PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Ferrets and Ferret Applications

Fay V
08-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Its great to see so many people interested in the Ferret position. Weve gotten several questions about Ferret applications (something which is not up yet) and a few requests directly to the Ferret group, so I wanted to personally clear some things up.

First, the ferret applications are currently closed. We have a few Ferrets acting as beta testers at the moment and will not be accepting any more members until the general launch of the site closer to the end of the year. This allows the users to get used to the rules and site culture before they make a commitment to search for violations.

We are currently drafting an official application process involving the actual application that users submit, which was mistakenly left open but has been closed until we are accepting applications, and the direct request for group access. The group access request and applications are not the same thing, but two parts of the process and we are aware that users can still request access to the group. To those that have requested group access please wait and request again later when applications are open.

We will draft an announcement and the applications will be made available to any users seeking to join the Ferret team when we are ready to accept new members. In the meantime feel free to ask questions or make suggestions.

FishNChips
08-01-2012, 07:40 PM
I would have applied if there was a way to apply actually put out in the open and accessible. I didn't have a clue.

I'll deffo apply if I see an announcement. c:

Tiger
08-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Looking forward to it eagerly!

Uini
08-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Great!

Saiko
08-10-2012, 05:07 AM
... Actually this works very well for me. I'll have time to figure out how the position might interact with my classes. :3

Vitani
08-14-2012, 02:22 PM
I'll make sure to keep an eye out for open applications, I wouldn't mind helping out here.

Demu
08-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Thank you for the information. I'll hold back my enormous desire to toss my qualifications at you until the applications have opened, haha.

Though, how would one apply for a higher position than a ferret? :) I am extremely interested in a long-term position.

Ratte
08-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Will definitely be looking forward to when the applications are open.

RX-149Dragonite
08-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a Ferret?

Is it like a position under moderator, or what?

Taw
08-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Thank you for the information. I'll hold back my enormous desire to toss my qualifications at you until the applications have opened, haha.

Though, how would one apply for a higher position than a ferret? :) I am extremely interested in a long-term position.

The DFA will draw a list of possible candidates when the time comes for us to hire on new moderators and they would present these possible choices to the rest of the staff to vote on I believe. I need to confirm if this is still how we plan to handle this situation though.

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a Ferret?

Is it like a position under moderator, or what?

You can read more about Ferrets here:

http://weasyl.tumblr.com/post/24625044766/introducing-ferrets-an-entry-level-staff-position

SpookyBiscuits
08-20-2012, 04:03 AM
super excited about this! i've been pretty excited for a way to help out the site without spending money.

don't have a lot of money, but i do have tons of time on my hands, so this sounds great!

FancySkunk
08-20-2012, 04:25 AM
I was initially on the fence about applying for this, but now I definitely know I want to try for it. Can't wait for the application to go live.