and play videogames, especially JRPGs. Right now I'm playing Tales of Symphonia on Steam and Yokai Watch on the New Nintendo 3DS. I also have a PS Vita, which is my favorite right now.

LadyKiriness
05-19-2016, 08:41 PM
Other than doing artwork, I LOVE to ride horses. I don't have one of my own, but hope to someday! I also enjoy reading, writing, and birdwatching. Recently, some friends coaxed me into watching anime, so I'm getting into some shows. :D

Dreamline
05-22-2016, 09:35 PM
Well...

I like to play video games. Usually RPGs/JRPGs, but I tend to go through most other genres too.

I listen to music non-stop all day! I actually kind of have a horde of songs on iTunes now: 1596 songs, and all but maybe ten have been bought by me or burned from my dad's CD collection. the genres are kind of anywhere; I don't mind the genre too much as long as i like the music and I feel comfortable letting others listen to it.

I've been going on walks now more than ever. Usually once a week, but I walk for at least two hours usually. Longer if I find something interesting to do like hike up a big hill or something.

I've been taking pictures more and more now. Usually on the aforemented walks or through my trips to visit my mom or dad, which are 3-4 hours away in different directions for them. I've been wanting to see more places though, so I might consider driving off on my own sometime.

Lagartija
05-25-2016, 11:41 AM
drawing, the gym and videogames, thats all hehe i'm kinda of boring i guess

ruishi
05-28-2016, 08:01 PM
I really love baking, when ever I get a bit stressed I go off to bake some treats! I also love to study marine biology too, I adore ocean life in particular.

Jim
06-06-2016, 03:34 AM
I suppose my biggest hobby is gaming. Now that I'm done with school and making a decent wage I'm putting together my next gaming computer and looking forward to getting back in the game(s)! O:

Of course there's also drawing.

I would call running a hobby, but it's a love/hate relationship.

Now that it's summer I'm getting back into bug collecting. Apparently it's a very common hobby in Japan, I've not met anyone where I live that does it that isn't a biologist though. My favorite arthropods by far are spiders. =w=

CoffinLapin
06-18-2016, 10:15 AM
working on ocs and conlanging. i also like to go exploring taking snapshots of old, beautiful, or abandoned things but i don't get to do it much often u_u

7imothyC
06-29-2016, 03:27 PM
Personally, i do not do much.
My life is pretty much indoors, limited to drawing and writing. Writing involving both comments, reviews, and my own projects.
There are also the occasional videos i watch.

Viola12
11-22-2016, 08:26 AM
I'm quite a creative person I guess, my main hobbies are writing, cooking, experimenting with different recipes and weird combinations! Photography, but am also quite sporty, I enjoy tennis and swimming but don't do it regularly

yukidogzombie
11-23-2016, 06:53 PM
drawing/painting
juggling
bakeing
watching streams on twitch
reading manga/comic books

SaulGoodman91
11-29-2016, 06:40 AM
Experimenting with new cooking projects. Learning history. Playing football.

Neandercat
11-30-2016, 02:17 PM
I like to collect physical copies of music (tapes, records, CDs) and dragon statues. I guess my main hobbies are gaming and playing guitar, I also really really enjoy listening to music. Climbing trees would be more of a hobby if there were even trees where I live, I love climbing trees. Being high up in general, really. I flew in the cockpit of a little plane once (even got to take control for a bit) and I really enjoyed that...
But mostly music, I guess. And Skyrim. :D

Chuck
08-13-2017, 06:58 PM
Besides drawing, I like to build model cars.

danna3
09-22-2017, 10:20 AM
dancing :)

colis20
01-15-2018, 09:56 PM
I enjoy cook all tipe of food, recently I cooked 2 vegetarian recipes that were delicious and we compared them to enjoy these rich flavors
https://veganrecipes.stream/

DivinePrince
02-20-2018, 06:04 PM
Most of my hobbies are pretty relatable, but there is one where I have a hard time trying to find people in real life to talk to about.

I brew tea.

Some of you might be thinking 'well that's a common hobby, you should have lots of people to talk to about it!'

The problem is, most people who are 'into tea' are doing it because it's a new health fad/ hipster fad thing. I hear people talking about Steepster and DAVIDsTEA all the time and it honestly grinds my gears quite a bit.

I don't have anyone to talk to who doesn't do the whole 'flavoured tea' thing. I don't want to talk about 'cupcake' flavoured tea. I want to talk about high mountain oolongs, antlers and tie guan yin. :|