PDA

View Full Version : 3DS Thread

StrawberryPawz
07-31-2012, 11:18 PM
Here is a place to share what 3DS game you are currently playing!

Kingdom Hearts 3D

Aetius
08-01-2012, 03:52 AM
Ive been contemplating on purchasing a 3DS. Is it really worth the 170 dollars or should I just wait for another possible price drop?

Kazekai
08-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Ive been contemplating on purchasing a 3DS. Is it really worth the 170 dollars or should I just wait for another possible price drop?

Are you excited for any current/future releases for it?

My 3DS was a gift, at full price, but I am excited for Paper Mario Sticker Star and Animal Crossing, not to mention drawing with Colors!3D when I'm not home is nice.

I'd give my friend code, but the only online game I have is Pokemon Black and I kinda lost interest in the mainstream Pokemon games since they're just too grindy. I prefer Ranger and Pokepark.

Aetius
08-01-2012, 04:39 AM
Are you excited for any current/future releases for it?

Ocarina of time, and the star fox 3ds game have my attention.

I also hear rumors that they are making a Majora's Mask 3ds game, although I am not sure if this is true.

Sinjo
08-01-2012, 09:18 AM
I was interested in the handheld a while back. But the obvious lack of third party support is going to cripple the hand held.

That being siad, hold off on getting one. the 3dsXL is said to be on its way.

Tiger
08-01-2012, 10:35 AM
I got it the day it was released (os much money :c ) and although I use it, until recently there were no really good 3DS games for quite a while, IMO. Now some better games are coming out. The first time I played StarFox 64 3D, I legit almost cried it was so beautiful. Kid Icarus looks good, though I haven't played it. And I am very excited for Paper Mario and Animal Crossing! And there are some neat features to the system, too. I'd say $170 is a much more fair price than the original price.

Kazekai
08-01-2012, 10:40 AM
I was interested in the handheld a while back. But the obvious lack of third party support is going to cripple the hand held.

That being siad, hold off on getting one. the 3dsXL is said to be on its way.

What's the point of a handheld that can barely fit in a pocket?

Sinjo
08-01-2012, 10:46 AM
What's the point of a handheld that can barely fit in a pocket?

Backpack
Satchel
Purse

Few others I'm missing.

Kazekai
08-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Backpack
Satchel
Purse

Few others I'm missing.

As someone who suffers from poor eyesight, I can say with certainty that the normal screen on the 3DS is perfectly fine and 99.9% of people will likely be able to see it.

Ten
08-01-2012, 04:54 PM
as someone with poor eyesight and an owner of the original 3DS

I can say with certainty that the normal screen, while decent enough, suffers from its size. So much detail is lost in the eye squintingly small size of it all. Kid Icarus looks great, but it's hard to see it on the small screen.

I will be getting a 3DSxL on launch. I will carry it the same way I carry my regular 3DS; in my messenger bag, and I will enjoy the larger screen with improved viewing angles (which has made the 3D More robust and easier on viewer's eyes). I will enjoy the longer lasting battery and the more comfortable design.

the 3DS XL is amazing :3

Sinjo
08-01-2012, 05:05 PM
as someone with poor eyesight and an owner of the original 3DS

I can say with certainty that the normal screen, while decent enough, suffers from its size. So much detail is lost in the eye squintingly small size of it all. Kid Icarus looks great, but it's hard to see it on the small screen.

I will be getting a 3DSxL on launch. I will carry it the same way I carry my regular 3DS; in my messenger bag, and I will enjoy the larger screen with improved viewing angles (which has made the 3D More robust and easier on viewer's eyes). I will enjoy the longer lasting battery and the more comfortable design.

the 3DS XL is amazing :3

I like you.

:'>

Drifloon
08-02-2012, 02:26 PM
i have a 3DS and love it so much. i am excited as so many rpgs are coming its way now vita is bombing in japan

Fiz
08-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Got a 3DS on release, so I got all of the ambassador games with it. Love the console, love the games. I don't really ever use the 3D though. The 3D effects are beautiful but it is hard on my eyes, plus I'd rather just play the game instead of getting eye candy.

I like taking it around the few times I do go out to see if I can get any streetpasses. I surprisingly always get some when I'm at the grocery store, but none at the mall. I thought it would be the other way around.

Swapnote is fun as hell, but I still can barely draw on the screen. Gotta use my tablet pen to get anything done on it.

I really do need to play more games on it though. I've yet to beat Kid Icarus Uprising or Super Mario 3D Land. Beat Ocarina of Time though, but haven't tried Master Quest yet.

I'm really excited for Animal Crossing 3DS. I can't wait to get stung by bees and cut down my friend's trees.

ChitterBox
08-02-2012, 10:52 PM
I've got a flame red one, but since my right eye's significantly weaker than my left I can't see the 3D. I probably wouldn't have used it anyway, but at least the games don't rely on it too much. Picked up Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario 3D Land, and Ridge Racer 3D and have been liking it so far. Looking to get Mario Kart 7 soon but don't know how active the online scene is anymore. Sucks being a late buyer I guess X3.

Currently playing Ridge Racer 3D, though that may change to Theatrhythm Final Fantasy soon. That game looks pretty catchy.

Stormdragonblue
08-03-2012, 02:08 PM
At the time when I finally had decided to pick up a 3DS I got lucky that the place I bought it from still had the Zelda model. Most time so far spend on it must have been for Super Mario 3D Land followed by Mario Kart 7. Currently I've got Pokemon Conquest in there and a bunch of installed DSi/3DS ware.

I'd say that while I do like the 3D I mostly do without it. Even with me using it for the biggest part when lying in bed it's just annoying to sit in just the right angle at all times. I've so far found that the 3D is only something of a wanted feature in SM3DL and at times Pullblox. For the rest it's slider down. And ofcourse having the 3D off plus energy saving mode on and brightness set to 3. That's a great way to greatly extend your 3Ds battery life on the go.