PDA

View Full Version : Body Piercings and Body Art!

Rilvor
01-05-2014, 05:37 AM
I am more than certain that there are at least a few of us here with body piercings, from the humble lobe to some of the more dramatic or exotic options there are.

Talk about them here! What piercings you have, what ones you'd like to get, so on and so forth. Please be mature about it, talk like you are in polite company and do not make others uncomfortable. I know some folks are a little over-enthusiastic about the details, and I also know some folks are quick to express their opinions of dislike.

I work in the industry for the time being, and while I am not a piercer nor am I a professional by any means I can say I know quite a bit more than the average joe does. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them or offer advice, but please bear in mind they are not to be taken as reliable or over the word of a professional.

If you'd like to learn more about piercings on your own, or just have a handy reference guide for all things about the subject, this book by Elayne Angel is quite possibly the most comprehensive and legitimate one around: http://www.piercingbible.com/

Hewge
01-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Why not have this thread about body art in general, instead of just piercings?

Tiamat
01-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Yeah, I've only got earrings in both my ears, but I've got a fair amount of ink as does the wife.

Rilvor
01-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Sure, why not. If one of the staff around here would be so kind as to add to the title. I specifically mentioned piercings because it's what I have knowledge on and therefore is at the forefront of my mind at 2am.

Lucy Bones
01-05-2014, 02:47 PM
I have a little golden ring in my right ear (I could only afford one piercing at the time lol) and I have a black metal stud in my belly button with light blue rhinestones in it. I love body art. |3

Derin Darkpaw
01-05-2014, 02:51 PM
I have spent the majority of my life so far avoiding have metal objects pushed into my body and I plan on continuing that practice for the foreseeable future. However to all of those that choose to get piercings or other body art more power to you. Just please do so in a safe and responsible manner.

Lucy Bones
01-05-2014, 02:53 PM
I also have a tattoo on my right breast of the name of one of my friends who committed suicide a couple years back.

Fay V
01-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Sure, why not. If one of the staff around here would be so kind as to add to the title. I specifically mentioned piercings because it's what I have knowledge on and therefore is at the forefront of my mind at 2am.

Fixed

as for piercings. I have my lobes from when I was much much younger, but I hate wearing earrings in my lobes so it's probably long since closed.
I also have the cartilage in my right ear done. I like it cause I can tub on it without worrying about it tearing (my greatest fear with lobe earrings) the only issue I had was it took for-fucking-ever to heal. It always wanted to be inflamed or infected. I like it, i'd do it again, but damn. So glad i knew not to get a gun one for that.
I've considered getting another one close to the first, but I dunno.

Also I learned cold climate+metal in ear= oh fuck dammit, when I go outside.

Lucy Bones
01-05-2014, 05:19 PM
I really ought to get my other ear pierced.

FishNChips
01-05-2014, 05:25 PM
I've rolled around the idea of dabbling in this sort of thing, but I really can't think of what I'd like to have stuck on me permanently/semi-permanently.

I don't think piercings would suit me at all, and I can't think of something that's important enough to me to have displayed on my skin. For example, things I'm really interested in or passionate about are subject to change in ways. And I can't think of any symbols out there that I'd identify as "me".

Lucy Bones
01-05-2014, 05:28 PM
I also need to figure out what would look nice as a tramp-stamp. Because fuck yes right above my asscrack is the PERFECT place for a tattoo.

JiJi
01-05-2014, 07:02 PM
I have both ears stretched to 14mm, scaffold bar in my left ear and a nose ring in my left nostril.
I had a lip ring for a few years but took it out in the summer, miss it a little.

I have a tattoo on my left upper arm of Bastet, and my dads name in arabic font on my back. I want/need more tattoos.

Lucy Bones
01-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Gauges are really the only time where I look at an earring and go "Ew..."

Fawna
01-05-2014, 08:38 PM
I have my nose pierced on the left side and my upper lip pierced on the right side. I also have my ears pierced.

I have a small tattoo on my ankle, but I don't like it and I don't think I'd get any more.

Sonata
01-05-2014, 09:34 PM
I only have my ears pierced with two holes each.
I want to get cartilage piercings higher up my ears, a labret on the left side of my lip, and maybe a bellybutton piercing.
As much as I'd want tattoos I dunno what I would choose to display.

piņardilla
01-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Completely clean so far. No ink, no piercings.

Not that I'm opposed to the idea, but I've yet to find anything compelling enough to put on my body like that.

Tiamat
01-06-2014, 12:59 AM
Deciding what you want is often the hardest. Its all very personal, some people are as casual about it as getting ink because its the holidays, others feel they need some kind of personal event or tragedy in their life to wear it. Thats fine, mine are a reflection of my interests and one or two act as markers.

