PDA

View Full Version : Sketchbook des Willys

Willow
01-09-2014, 01:14 AM
I guess I'll go ahead and make one here too because they're apparently all the rage these days. This will mainly be for WIPs and maybe doodles or sketches and some other stuff I happen to draw. I'll probably be experimenting with style a lot too.

I may also use this to ask kind of general things so I'm not mucking up the rest of the forums with small potatoes (??)

Also as a word of warning, there may be peens and a few boobies in this threI dunno. But any NSFW stuff will be linked or maybe put under spoiler tags if this forum has them to protect the innocent

Currently, however, I do not have anything I'm actually working on. Soo here's the last thing I drew to give you kind of an idea of where I'm at

https://www.weasyl.com/static/submission/47/ef/5c/52/9a/ab/willy-315536.cover.png

Critiques, redlines, and suggestions are always welcome unless I say otherwise

BlissfulOblivion
01-09-2014, 01:29 AM
omg congrats ur a kool kid nao :V

Wow! I like your art <: It's definitely an interesting style, too.

Willow
01-09-2014, 01:38 AM
omg congrats ur a kool kid nao :V

Wow! I like your art <: It's definitely an interesting style, too.
Aww man you think so? o:

I always thought it was kind of bland to be perfectly honest but I'm glad you like

BlissfulOblivion
01-09-2014, 01:45 AM
Aww man you think so? o:

I always thought it was kind of bland to be perfectly honest but I'm glad you like

Mmhmm <: It's good.

Willow
01-12-2014, 02:57 AM
I would have drawn a little more but I'm kind of tired right now. But hey look, people.

http://i.imgur.com/j3Wlnuj.png

I've been playing more Animal Crossing lately and decided to draw a human version of Dr.Shrunk. With a poorly drawn Shrunk head off to the side for clarity :B

May do K.K. and a few others later tho

TealMoon
01-12-2014, 03:04 AM
That is terrifying.

Willow
01-14-2014, 12:31 AM
Okaay, now to actually put something serious. This is currently what I'm working on.

https://24.media.tumblr.com/7e6fd13041e989db6b8dfdb1be79e11b/tumblr_mzdih3pT1I1qlao24o1_r1_1280.png

I actually tried to do a bit of foreshortening on the right (or is it left?) arm to make it fit on the couch a little better. It looked super flat and boring just letting the whole forearm hang down so yeh. But the legs..they're still kind of iffy.

As a side note, he's going to be wearing pants in the final picture. And his right eye is supposed to be an eye patch. Not because I didn't want to draw the other eye but because I wanted to make him look cooler and possibly more intimidating.

Some critiques or pointers would be nice

QT Melon
01-14-2014, 12:40 AM
I kinda imagined Shrunk to have more wild hair like Carrot Top or Christopher Llyod from back to the future.

There is some awkwardness in the arms that you're working on. Not sure what you want him to do?

BlissfulOblivion
01-14-2014, 12:49 AM
What QT said about the arms. The one on the right seems like a really awkward angle. Also, it seems (to me) like it's a little disproportionately small/skinny compared to the rest of his arms? Not sure on that one, though. And I'm not sure how you're trying to do below the torso, but it's not... physically... working? Not yet, anyway. Aside from those two, it looks good <: Je l'aime.

Willow
01-14-2014, 12:52 AM
I kinda imagined Shrunk to have more wild hair like Carrot Top or Christopher Llyod from back to the future.
I was originally going to go for that but for whatever reason, the curly hair is what came out.

There is some awkwardness in the arms that you're working on. Not sure what you want him to do?
Originally the one on the armrest was facing the other way but I moved it. I guess it's a little harder to tell since there's no hands but, one's going to be holding something while the other sort of lays there.

It'll make a little more sense when I add in detail.

What QT said about the arms. The one on the right seems like a really awkward angle. Also, it seems (to me) like it's a little disproportionately small/skinny compared to the rest of his arms? Not sure on that one, though. And I'm not sure how you're trying to do below the torso, but it's not... physically... working? Not yet, anyway. Aside from those two, it looks good <: Je l'aime.
Danke c:

Appendages seem to give me the most trouble. Either they seem too long or too short or they looked dislocated. I guess when you say right you're referring to the one on the armrest though? In which case, it is and I plan on beefing it up a little tomorrow.

Heck, I may just scoot him over a little so his legs don't look as awkward.

Edit: On an unrelated note, tomorrow's my first formal art class since middle school.

QT Melon
01-14-2014, 01:23 AM
What kind of scene are you going for and what is the story behind it?

BlissfulOblivion
01-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Originally the one on the armrest was facing the other way but I moved it. I guess it's a little harder to tell since there's no hands but, one's going to be holding something while the other sort of lays there.

Yeah, adding hands will probably help. Or at least make any problem more evident, if one exists.

Danke c:

Appendages seem to give me the most trouble. Either they seem too long or too short or they looked dislocated. I guess when you say right you're referring to the one on the armrest though? In which case, it is and I plan on beefing it up a little tomorrow.

De nada <:

Hmm. Yes, the one on the armrest is what I was talking about. It just looks so skinny compared to the rest of him! But yeah. :I
The connections look fine. They look fairly good in length, the only problem is that the forearm looks like he's trying to twist his arm beyond 180 degrees. Like, put your arm out like his and try to make your forearm parallel to your body. That's what it looks like.

Heck, I may just scoot him over a little so his legs don't look as awkward.

Edit: On an unrelated note, tomorrow's my first formal art class since middle school.

Right now it looks like he's scooted further forward than the seat part of the couch, so he's kind of squatting on the edge, while his back is supposed to be near the back or on the back since his arm is leaning up on the back. From this angle, I think the thighs shouldn't be pointing quite so extremely down. Also, on the right, his leg goes beyond the arm of the couch, but from this angle that's not physically possible unless he's sitting so close to the edge of his seat, which, as previously explained, doesn't function with the rest of the body position. From this angle, if you want him that close to the arm, his leg is gonna be pointing a little further towards the viewpoint.
I think. I'm not an expert with this. These are just my observations. But I think this is right. :s Sorry if it's not. Do check with others on these ideas!

Woo! Art classes are cool! I admittedly have never taken one but I kind of want to! <: All I know is that the art classes at my school are notorious for being bullshit >:C which is why college plz

Willow
01-18-2014, 04:07 PM
So I haven't really gotten a chance to really work on that drawing but I thought I'd post up the two sketches I did for my drawing class assignments.

https://24.media.tumblr.com/2521f2298b56b3a0debd2a86dd23eb62/tumblr_mzm35i7nLG1qlao24o1_1280.jpg

https://31.media.tumblr.com/7661054e2b7a7bb3103e9fec5d5139b5/tumblr_mzm35i7nLG1qlao24o2_1280.jpg

They're not supposed to be super fancy or anything. Just some really basic gesture drawings to get us used to doing gesture drawings and drawing shapes.

What kind of scene are you going for and what is the story behind it?
I guess you could say it's supposed to be sexy. As for story, I'm not sure.

Nattles
02-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Ah I like what I see here! Keep up the good work!

insanejoker
02-21-2014, 02:41 PM
For the boxes and cylinders you're drawing, try to keep the lines 'straight'. Use your whole arm to draw, not just your wrist. That will help :) and don't be afraid to draw through the box (like a continuous long line) to help with perspective. The second image the top of the box seems to be getting wider as it's farther from the viewer. Don't worry too much about making nice dark lines for these types of sketches until you've got the overall perspective and shape down first.