PDA

View Full Version : Annemays and mango

RX-149Dragonite
08-15-2013, 07:11 PM
What Chinese cartoons are you watching/reading at the moment?

What's your favorite?

Tiger
08-15-2013, 08:13 PM
The only ones I got into were Azumangah Daioh (LOVE IT, both manga and anime) and Hellsing (also love it, the first anime was awful but the Hellsing Ultimate I have yet to see). I know a little bit about Bleach and Death Note, but besides that, I haven't really seen are read anything in particular. Although tomorrow I'ma start watching the Kenshin anime sooo gonna have to see how that goes. :P

Dark
08-15-2013, 08:21 PM
lol chinese

Ahuge part of my earlier years was spent watching Cardcaptors and Mega Man NT Warrior, if that's any indication. ;)

Damian
08-15-2013, 09:20 PM
"Chinese"

>:C

Neon Poi
08-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Hahaha, this thread cracks me up. I don't know if it's supposed to but it does.

I watched Digimon the other day. So much nostalgia.

rbartrop
08-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Is there anything coming out of China that we should be watching?

RX-149Dragonite
08-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Is there anything coming out of China that we should be watching?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wro6PtFvuok

Astro Plan, which is totally not a Macross ripoff, that would be an absurd thought.

Tigercougar
08-27-2013, 02:30 PM
Funny thing; I almost never watch anime anymore, but my anime music library is among my most cherished pieces of music I like to listen to and I listen to them (and the rare new song I stumble across) all the time.

QT Melon
01-03-2014, 10:41 PM
I recently watched Princess Jellyfish. I wish there were more. I think it's one of the few series I've ever seen where the stars are mostly "unattractive" women that were middleaged. They were also otaku/fangirl types which made them more interesting and entertaining.

Sonata
01-03-2014, 11:48 PM
chinese im gonna ching chang chong you in the face :v

uhh I am not watching any anime at the moment but I am interested in Kill La Kill. Though I am reading the manga for Candy Candy, I have seen the anime multiple times. The manga is so fast paced as opposed to the anime which is extended and more developed. I can say for once that the anime was better than the manga.

Rico
01-04-2014, 12:57 AM
Currently watching: Eden of the East, Stein's Gate, Watamote, probs gonna finish up Black Butler because why the heck not.

Reading: Aku no Hana, AoT, uuhhhhm maybe I should re-read Fruits Basket? No idea.

ShadWolf
01-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Lulz… About 20 in out of 300 furries, there's on always that lurking anime liking her lurking within them Haha! xD
>> nah… I made that up ;p

Ah-hooo~ how many Anime fans are there here on Weasyl? I'm just sorta curious, cuz there's always about half a dozen anime fans within the furry community who are anime fans. Either with their fascination of Japanese culture, or the sheer enjoyment of watching great things like Full Metal Alchemist, or the likes of AKIRA, and the ever world popular series Ghost in the Shell.

Should be a good topic to discuss your favourites, what you've seen, what you're currently watching and more! c: -- I can just about hearing someone shouting out "You're such a nerd!" (; ・`д・´)

Carnau
01-26-2014, 01:47 PM
We're all nerds here in some way, shape, or form.

I kind of hang on to Sailor moon, Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop for the nostalgia of it but I think I can honestly say I've grown out of anime altogether. I was always more of a manga fan anyways. But yeah anime and manga used to be a huge deal to me, I was one of those kids who had a room full of anime posters and figurines.
I can't say what made me walk away from all of it really, it was kind of fun. Like I said it must have just been a phase =O

ShadWolf
01-26-2014, 02:10 PM
We're all nerds here in some way, shape, or form.

I kind of hang on to Sailor moon, Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop for the nostalgia of it but I think I can honestly say I've grown out of anime altogether. I was always more of a manga fan anyways. But yeah anime and manga used to be a huge deal to me, I was one of those kids who had a room full of anime posters and figurines.
I can't say what made me walk away from all of it really, it was kind of fun. Like I said it must have just been a phase =O

Ooh! Cowboy BeBop was one of my faves! ^^
I can never leave being addicted to Anime stuffs, I like to actively watch anime as much as I can, watch as many as I possibly can! x3

I don't have pile and piles if stuff like posters, and all that stuffs, but one day I will and it'll just be huuuuge collection of stuffs! x3
I'm not so huge on the Manga sides, but I really do enjoy reading them when there's one that catches my interest ^^

I got deeply interested everything Anime, I loved the stories, characters and silly weird randomness, my most favourite gender would have to be the Horror/Sci-fi ones, those type of Anime's usually keeps you on edge and wanting more, like Higurashi koro ni, lots if weird things happen it goes crazy. :0

Taw
01-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Moved and merged your thread with an existing one, ShadWolf.

