PDA

View Full Version : [FORUM] Help needed with attachments

catwithpen
08-04-2012, 01:39 PM
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'.

Okay...I don't see a "Post reply" anywhere in the thread, so I tried "Reply to thread" but there's no "Manage attachments" button at the bottom. I tried going back to the parent forum and clicking on "New Post," but that doesn't give me an option to post a reply to a specific thread. I don't understand what I'm supposed to do to attach an image.

Fiz
08-04-2012, 02:20 PM
As of now, only staff can use the manage attachments option.

As an alternative, you can use a site like imgur to host your images so you can post them here.

Taw
08-04-2012, 02:22 PM
We have it so only Administrators and Moderators can attach images, since it saves us space and the majority of things people would attach they can upload to the mainsite once it's available to the public.

If you upload an image to a free image hosting site such as imageshack (www.imageshack.us) or imgur (www.imgur.com) you can copy the direct link to the image and then use tags to link it onto the forums.

catwithpen
08-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks!