PDA

View Full Version : [RECRUITMENT] The Nine Seals

FlynnCoyote
08-16-2013, 06:43 AM
Since the section is here, I figured I'd set the trend and get this shit going. What follows is a layout for how I intend to run this roleplay as well as the recruitment parameters for them. This is going to be an adventure based roleplay for anywhere between three and six characters, I'll keep it slow at first to test the water with the players here and if it works I'll put in some more detail and intrigue down the track.

First, this is how it will run:

In this recruitment thread, I will post up the story and the types of characters I am looking for. I will ask that players submit a full character sheet (NOT, I repeat, NOT just a link to somewhere else. That is lazy) in this thread for review. Once I have enough, I will choose the players I want (generally everyone will be accepted so long as their character is decent and has apparent effort put into their creation, but if the numbers go over what I am prepared to handle then I'll get a bit picky) that I wish to include.

Once this is done, I will post up an Action thread where the roleplay itself will take place. Thereafter, this thread (the Recruitment thread) will be used for out of character (ooc) chat and discussion. The layout of my Action threads looks like this:

Story (typically this will be several paragraphs of story, both to drive the plots forward and in some cases to cover the consequences of character actions taken in the previous update)

Character Parameters (this will be a separate section of the update from the story above, outlining each character's current position or scenario and outlining viable options. The amount of freedom you have here will often be limited due to plot elements, mission parameters or simply to prevent a loss of control to the story. )

Posting in my rp threads:

For the most part, you should only need one post per update. However this assumes that all players will use the recruitment thread or pm's to co-ordinate actions and conversations when necessary. This is to minimize unnecessary posts and keep the thread neat and tidy for outside readers. In some circumstances a second post may be acceptable, however I ask that if you do make multiple posts, they all be of the same high quality. Please do not feel the need for your character to reply to every other character as they act, I do not want this rp to focus too heavily on one or two people and drown out everyone else.

Post quality. I want decent posts. Along the lines of seven or eight sentences at least, one or two decent paragraphs. Avoid walls of text, avoid one or two line answers.

Character manipulation: As the gm, I WILL periodically control your character's actions at points during the updates. This is nothing major, and will usually only be in relation to a character finding something or being the first to come under small arms fire and subsequently taking cover.

If you have read the above and it does not sit well with you, then my style of rp's is probably not for you.

With that out of the way, here's the recruitment.

Setting:

This rp will take place in a setting of mine called Vertis Prime, a world approaching war between the two dominant nations. The world itself is comprised of two main continents, a northern continent and a a series of islands at various locations in between. The inhabitants of this world are various anthromorphs, ranging from several dozen breeds of canid and felid, to larger breeds such as bears and smaller breeds such as mice and other rodentia. Size comparisons remain mostly the same as they would in any primordial world, so if a coyote was four or five feet in height, a bear would stand at roughly twelve, a lion at roughly ten and a mouse at three or four inches. Levels of sentience and sapience have done nothing to dim the laws of nature in this world, so smaller creatures still serve as food and in some cases slaves for the larger carnivores. Survival of the Fittest is a creed every denizen of Vertis knows by heart.

Nonetheless, some civility has managed to emerge. The Western continent is dominated by the Canid Nation, a collective Nation formed from an alliance between the myriad wolf packs and coyote clans, and which now incorporates the smaller vulpines and jackals as well. Other canid breeds are less common but not unheard of, and the Nation is welcoming of most if not all fellow canids.

The Eastern continent is ruled by the Felid Empire. The dominant leaders here are the lions and their attending lionesses, and they dote out authority to the leopards and cheetahs under their reign. Smaller felid breeds such as lynxes, bobcats and even tabbies fill the roles of menial workers and auxillaries. Unlike the mutual respect that prevails among the canids, the felids live in a more feudal state with the smaller giving their services freely in exchange for the protection their larger cousins can offer.

Other races live by their own creeds, bears often living alone or in small family groups far from civilization while rodents often maintain huge underground colonies with great numbers for safety. Avian breeds such as ravens and hawks are sometimes hired as messengers or mercenaries, but more often live as they prefer, stalking the roads between settlements looking for easy prey.

