PDA

View Full Version : Stop cropping submissions/complete thumbnails?

Surreal
12-20-2013, 09:21 PM
So all the submission icons are cropped. The things that the people I follow are posting, I mean, not my own stuff. Is there a way to make it display the whole image as a thumbnail instead of just one tiny part?

PepperHead
12-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Oooh, that'd be a neat option!
It took some getting used to with the cropped thumbnails, and still sometimes I miss good art (or stumble upon something I didn't necessarily want) because of a poorly cropped thumb.

I don't think that submissions would still be able to be a uniform square if they're uncropped, as canvas sizes are all different, but still I wouldn't mind that c:

Fiz
12-21-2013, 07:17 PM
There's not a way to display full thumbnails as of now.

Surreal
12-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Darn. Oh well, hope it comes along sometime soon; it's my only real issue with this site.

CaffeinatedCrafts
01-22-2014, 05:49 PM
I really really don't like the cropped thumbnails either. Please think about getting rid of this, Weasyl.
Its the only reason I haven't fully moved over here. If the thumbnail doesn't catch my interest, then I'm not going to click the piece. I don't open most of the submissions in my inbox because I can't see them properly. Please implement full view thumbnails.

sambeawesome
01-22-2014, 05:59 PM
I don't think it should be gotten rid of, leaving it as an option is fine, but I would love to be able to see/show off the whole piece.

Fiz
01-22-2014, 06:08 PM
Regarding thumbnails, quoting aden in another thread:

Re: thumbnails, don't worry guys, we're not ignoring you! Changing these over to full previews (yes, non-square) is a component of another effort that we'll hopefully get out to you in the near future. Really sorry about the lack of feedback from our end regarding this

TalasAF
01-23-2014, 11:40 AM
Yes, YES. Out of all the problems I have about this site, the one with cropping image in a thumbnail is the biggest and currently most annoying. A pic I think I want to see ends up being one I wish I didn't see closer up.

Can you guys at least disable that cropped thumbnail feature in the upload process until this problems see'd about?

Fiz
01-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Yes, YES. Out of all the problems I have about this site, the one with cropping image in a thumbnail is the biggest and currently most annoying. A pic I think I want to see ends up being one I wish I didn't see closer up.

Can you guys at least disable that cropped thumbnail feature in the upload process until this problems see'd about?

If you're referring to the custom thumbnail cropper, people do not need to use it.

I doubt it'll be disabled.

sethtriggs
01-23-2014, 01:04 PM
If you're referring to the custom thumbnail cropper, people do not need to use it.

I doubt it'll be disabled.

Could we have a toggle option (per account) to disable it? I never custom crop thumbnails as I'm a big fan of showing the whole thing so a viewer can make an informed decision as to whether to look at my art or not.

-Seth

Charrio
01-23-2014, 01:06 PM
It would be nice, most people don't see comic pages too well all cropped and such

We just need a option to use it or not, like the using the no alerts for submissions if we choose.

Bri Mercedes
01-23-2014, 01:08 PM
At first I liked the thumbnail feature a lot, it was very well executed. But now that I've spent a lot of time browsing, it's a little frustrating to not be able to see the whole picture. I might be looking for reference sheets, but I'm not gonna know it's a reference sheet if all I see is a character's face in the thumbnail!

Fiz
01-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Could we have a toggle option (per account) to disable it? I never custom crop thumbnails as I'm a big fan of showing the whole thing so a viewer can make an informed decision as to whether to look at my art or not.

-Seth

Forwarded this to the devs, I'm not so sure about a toggle but I think they're gonna change it to make it clearer what the thumbnail page does. (since some people think that they have got to use the thumbnail cropper)

sethtriggs
01-23-2014, 01:26 PM
Forwarded this to the devs, I'm not so sure about a toggle but I think they're gonna change it to make it clearer what the thumbnail page does. (since some people think that they have got to use the thumbnail cropper)

The reason I really, really, really hope it can be toggled is that it is well and truly in my way, a superfluous step to posting my art. I never, ever, ever use custom thumbnailing. I prefer that as much of my image is shown as possible so that my viewers may make an informed decision as to whether the art is worth clicking on.

Thank you very much for forwarding the suggestion!

-Seth