Rory
01-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Lol Shad, you've been trying hard with making new threads for discussion. :P I've more or less lost my burning interest in anime as the years go by, and in turn I've become far more interested in keeping up with manga. I got pretty disillusioned by how much is lost and/or gets changed in the animation process, so I prefer reading the original source when that's the case (though it's not for the crazy beautiful stuff that people like Makoto Shinkai do). I haven't watched a new series in many years, although I do still like rewatching older stuff. Over the last half year, I checked out Darker than Black, rewatched FMA: Brotherhood, and have plans to go through Mushi-Shi again in celebration of there being more.

Manga's another story, but right now I'm following Doubutsu no Kuni (which is going to end with the upcoming last volume), stuff from Mizukami Satoshi (like Biscuit Hammer, which is sadly done), Kuroko's Basketball, the two big Korean manhwa Noblesse and Tower of God, and Silver Spoon (farming school manga done by FMA's mangaka).

animal
01-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Currently watching:
Samurai Flamenco.
The writing and pacing of the show is the equivalent of someone singing you a lullaby and just as you are comfortable and drifting off to sleep it shakes you out bed and starts playing a wicked awesome guitar solo.

Futurecard Buddyfight.
Super upbeat-cheesy card-game anime at it's best, plus cute dragons EVERYWHERE.

waiting for the next season of attack on titan, though now that it's becoming a little more shonen-y I'm not quite as excited.

also eternally waiting for another season of Arakawa Under the Bridge. Maybe some day..

Battlechili1
01-27-2014, 05:04 PM
What anime am I currently watching? Well, Kill La Kill and Space Dandy have caught my eye especially.

As for what's my favorite?
Well.....
44JjbPBoNRQ

I think my signature and this song answer that.

EDIT: Here's my anime list for you to judge/scoff at my weabish/amazing anime watching ability/taste:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Battlechili1

EDIT 2: And here's my favorite scene in my favorite anime (Note: It's the ending of the series. So spoilers are definitely in this video. Don't watch if you don't want spoilers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd22Qa7gqRo

SirCoffeecup
01-27-2014, 05:28 PM
"Libera me from hell"
All I could think of is Event Horizon and "Libera tuteme ex inferis"

Greg
01-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Lucky Star is great. So is One Stormy Night. Death Note's cool. I play the Kirby games so the anime was always a guilty pleasure.

Ratte
01-28-2014, 01:13 PM
I really like FMA and FMAB, along with Cowboy Bebop, Digimon 1-4, K-On!, Desert Punk, and even the old Pokemon anime if only for nostalgia since 4kids butchers everything they touch with few exceptions. I've also been watching Berserk when I have an hour to spare and I like it so far. I'd like the chance to actually watch The Gokusen, Higurashi, and Hellsing Ultimate through since my internet cut out before I could do so.

For mangoes I like the KH manga and Pokemon Adventures. I'm considering looking into more if I find time to read.

wwretched
01-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Currently watching Rebuild of Evangelion! Wow it's so much prettier than the original and I like all of the added details, like holy shit Ramiel :0

Digitalpotato
01-28-2014, 01:29 PM

Sailor moon, you say? I hear that they're making some new one that's closer to the manga.
...which thankfully means no arc centered around those three sexual predators in that season with the circus. (Seriously, how did THAT get past the radars?!)

Ratte
01-28-2014, 01:37 PM
(Seriously, how did THAT get past the radars?!)

>japan

:V

Digitalpotato
01-28-2014, 09:50 PM
>japan

:V

I'm talking about the American censors bud. :P Because they dubbed that.

JackalTeeth
01-28-2014, 11:05 PM
Watching and reading Black Butler (my fave tbh) and SnK, watching Hellsing.

Otherwise I really like FLCL, Soul Eater, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Digimon, Ga-Rei Zero, JUDGE, Gantz, Blue Exorcist and FMA/FMAB.
I cannot gush enough about how much I love FLCL ;;

Willow
01-28-2014, 11:48 PM
I've been meaning to watch Evangelion for the longest time but I keep getting distracted by other things. Also because I really don't like watching anime especially on my computer. Maybe one day Netflix will put it on :u

Manga wise I have Oyasumi Punpun on my list. From the few panels I've already read or seen, it just seems like one of those stories that just starts off weird and only gets weirder.

Battlechili1
01-29-2014, 01:24 AM
Currently watching Rebuild of Evangelion! Wow it's so much prettier than the original and I like all of the added details, like holy shit Ramiel :0

2.22 is even better.
Hope you have a lot of fun with the Rebuild movies.