Most painful piece was the large one on my back. Least painful was the writing across my chest, I actually fell asleep while ir was being done.

dirtypaws
01-06-2014, 03:59 AM
fourteen tattoos (three on my hands, seven on my arms, one on my back, one on my face, two on my legs)
seven piercings (1 1/8" earlobes, labret, 7/16" septum, bridge, monroe, tongue, PA)

and planning to get many more!

Rilvor
01-06-2014, 04:43 AM
Fixed

as for piercings. I have my lobes from when I was much much younger, but I hate wearing earrings in my lobes so it's probably long since closed.
I also have the cartilage in my right ear done. I like it cause I can tub on it without worrying about it tearing (my greatest fear with lobe earrings) the only issue I had was it took for-fucking-ever to heal. It always wanted to be inflamed or infected. I like it, i'd do it again, but damn. So glad i knew not to get a gun one for that.
I've considered getting another one close to the first, but I dunno.

Also I learned cold climate+metal in ear= oh fuck dammit, when I go outside.
I'd like to take this moment to make a public service announcement of a sorts regarding gun piercings, actually.

Listen folks, gun piercings are not okay. They're a lot rougher on your body, the hole will never heal as well as a needle piercing. There is a chance it can diminish your ability to stretch your earlobes. But most alarmingly, despite that the needle part of a piercing gun can be changed out other parts of the plastic cannot and can indeed be subjected to very small amounts of blood spray; What this means is that it is very much possible, however slim, to catch bloodborne diseases from them.

Please, do not go this way. The bitterness of quality long outlasts the sweetness of price. Dissuade others from doing this, inform them of the risk they are taking for a pittance of what has no true value.

Also yes, some piercing materials (notably Steel) become very cold during the winter months. Try switching over to Wood, you might find it not only stings less but is also better smelling and helps keep bacteria out.

I've rolled around the idea of dabbling in this sort of thing, but I really can't think of what I'd like to have stuck on me permanently/semi-permanently.

I don't think piercings would suit me at all, and I can't think of something that's important enough to me to have displayed on my skin. For example, things I'm really interested in or passionate about are subject to change in ways. And I can't think of any symbols out there that I'd identify as "me".
Any good, trusthworthy professional in the industry should be able to look you over and tell you what might look good with your anatomy. The first step is having the nerve to go in and ask.

Gauges are really the only time where I look at an earring and go "Ew..."
I feel I should inform you that "gauges" is a misuse of the term, just in case you did not happen to know better. I know people commonly use it to refer to Plugs and Tunnels (Just as people will refer to Labrets in general as "monroes" or "snakebites") but "gauges" references the various thicknesses of the jewelry; Hence the "Gauge" of the jewelry. Chances are you knew this already, but I hear this just about every day at work by folks that don't and expect me to immediately know which they are talking about.

Ratte
01-07-2014, 12:11 PM
6ga septum
4ga in each earlobe with two 14ga in each earlobe right behind it
16ga snakebites

I at one point had a double-eyebrow (16ga) in my left but they got infected so I retired them.

I don't know if I'll get more piercings, but I know I would like at least one tattoo in the future. Always loved them, but can't afford getting one yet and I would need a lot of time to know what I want.

Ruggy
01-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Right now, I just have my lobes pierced twice, because I'm lame. I'd love to get my upper ear cartilage pierced, or maybe an eyebrow, but I'm still thinkin' on that one.

No ink yet either, because it's friggin' expensive, but there are two things I know I want to get:

- The family crest of my mother's family, with the species of bird that my father's surname comes from (a kind of yellowhammer) perched on top of it. Both the crest and the bird are black and yellow, which is just too perfect, imo. Considering also getting "fortis in arduis" underneath, which is my mother's family motto. I figure somewhere on my upper back for that one.

- Death from Sandman, along with the quote, "You get what anybody gets -- you get a lifetime." Carpe diem, but nerdier, I guess. I love Sandman and Neil Gaiman. <3 And I figure it's hard to go wrong getting a tattoo of a perky goth girl. I'm feelin' that one as a bicep tattoo.

Willow
01-07-2014, 01:08 PM
I used to havemy ears pierced but I didn't really like it all that much. And for awhile I wanted lip piercings but I'm kind of over that.

I wouldn't mind getting a few tattoos though when I have the money. Which is weird because I absolutely hate needles.

JiJi
01-07-2014, 01:12 PM
I used to havemy ears pierced but I didn't really like it all that much. And for awhile I wanted lip piercings but I'm kind of over that.

I wouldn't mind getting a few tattoos though when I have the money. Which is weird because I absolutely hate needles.

I waited three years to see if I still wanted my lip and tattoo design and I did, but I gave up my lip as it didn't suit me anymore.
There's something about getting tattooed the idea of needles is offputting, but I actually enjoy it.

Willow
01-07-2014, 01:42 PM
I waited three years to see if I still wanted my lip and tattoo design and I did, but I gave up my lip as it didn't suit me anymore.
There's something about getting tattooed the idea of needles is offputting, but I actually enjoy it.
I hear the needle isn't nearly as bad as it sounds and that it also depends on where you get it

But I guess it also depends on how well you tolerate pain.

