PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays From Weasyl!

Term
12-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Hello Everyone!

As we near the holiday season and the coming of the new year, we want to wish Happy Holidays to all our users! We hope that you and yours are enjoying this most wonderful time of the year.

First of all, we'd like to formally introduce our new Twitter account, @WeasylCritique (https://twitter.com/WeasylCritique). For most submissions marked as seeking critique, this account will send out a tweet linking to your submission along with content tags relevant to your work. We think this will be a great way for those looking for opinions on their work to get some additional exposure while helping to facilitate a community of improvement as well as general art appreciation.

2013 was the first full calendar year for which Weasyl has been active, and we feel its important to recap what weve been up to. This year, we brought on a swath of new coding staff, who together have contributed hundreds of updates, bug fixes, and other code changes towards improving the website.

Since our last news post, weve added a counter for our active users online to the site footer. Now you can keep updated on how many users in the community are browsing Weasyl. Our FAQ (https://www.weasyl.com/help/faq) and Thank You (https://www.weasyl.com/thanks) pages have also been updated with additional information, so be sure to check those out as well!

Over the last few months we've seen a large number of new users join the site, and many who are starting to use Weasyl as a primary account to share and consume art. Were very happy for you all making the choice to use our site, and we hope that you continue to enjoy the Weasyl experience! We will never forget that what will make Weasyl truly great isn't just the hard work and dedication of our staff, but also the suggestions and support from you all in the community.

As such, we'd like to remind everyone to follow us on Twitter and Tumblr, as well as join our forums. Questions and concerns can also be sent to support@weasyl.com.

2013 is almost over, but 2014 is shaping up to be another great year here at Weasyl. We're excited for the future and we hope you'll join us in our endeavor to build a better community for artistic expression throughout all mediums.

See you soon!

PepperHead
12-14-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm loving the active member counter. Goodness, I didn't know that Weasyl was that active!
The new critique account is also a nice addition, but unfortunately I don't have an account there. Nevertheless, I hope it is of some use to others!

May I request a little teaser of some features soon to come for the new year? :cool:

Cheers!

Term
12-14-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm loving the active member counter. Goodness, I didn't know that Weasyl was that active!
The new critique account is also a nice addition, but unfortunately I don't have an account there. Nevertheless, I hope it is of some use to others!

May I request a little teaser of some features soon to come for the new year? :cool:

Cheers!

We're always looking to improve as many aspects of the site as we can, given that we're still in a Beta phase.

But among other planned overhauls are changes to our thumbnails, improving the search engine, and implementing better support for literary artists.

PepperHead
12-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Awesome, thanks for the response! I'm definitely looking forward to the search engine improvements <3

Keep up the good work c:

Nightmare
12-15-2013, 04:38 PM
I really hope this place stays this active! Happy Holidays. =) You guys are doing great with the site.

Pogonip
12-16-2013, 05:25 AM
Happy Holidays. The site functions really well for still being in the beta phase, forgot it's still technically beta (even though it says it in huge letters lol).

the_gneech
12-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Happy, happy, merry, merry! Following on Twitter now, still feeling my way around but liking what I see so far. :)

-The Gneech :cool:

SolidSpy24
12-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Happy holidays :B

Sparkyopteryx
12-18-2013, 09:37 PM
We're always looking to improve as many aspects of the site as we can, given that we're still in a Beta phase.

But among other planned overhauls are changes to our thumbnails, improving the search engine, and implementing better support for literary artists.

Oh awesome, I've been wanting to see more improvement in those fields! Exciting.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Yule and Happy Holidays for everyone.

DarkShadow777
12-20-2013, 01:04 AM
Happy Hollydays, and may 2014 be full of success for the Weasyl team and the site :)

Cheers!