Rico
01-29-2014, 03:20 AM
Started watching Deadman Wonderland. Rad as hell premise with a disappointing way of going about things. It's supposed to be all horrific but at some point you're like wow yeah I never expected something ~bad~ to happen how can this be /sarcasm.

Lana
01-29-2014, 06:20 PM
I haven't been able to watch/read anime or manga in 5 years, nothing peeks my interest anymore and the stylization/genre just isn't my thing after being into it since I was very little...and was one of those geeks with animu all over the walls in my bedroom. My favorite manga is Chrono Crusade, however. I will always have a soft spot for that manga. :>

Rory
01-29-2014, 08:34 PM
I really like FMA and FMAB, along with Cowboy Bebop, Digimon 1-4, K-On!, Desert Punk...

For mangoes I like the KH manga and Pokemon Adventures. I'm considering looking into more if I find time to read.

Been awhile since I heard Desert Punk mentioned. Funny anime, watched it twice since it was so good, plus solid voice acting. FMAB is also pretty great, though that shouldn't be news to most fans.

Oooh. The Pokemon Adventures manga is what the games/tv show should've been. I made it up to the end of Ruby/Sapphire, which was so touching. x_x That damn Feebas. Once the X/Y bank is operational and stuff, going to make Ruby's team and stomp through the game for fun.

Digitalpotato
01-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Anyone else read Junji Ito's stuff?

I don't recommend doing it before bed - if you're reading some like the Hanging Balloons or The Ice Cream Bus, you'll be too busy laughing to sleep.

Battlechili1
02-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Recently finished .hack//Sign. Twas' one of the slowest most dialogue heavy shows I've ever watched. And oddly, I enjoyed it.
The music was wonderful though:
sWbkH6K4nh0

On a more serious note. I could go for a nice 90's anime right about now. Think I might go rewatch some childhood faves.
If you wound up watching something, what did ya watch anyways? The 90s had quite a few good shows.

I think one of the most fun 90s anime I've watched that I really like is Outlaw Star.

Rory
02-05-2014, 11:08 PM
If you wound up watching something, what did ya watch anyways? The 90s had quite a few good shows.

I think one of the most fun 90s anime I've watched that I really like is Outlaw Star.

I read the first two sentences and automatically thought, "Outlaw Star." Next sentence? Outlaw Star. Good tastes. :) When I came home, I looked through some old boxes and I found my old custom-designed Outlaw Star logo shirt. It's basically retro now!

Moogle
02-06-2014, 12:16 AM
I've been waiting for a thread like this! Alright, it's listing time~

Anime&Manga:

Shingeki no Kyojin
Cowboy Beebop
Evangelion (The movie remakes are amazing too)
HunterXHunter (First one, I haven't seen the remake of it)
Deadman Wonderland
Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle
Toradora!
Cardcaptors

Anime only:

Fate/Zero
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sword Art Online
Wolfs Rain
Gundam Seed
Fullmetal Alchemist & FMA Brotherhood
Eureka Seven & E7AO
.Hack//SIGN
Death Note

Manga only:

Magi - Labyrinth of Magic (haven't seen anime, looks good though)
Fate/Stay Night
Hirunaka no Ryuusei
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Koe no Katachi
Horimiya
Noragami (currently reading, so far so good)

Visual novel/Light novel:

Fate/Stay Night <- YESYESYESYES SO GOOOOOD.
Sword Art Online
Dangan Ronpa (currently playing)

:thumbsup:

SirCoffeecup
03-18-2014, 09:58 AM
So it would seem like there's a bunch of weaboos or just anime fans on these forums, so why not make a megathread to concentrate the wapanese in one place?
What shows you like, what you hate, what's good in anime and what's not and so forth.

I'm not an avid anime viewer, but there have been some really good animes I've seen.
My absolute fave is Last Exile. It does just about everything right. Gives lovable characters and throws them in a gritty dieselpunkish world about to be torn apart by a war fought by giant aerial battleships and their fighters. The design of those ships are cool as balls, and the effects are done quite well in these sky naval battles.
Best thing about it is that there is no loli, no fanservice and a good plot with character development.
In a nutshell the story is that there are two civilian couriers and they get dragged into war and along the road wind up in a battleship like no other.
It's my 10/10 show I think everyone should watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBXvltdwLDQ

The second launch with new cast and new plot was good too, but it had suffered in the hands of moe and overly done clothing and stupid characters.

Another one I quite like is FLCL.
it is just so stupidly random and mind boggling it has to be seen.
The 6 episodes that cover the whole thing isn't much, but it's better that way.