JiJi
01-07-2014, 03:19 PM
I hear the needle isn't nearly as bad as it sounds and that it also depends on where you get it

But I guess it also depends on how well you tolerate pain.

You get numb to it.. until it touches your bone, you'll wake up.
My first tattoo I think I was hungover, I fell asleep until it touched my spine.

Sparkyopteryx
01-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Oh hey, not surprised that it happened to be you that created this thread...

Body modification has always been one of those fascinating subjects I love to research, especially delving into the history and ancient cultural aspects. As for me... currently have two sets of piercings; 14 gauge lobes and 16 gauge lower helixes, the latter of which I'm on the tail-end of healing since I got them back in June (they took forever); like what FayV said, ears can be an absolute bitch to heal, and these ones have been problem children from the start. Planning on gauging up my lobes gradually, since I got these lovely sets of 10g jewelry, one pair handmade coconut wood, the other pair blown glass. Can't wait to wear 'em. Probably going to go bigger eventually, but 10g is a nice size that I'll probably be content with for a long time.

Other piercings I'm definitely planning on getting in the future are another pair of helixes, a septum, a lower labret, and possibly eyebrows as well, if I don't mind periodically getting them re-done. I'm also considering another one, but that one is not for polite company to discuss.

Sadly not inked yet, mainly due to lack of funds and even moreso, indecision. I've been designing myself tattoos for years now and I couldn't settle on anything! Although that should change this year, since I've finally got the art all planned out, now I just need to research artists and studios (the area I live in is saturated with tattoo shops, most of them rather mediocre).

Death from Sandman, along with the quote, "You get what anybody gets -- you get a lifetime." Carpe diem, but nerdier, I guess. I love Sandman and Neil Gaiman. <3 And I figure it's hard to go wrong getting a tattoo of a perky goth girl. I'm feelin' that one as a bicep tattoo.

A woman after my own heart! I also was going to get my family's Scottish clan crest somewhere (most likely the forearm...), so I'm digging the idea of the heraldic crest that you're talking about.

Ruggy
01-07-2014, 05:38 PM
A woman after my own heart! I also was going to get my family's Scottish clan crest somewhere (most likely the forearm...), so I'm digging the idea of the heraldic crest that you're talking about.

Aha! My mom's family is also ancestrally Scottish. Y'know, way, way, way back when. They've all been in Texas long enough that it'd be silly to say that they are actually Scottish. >.> I think my dad's family has a crest too, but I prefer the eponymous bird our name came from.

I've actually found a couple of different versions of my mom's family crest (usually red/white/blue), but I much prefer the yellow and black/grey one I've found. Family crests, man. Boggling amount of variation usually, especially when you get into situations where a tiny clan was like 'hey, bigger clan, can we join your club please?'

I'm still not 100% on where I want to place the crest tattoo, since I also kind of like the idea of a huge back piece of some kind, buuut. I want to get the Sandman one first, and who knows when I'll even have the extra cash for that one. I got time to decide.

RainWizard
01-07-2014, 07:40 PM
I love the idea of getting a sleeve tattoo done on my right arm, but have no clue whether I'd actually go through with it. I considered getting flames done from the shoulder to the elbow, but figured it looked cooler as an idea than it would in practice.

I'd also like to get my lip pierced, but the other half put he foot down about that.

dirtypaws
01-08-2014, 03:47 AM

the tattoo needles are such a bizarre thing to explain...like, i know a good bit of people who are terrified of needles but love tattoos. i doesn't even feel like needles, if you ask me. it feels like getting scratched since they really don't go that deep.

Tiamat
01-08-2014, 06:22 AM
This.

the tattoo needles are such a bizarre thing to explain...like, i know a good bit of people who are terrified of needles but love tattoos. i doesn't even feel like needles, if you ask me. it feels like getting scratched since they really don't go that deep.

I cannot watch needles. I cannot look at syringes, injections, I cannot watch my own blood being drawn or I will pass out, same goes for seeing it on the TV. But yeah, like dirtypaws said, its scratching. Not injecting. So take it from a needlephobic with a lot of tats, its totally different.

Carnau
01-12-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm very happy with my tongue piercing but I may get my nose redone. Perhaps either a side-stud or septum will do.

Willow
01-12-2014, 06:18 PM

I cannot watch needles. I cannot look at syringes, injections, I cannot watch my own blood being drawn or I will pass out, same goes for seeing it on the TV. But yeah, like dirtypaws said, its scratching. Not injecting. So take it from a needlephobic with a lot of tats, its a totally different.
That makes sense. My dad's said the same thing that it's not like regular needles but that it would still obviously hurt.

I'm actually contemplating getting maybe one or two sometime this year if when I get the chance and the money. It'll be like a late, late 18th birthday present to myself

Tiamat
01-12-2014, 06:27 PM
That makes sense. My dad's said the same thing that it's not like regular needles but that it would still obviously hurt.