Plot:

Escalating tensions between the Canid Nation and the Felid Empire are becoming critical. Trade has become almost impossible, with the seas being overrun by extremists on both sides and pirates seeking to exploit the growing power vacuum. In a desperate effort to maintain a truce, both parties agreed to negotiations in neutral territory, open waters off the coast of the northern continent. There was an ambush, by who exactly is unknown but both ships have been left to wash ashore in ruins. It falls upon the survivors to either repair or salvage one of the ships, or find another way home.

Once here though, leaving is not so easy... Something sleeps on this unexplored continent and it may not take kindly to visitors.

The Character Sheets:

I need you to submit the following...

Name + Species: Your character's name obviously. And what species they are.

Description: What they look like, their height and weight (ballpark is okay) and any common outfits or accessories.

Personality: A little about what your character is like, their social skills, their outlook, their opinions on certain common elements of life and maybe a bit about their attitude towards different kinds of people.

History: The level of detail here is up to you, if you can fit your character easily into my established background great, if not then keeping it vague works just as well.

Other: Any other details you feel are necessary, particular skillsets and quirks, maybe a weakness or fallibility.

I understand that many of you have pre-created characters that won't fit my background. If this is the case you may want to create one specifically for this roleplay. This will be beneficial on two fronts, one it creates a groundwork for my future rp's if you are interested or if not then it is someone expendable you you can use this once and then let die if you do not wish to keep them. I will leave this in your hands.

Rules: (Rules specific to his rp)

1: No god modding. By this I mean do not control other players' characters, do not control in world objects or situations you were not given parameters over, and do not create an overly powerful character.

2: Your character will likely be subjected to injuries over the course of this story. Accept this.

3: I am the gm, if I ask you to edit something in your post to maintain the integrity of your story, I will expect you to comply. If not, you will be asked to leave and barred from further participation.

4: If you aren't sure, ask me before you assume anything.

5: I will allow two weeks between updates for you to get your posts up. This is to allow for the creation of a decent post, as well as collaboration for those players who need it. If you miss an update, I will decide your character's actions for you that update. If you miss a second, I will simply stop including you.

This should be all for now. If I've missed anythingor if you have any questions, let me know and I'll update the thread with my answers. :thumbsup:

AlekseeEcstasy
08-16-2013, 01:17 PM
character sheet :3 https://www.weasyl.com/character/16297
Name: Aleksee Von Ecstasy
species: Canid, Mutt
weight: 98lbs
height: 5ft
note: he's rather weak X3

story: just a sickly yet very friendly guy who has trouble fitting in

quirks: has to pee a lot, likes to sing when bored, is intimidated easily, smokes when stressed or depressed, can't sit still,

accessories: black tie, rainbow legwarmers, botdf bracelet, lip ring, ear piercings,

personality: shy, socially awkward, sickly (tends to get nauseated and puke and has various other medical issues), is very skinny and small, shakes a lot, he's a smoker, is terrified of storms, has trust issues, has trouble sleeping at night, and loud noises startle him easily.

FlynnCoyote
08-16-2013, 09:38 PM
character sheet :3 https://www.weasyl.com/character/16297
Name: Aleksee Von Ecstasy
species: Canid, Mutt
weight: 98lbs
height: 5ft
note: he's rather weak X3

story: just a sickly yet very friendly guy who has trouble fitting in

quirks: has to pee a lot, likes to sing when bored, is intimidated easily, smokes when stressed or depressed, can't sit still,

accessories: black tie, rainbow legwarmers, botdf bracelet, lip ring, ear piercings,

personality: shy, socially awkward, sickly (tends to get nauseated and puke and has various other medical issues), is very skinny and small, shakes a lot, he's a smoker, is terrified of storms, has trust issues, has trouble sleeping at night, and loud noises startle him easily.

So how exactly does someone like this find his way onto a diplomatic mission to prevent war between two countries, or even onto a ship to begin with? :P

Also, genderless? I'm hoping to run a serious rp here, for that I want a degree of commonality and realism. And realistically, every character would be male or female. This is a feudal world where the meek and the different don't go far. Your character should reflect that.

AlekseeEcstasy
08-16-2013, 11:45 PM
i knew he probably wouldn't fit the criteria i just wanted to give it a shot U-U