I'm actually contemplating getting maybe one or two sometime this year if when I get the chance and the money. It'll be like a late, late 18th birthday present to myself

Oh yeah, there's pain and blood. My back piece bled so much and I was in incredible pain. But its different for everyone. Some people handle it better than others, some people are more sensitive in parts of the anatomy than others. As mentioned earlier, when I was having writing done across my chest, I fell asleep. I'm actually one of the people who loves having tattoos, but does not always enjoy the process. The pain is part of it though. The way tats are done in movies and such are utter BS.

Don't let the pain prospect put you off though, its small potatoes in comparison to having something that will last forever. Its just the payoff thats all and you feel fantastic afterwards. The healing process has also become a lot quicker and easier these days, even compared to when I got my first.

Willow
01-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Oh yeah, there's pain and blood. My back piece bled so much and I was in incredible pain. But its different for everyone. Some people handle it better than others, some people are more sensitive in parts of the anatomy than others. As mentioned earlier, when I was having writing done across my chest, I fell asleep. I'm actually one of the people who loves having tattoos, but does not always enjoy the process. The pain is part of it though. The way tats are done in movies and such are utter BS.

Don't let the pain prospect put you off though, its small potatoes in comparison to having something that will last forever. Its just the payoff thats all and you feel fantastic afterwards. The healing process has also become a lot quicker and easier these days, even compared to when I got my first.
How long does it usually take to heal? Or would that depend on the kind of tattoo it is? (as in simpler works compared to a fully detailed and colored ones)

Tiamat
01-12-2014, 07:03 PM
How long does it usually take to heal? Or would that depend on the kind of tattoo it is? (as in simpler works compared to a fully detailed and colored ones)

A couple of weeks of TLC is normally enough, however even after that the area will be very sensitive and touch ups (if any are required) should be held off for about two months in my experience.
It used to be not too long ago that people would have to wear a terrible layer of clingwrap on their new ink. That's awful, it creates a burning itch that is worse than getting the tattoo...now many tattoo shops supply artist approved salves which take the place of the covers and are a joy to use. Hell, for our last couple of tats, my wife and I used non scented aqueous cream and the ink healed perfectly.

Healing time consists of the tat looking good and fresh, scabbing over wholly and letting the scab fall off by itself. Some may come off when applying the salve, but don't force it or pick at it. Also the area is kept out of as much water and sun exposure as possible.

All good shops will give a complete lecture on aftercare though. As far as difference healing time...none of my stuff is really small...I've found even with black and grey and color stuff the time is the same. Don't quote me on that though.

Willow
01-12-2014, 07:17 PM
A couple of weeks of TLC is normally enough, however even after that the area will be very sensitive and touch ups (if any are required) should be held off for about two months in my experience.
It used to be not too long ago that people would have to wear a terrible layer of clingwrap on their new ink. That's awful, it creates a burning itch that is worse than getting the tattoo...now many tattoo shops supply artist approved salves which take the place of the covers and are a joy to use. Hell, for our last couple of tats, my wife and I used non scented aqueous cream and the ink healed perfectly.

Healing time consists of the tat looking good and fresh, scabbing over wholly and letting the scab fall off by itself. Some may come off when applying the salve, but don't force it or pick at it. Also the area is kept out of as much water and sun exposure as possible.

All good shops will give a complete lecture on aftercare though. As far as difference healing time...none of my stuff is really small...I've found even with black and grey and color stuff the time is the same. Don't quote me on that though.
That's actually longer than I would have expected. And I guess if it takes around that amount of time then I may want to do it during break to avoid messing it up.

dirtypaws
01-12-2014, 10:30 PM

seconding Tiamat, it does take a few weeks. the first week is really the hardest one though. your first week will be tender and you've gotta keep it lubricated, but the second week kinda goes over into the after-scabbing and it's just dry and flaky. still gotta take care of it, but you don't have to worry AS MUCH. i just got a piece that takes up most of my forearm and i work in a factory, THAT was a chore to keep safe!

Tiamat
01-12-2014, 11:59 PM
seconding Tiamat, it does take a few weeks. the first week is really the hardest one though. your first week will be tender and you've gotta keep it lubricated, but the second week kinda goes over into the after-scabbing and it's just dry and flaky. still gotta take care of it, but you don't have to worry AS MUCH. i just got a piece that takes up most of my forearm and i work in a factory, THAT was a chore to keep safe!

Ah thanks, was worried my recollection might not have been as good as it should.

Rico
01-14-2014, 05:51 AM
Check out my BEAR CHEST.

http://i.imgur.com/D4ssvE3.jpg

Stupid puns aside I have that, a shitty upside down question mark, a rat tattoo I want covered because it looks like a bull terrier, and a hyena tattoo originally designed by Coffinberry (idk if they still go by that name, though). I can't even remember if I asked for permission to get that tattoo but they were cool with it so that's good.
Planning on getting a magpie on my back with a banner that says Be Ready & Be Brave. Mountain Goats reference.

Tapeworm
01-20-2014, 03:42 AM
So far, I have two holes in each ear and snakebites as far as piercings go. I keep thinking about getting my septum done too but I still haven't fully figured out if I want to or not. I also want to get either surface anchors or dermals to look like clavicle piercings and a piercing between my snakebites.
Tattoos, I have that hammer symbol from The Wall and some worms around it on my left wrist
I want to get stripes on my shoulders (similar to hese ones ( thttps://www.weasyl.com/character/2098/tapeworm)). That's all I've really figured out so far. I kinda want some scarification but I don't know what I would get for that

Zombi_Rat
01-20-2014, 07:03 AM
I currently only have 6 piercings :( I lost a tonne thanks to having to have an MRI and healing stupid fast. Hopefully I'll get some re-done when I don't need any more MRI's, I hate the feel of PTFE jewellery so I don't really want to jump in and get them re-done with plastics, fussy I know!

Right now I have: Two stretched lobes, 'snakebites' (two bottom lip if you want to use the proper term XD) a medusa, and a nipple.

I did have: both nostrils (one of them twice), an erl, my clavicles, my nape, a second set on my lobes, a labret (centre bottom lip), and my tongue. I miss them D:

I have a few tattoos as well, a triscellion on my wrist, a large Eckel piece on my right arm (a raven battling with a snake), A lucky rabbits foot, a fennec fox, a big cat skull breathing fire, a baroque mirror and a Rammstein R+ on my left arm; Another eckel piece on my stomach (a poison dart frog with bat wings); a voodoo doll on my left hip, a sugar skull and roses on my left thigh and a werewolf on my right calf :3

I've been contemplating ear pointing for a long time but I'm not sure that I'd heal well with it as I keloid so I keep putting myself off!

I also trained as a body piercer and worked in a studio for a while, I miss it but I don;t miss my old boss XD

Tica
01-20-2014, 09:26 AM
I have my lobes and right cartilage pierced on my ear... looking to put a gauge in the cartilage, actually. I used to have an eyebrow piercing, but the skin kept growing and literally pushing it out of my skin... and when I finally got it done right, the piercing fell out one night when I was asleep and the hole closed overnight. I'd gotten it pierced like three or four times so I just decided not to keep trying.

As for tattoos... I just have one, on my right bicep.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/290/b/9/my_tattoo__by_g_e_oriens-d5i3s84.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/290/6/5/rest_of_my_tattoo_by_g_e_oriens-d5i3sbs.jpg

It's a creature that a monk doodled into the Book of Kells. I got it after living in Ireland for a year. Before Ireland, I had meant to get one of those arm cuff wrap-around things but the tattoo artist actually talked me out of it (it's hard to make them symmetrical, they're cliche, etc) and I'm glad he did... as soon as I got back from Ireland I was 100% sure that I wanted this tattoo, and I don't regret it and I don't imagine I ever will.

RedSavage
01-20-2014, 01:31 PM
I should snap a pic of my tattoo when I get home.

As for the piercings--I recall that this forum doesn't allow for NSFW images, so you'll just have to use your imagination. 3 barbells in a jacob's ladder style.

Also thinking about getting a double tongue stud, since my tongue is freakishly long enough.

PapayaShark
01-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Only have my lobes pierced twice ;n; But I'm going to stretch the lower pair. And I'm getting my tongue pierced soon, and I'm thinking of maybe getting my septum, nasallang, philtrum and both of my traguses(tragi?) pierced.

Don't have any ink as I'm not old enough and I have no money for it, but I'm planning a couple of things.
An ant on my foot to represent my dad and my childhood(not as pathetic as it sounds, there is a back story).
My dads family crest.
And the ferret and rottweiler I had when I was a kid.

Antronach
01-20-2014, 07:15 PM
No piercings so far, since I just out of the military, but I do got them tats. :D Got a skull and crossbones on the right shoulder, a red dragon's head beneath that, a biomechanical skull on my right arm, another skull and crossbones on my left biceps, metal sonic [!] On my left shoulder and a cobra on the left leg. Last one hurt like a bitch. :X

Brace
01-21-2014, 01:45 PM
I only just recently got around to piercing my ears. I wear synthetic ruby studs and haven't really been interested in getting other earrings. I like these. I'd like to get some tattoos, but they're expensive, and I need to be careful about it. I don't want to add any black marks as far as employability goes. Also, I sort of feel that my body is garbage and getting tattoos is a bit like lipstick on a pig. Current locations I'm considering for a tattoo are back, small of back, and ankle.

Rory
01-21-2014, 03:57 PM
I've just got a dark titanium stud in my left ear, but I absolutely love it. I've been thinking of getting my other ear pierced, or just trying to get a hoop or some such in my current piercing. It's not much, but hey... s'not a contest, right? I think body modification is pretty awesome, but I'm too poor to get a tattoo right now.

autogatos
01-21-2014, 04:43 PM
I have one piercing in my right earlobe, and two in my left. Nothing fancy.

I also have a triskele tattoo on my right inner wrist, which I just got a few months ago.
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/chelseakennaart/Misc/e7e85772-a9f4-4cdb-a1a0-b3f3de250b80_zps3ebea79c.jpg

I loved how it looked fresh...it came out a little paler than I would've liked once it healed (I went with brown ink rather than black) so I'm probably going to get it touched up...maybe add a warmer brown over it to make it pop a bit more.

DinosaurDammit
01-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Mine- says raziel- my fursona has the same marking

http://i.imgur.com/LrJpsrC.jpg?1

Claribelle
01-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Oooh, lovely thread! Big fan of body mods, I currently have both my lobes stretched at 00g, on my right ear I also have three upper lobe piercings, and on my left I have three upper helix ones, I plan on maybe having an industrial done on my right ear c: And maybe spider bites eventually

I absolutely loooove tattoos as well! I really want an octopus on my arm/shoulder in the future
so basically yeah...I have a few projects

Carnau
01-21-2014, 07:50 PM
I gave myself 4 ear piercings
Paid for a tongue piercing

Future plans (still debating on whether to get the last one or not however..)

2nd tongue piercing
http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gallery/data/509/760DoubleTongue.jpg

Septum
http://tat2guru.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/septum_pincher1.jpg

Wrist surface
http://purebodyarts.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/piercing_wrists.jpg

Rilvor
01-21-2014, 10:35 PM
Self-inflicted piercings aaaaaaaaaaargh

I cringe every time someone proudly proclaims this to me at work. It really shows that it wasn't done professionally in my experience.

Carnau
01-22-2014, 07:11 PM

I cringe every time someone proudly proclaims this to me at work. It really shows that it wasn't done professionally in my experience.

Well you don't need to go to college to learn how to sterilize surgical steel and aim it in the correct anatomy. :U

dirtypaws
01-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Well you don't need to go to college to learn how to sterilize surgical steel and aim it in the correct anatomy. :U

yea, seconding. i did several of my old piercings after studying the placement and my piercer actually congratulated me on knowing what i was doing. i figure, wanting to do it for a living eventually, i've gotta start somewhere.

Carnau
01-22-2014, 10:05 PM
yea, seconding. i did several of my old piercings after studying the placement and my piercer actually congratulated me on knowing what i was doing. i figure, wanting to do it for a living eventually, i've gotta start somewhere.

Hey much luck. Really however, there are multiple ways to sterilize those needles and they're all very simple. But be smart about it. I paid a professional to pierce my tongue because I know that one slip up and I'm loosing my vision (tongue nerves are linked to the brain.)

zarya
01-22-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm considering getting a molecule of serotonin on my shoulder. But I fear needles, and I don't want to get something incredibly mainstream like that. (it doesnt seem like many people here are talking about tattoos). Someone once told me I'll "never be cool for trying that"

Rilvor
01-23-2014, 01:56 AM

Most piercers I have personally met apprenticed, but that is beside the point.

Autoclaves are not something most people have on hand, but it's the most trustworthy method. You should always, always get it done by someone that knows what they are doing in my opinion. But I really don't have the mind to argue about it. What makes me speak out is that I've seen a lot of badly done piercings people did on their own. I'm sure some folks are quite capable, but it does not change the general wisdom on the matter.

Of course, I also view it as supporting skilled artists too.

autogatos
01-23-2014, 03:10 AM
I'm considering getting a molecule of serotonin on my shoulder. But I fear needles, and I don't want to get something incredibly mainstream like that. (it doesnt seem like many people here are talking about tattoos). Someone once told me I'll "never be cool for trying that"

On the needle front, it's actually the least painful needle experience I have ever had (although I have heard different places may hurt more or less). You can't actually see any needles because of the way the tattoo gun is structured, and mine was definitely less painful than, say, getting blood drawn. I'd compare it to being scratched by a cat.

zarya
01-23-2014, 04:39 PM
On the needle front, it's actually the least painful needle experience I have ever had (although I have heard different places may hurt more or less). You can't actually see any needles because of the way the tattoo gun is structured, and mine was definitely less painful than, say, getting blood drawn. I'd compare it to being scratched by a cat.
Yeah, I'm sure it's less painful than I expect it to be. It's only subcutaneous IIRC, so it's not THAT bad, but the idea of it is still enough to make me squirm a little.

autogatos
01-23-2014, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it's less painful than I expect it to be. It's only subcutaneous IIRC, so it's not THAT bad, but the idea of it is still enough to make me squirm a little.

Heh, understandable. I'm not afraid of needles and have a pretty high pain tolerance, but I was still worried about the pain. In a way, I think psyching yourself up to expect something bad is kinda good because then when you actually get it done you go, "Oh, this is way less painful than I expected!"

Willow
01-23-2014, 05:13 PM

A majority of the time when people say they did their own piercings, it's usually their ears or maybe the side of their nose.

Rilvor
01-23-2014, 09:52 PM
A majority of the time when people say they did their own piercings, it's usually their ears or maybe the side of their nose.

I've met some old men that would make you cringe in fear, and perhaps wish you had an Unsee button too.

Fawna
01-23-2014, 11:35 PM
I have a piercing-gone-wrong and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions... about six months ago, I got my nose pierced. They put a ring in it for me and told me to twist the ring once a day for 2-3 weeks and soak it in salt water wash to heal it up. Easy.

After about two weeks, I went to turn the ring and found it to be stuck. Completely stuck. The day before it was fine, when I woke up, a massive lump of skin had grown around it. I called the piercer straight away and he said it was normal and would go away. Right... well, it didn't.

Am I going to have to go to the doctor and have the damn thing cut out? Is there any other way? The nose piercing itself looks pretty good, I'm just uneasy about it because it's stuck...

Willow
01-23-2014, 11:41 PM
I've met some old men that would make you cringe in fear, and perhaps wish you had an Unsee button too.
I can only imagine and I really don't want to imagine D:

I have a piercing-gone-wrong and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions... about six months ago, I got my nose pierced. They put a ring in it for me and told me to twist the ring once a day for 2-3 weeks and soak it in salt water wash to heal it up. Easy.

After about two weeks, I went to turn the ring and found it to be stuck. Completely stuck. The day before it was fine, when I woke up, a massive lump of skin had grown around it. I called the piercer straight away and he said it was normal and would go away. Right... well, it didn't.

Am I going to have to go to the doctor and have the damn thing cut out? Is there any other way? The nose piercing itself looks pretty good, I'm just uneasy about it because it's stuck...
I'm not a piercing expert so I could very well be wrong, but there's a chance it could just be swelling.

Rilvor
01-24-2014, 04:04 AM

Well the first thing you should do is find a different piercer, because twisting your piercings is something you absolutely should not do. You see, when your flesh is pierced it creates an open wound. Now without going into scientific terms here, the next thing that happens is your body takes the immediate steps to close up the wound like it would any other. Next, it starts laying down the cellular building blocks for new skin. This takes time, and eventually new skin will form. This new skin is extremely delicate, it can rupture merely from touching it. The body continues to strengthen itself over time, and this is why many nose piercings (Is it your nostril or your septum?) take 3-4 months or longer to heal enough that you reach the point you can even consider messing with the jewelry.

When you twisted that ring, you ripped and tore at that delicate skin. There is a chance you may have scar tissue now. The "lump" could be lot of things; It would be an allergic reaction to low-quality metal, a metal you are allergic to, or it could contain Nickel (A material that is unsuitable for the body in every respect. Cheap jewelry often has this, and if you aren't already allergic to Nickel wearing it will give you an allergy to Nickel. No joke.)

It could also be a localized infection, or it could be irritation from any other number of means. Because what you are describing is vague, it could even be a keloid which is more genetic than anything iirc. It could also be what is known as a "piercing pimple".

You should find a new, and hopefully better, piercer to see. Use your local and online resources.

In the meantime, the best thing you could do is the following:

Do not touch your piercing for any reason. If it needs cleaning, which it probably does at least once a day, very very gently clean any discharge from around the piercing with a fresh and sterile Q-tip.

Do your saline soaks two times a day. You should be using the following recipe:
1/4 tsp non-iodized sea salt
8oz water

Mix the salt into water heated to about the temperature of a hot drink (one that is just hot enough to stay drinkable). It should not be scalding hot.

For nose piercings, try pouring the saline solution into a 4oz dixie cup or something similar that has enough room to submerge the piercing in the saline solution for 10 minutes.

Rinse the piercing with water afterwards.

Remember to WASH YOUR HANDS before any interaction or cleaning.

You may use gentle, non-scented soaps to clean the area around a piercing. Do not get soap inside the piercing. I recommend non-scented Softsoap brand. Do not attempt to use generic off-brands, they cannot be trusted.

Do not use alcohol, peroxide, ointments, or anything else on your piercings. Just stick with what I said here.

You can try Ibuprofin to help alleviate swelling, but remember that it should not be taken for extended periods of time.

If you have other questions feel free to ask them here or in a PM, I will answer to the best of my limited knowledge.

Again, find a new piercer. Yours does not seem trustworthy or all that knowledgeable to me.

Edit: Also, avoid touching anywhere around the piercing or letting pets contact anywhere nearby. Bacteria have the ability to travel up to 6 inches across a surface.

Edit2: Disclaimer is required; I am not a piercer, nor are my opinions to be taken in place of a professional. This is personal advice and nothing more.

Monster
01-25-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm a licensed body piercer :o I've had 100+ piercings(a lot of them were temporary whether they were microdermals, surface piercings or corset piercings) and I have a bit of ink...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/384537_324580297559027_883745887_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/t1/199451_211488605534864_545216_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/403097_374546092562447_1126769410_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/t1/425161_500005376683184_736929754_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/181736_201249426558782_3285426_n.jpg

Sorry for the photo spam haha but those are a few. I've had a lot more but never got decent pictures of them/not allow to show them off. I also have a mistake or two with tattoos :/

Tiamat
01-25-2014, 06:47 PM
That skull piece is so badass.

Aakosir
01-25-2014, 09:20 PM
I have three tattoos so far and 12 piercings. I used to have my nipples pierced, but my boyfriend was not a fan of them. So now I just have my ears, tongue and navel. My first holes are stretched to 0, my second holes are 8s and my third are just 16. Then I have a helix, daith and conch. I used to have my industrial done, but I was stupid and went to a bad piercer... It never healed so I took it out. When I forst got my navel done I went to someone who seemed like he knew what he was doing, very nice clean shop with all the proper equipment and sterile packages, but he told me to clean it with bactine...... So that one didn't last long either. I took it out, let it heal then went to my piercer who's been doing it for 16+ years now. I've never had any issues with his piercings. And he's awesome x3

First tattoo - http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/Aakosir/ankh_zps5674dee2.jpg

Second - http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/Aakosir/Semperfidelis_zpse923bbf6.gif

And third - http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/Aakosir/star.jpg

I have many more tattoos planned, but no spare money as of right now.

Tiamat
01-25-2014, 09:23 PM
I have three tattoos so far and 12 piercings. I used to have my nipples pierced, but my boyfriend was not a fan of them. So now I just have my ears, tongue and navel. My first holes are stretched to 0, my second holes are 8s and my third are just 16. Then I have a helix, daith and conch.

First tattoo - http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/Aakosir/ankh_zps5674dee2.jpg

Second - http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/Aakosir/Semperfidelis_zpse923bbf6.gif

And third - http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/Aakosir/star.jpg

I have many more tattoos planned, but no spare money as of right now.

Ha, I have Semper Fidelis across my chest in big gothic letters. :) :)

lichdog
01-26-2014, 10:42 AM
I just have the Circa Survive "Safe Camp" tattooed below my right clavicle :9

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljxlqgSMuM1qztmxyo1_500.jpg

I misplaced the one photo I had of me on there and I can't be arsed to take one of me on it x3 since you can only see it when I wear a tank top/v-neck/nothing.

It needs touching up on the vertiices unfortunately :/

Carnau
01-26-2014, 02:26 PM
I just have the Circa Survive "Safe Camp" tattooed below my right clavicle
Can't wait to see it, assuming you'd post pics of it. I don't plan to get a tattoo myself but I like seeing them on others, clavicle tats are especially badass in my opinion.

Quinn_Silversmith
01-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Heya! I really like tattoos and piercings of all sorts, but I don't have nearly as many as I would like. The piercings I do have are my left Cartilage and my right nipple. I've been mulling over what I want to get for my first tattoo, and I've been thinking of a Triple goddess symbol done in the celtic knotwork style, with Mjolnir hanging by a chain from the center moon. I'm thinking of getting it either on my shoulder or as a band a little lower down my arm, any feedback on what you guys think would be awesome!

lichdog
01-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Can't wait to see it, assuming you'd post pics of it. I don't plan to get a tattoo myself but I like seeing them on others, clavicle tats are especially badass in my opinion.

Unflattering iPhone front camera photos ahoy!

http://i.imgur.com/ftF1zkc.jpg

farorenightclaw
02-01-2014, 12:57 PM
i have a 6-gauge CBR in each lobe, as well as a 10-gauge horseshoe ring in each lobe. i also have my right tragus pierced with a small black CBR. i just got my labret done with a small metal stud as well! i'm not sure what else to get.. i've had my helix pierced once (it rejected because i was stupid and spun it a lot), and my nipples pierced twice (rejected both times).

For tattoos, i don't have any yet, but i have them all planned out:
A star sleeve on my left arm, starting with 'Loom' stars, going into Van Gogh stars and up into realistic ones with Ecco's forehead constellation, and the words 'my god, it's full of stars' on my wrist.
A robotics sleeve on my right arm, starting with terminator-style robotics, going into clockwork and finishing with muscle-esque cables, with the words 'all is full of love' on my wrist.
The words 'deus est suscivus' (God is superfluous) on my upper back/shoulders.
The words 'illegitimi non carborundum' (don't let the bastards grind you down) on my upper chest.

Beyond that, i'm not sure!

wwretched
02-02-2014, 11:54 AM
I only have my ears pierced but they were too feminine for me so I let them close up. I really want snakebites and small plugs, but the only thing that's stopping me is the fact that I'll have to take them out/cover them up for a job and I really don't know how to do that convincingly. That's also the reason I don't have any tattoos. I want sleeves and a big chest piece but I'll have to be "professional." :/