I also enjoyed Spice and Wolf, but that had some fanservice I wasn't entirely fond of.
Still, watching a drunk, manipulative god of harvest travel with a human merchant and fight off bankruptcy was fun.
Second season was garbage though.

sassySloth
03-18-2014, 10:15 AM
I love the animes. Right now the only one I'm watching is Space Dandy, but I'll be watching Attack on Titan next.

Space Dandy is obscenely good. I laugh, I cry, the animation is amazing. That plant episode was pretty high art.

My favorite anime ever must be Outlaw Star or Shirokuma Cafe. Outlaw has such an excellent setting. It's aaaalmost steampunk with lots of mystical elements. And great characters. And Shirokuma Cafe is just so much fun.

However my favorite manga is Trigun, bar none. The anime is OK, but lacks the dramatic punch that the manga brought to the table.

Rory
03-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Merged SirCoffeecup's thread with here for Anime/Manga discussion. Please make sure to check back for this stuff, it's perfectly okay to bring up old threads here on the Weasyl forums. Necromancers welcome!

Willow
03-22-2014, 12:35 AM
My sister got that loot crate thing because this month was Titan themed. Attack on Titan and Titanfall gear. Little pamphlet was cool. Picture of the AOT guys attacking the mechs from TF. xD

But she just handed me the TF stuff and told me to pass the manga volume she got to someone I know. I peeked at it. Didn't really like it. :/
Everyone told me the manga is better...well they always say that.
The anime stays pretty close to the manga up to a certain point actually. But I think people normally say the manga's better than the anime, or even that a book is better than the movie, because the adaptations tend to leave out some pretty important things

Battlechili1
03-22-2014, 02:05 AM
Been watching One Piece. I think I'm starting to like it even more than Inuyasha, which was my favorite longrunning action anime for a good while. Its so fun and most of the characters are pretty likable. Plus I think the artwork is gorgeous to look at in HD. (I realize a lot of people don't really like how One Piece looks though. Plus the show moves at a pace that isn't too fast or slow. A lot of shows this long will have events that feel way to long and dragged out, and some move at too fast a pace to really get time to take in anything. The show really hits the mark and gives the viewer a good sense of adventure, and I like it.

I love the animes. Right now the only one I'm watching is Space Dandy, but I'll be watching Attack on Titan next.

Space Dandy is obscenely good. I laugh, I cry, the animation is amazing. That plant episode was pretty high art.

My favorite anime ever must be Outlaw Star or Shirokuma Cafe. Outlaw has such an excellent setting. It's aaaalmost steampunk with lots of mystical elements. And great characters. And Shirokuma Cafe is just so much fun.

However my favorite manga is Trigun, bar none. The anime is OK, but lacks the dramatic punch that the manga brought to the table.

Ah. Space Dandy is fun (though that plant episode was WEIRD man). Bones usually does a great job with animation. As for AOT, I hope you enjoy it. Its a pretty intense show. The English dub should be coming out soon if you wanna watch it in English. Funimation is actually premiering its first episode in English later today at an anime convention.

Outlaw Star is one of my favorite 90s shows. I really like its art style. I'm currently waiting for it to get a bluray release here in the States, now that Funimation has licensed it.

My sister got that loot crate thing because this month was Titan themed. Attack on Titan and Titanfall gear. Little pamphlet was cool. Picture of the AOT guys attacking the mechs from TF. xD

But she just handed me the TF stuff and told me to pass the manga volume she got to someone I know. I peeked at it. Didn't really like it. :/
Everyone told me the manga is better...well they always say that.
I dunno if the manga is better or not as I've not read it, but I have at least heard that the artist for the manga's artwork is pretty ugly. I've seen a little bit of it and I might agree, but I haven't looked at too much of the manga. Is the artwork ugly?
Otherwise, I dunno which is better. Show's artwork is at least probably better.

Kinda funny that AOT TF crossover thing though. I like crossovers like that. They can get anywhere from super cool to really funny.

Speaking of which, for anyone who might be interested:
Ls32eMfGgeg

Damian
03-23-2014, 07:55 PM
One Piece....gorgeous art? Uh.....suuuuure :rolleyes:

Let's see,
Attack on Titan
Paranoia Agent
Masque of the Wolf
Blue Exorcist
Soul Eater
Death Note

a couple others I can't think of at the moment.

SirCoffeecup
03-23-2014, 08:31 PM
One Piece....gorgeous art? Uh.....suuuuure :rolleyes:

Let's see,
Attack on Titan
Paranoia Agent
Masque of the Wolf
Blue Exorcist
Soul Eater
Death Note

a couple others I can't think of at the moment.
I've only seen an episode or two of Paranoia Agent, but it looked interesting and had a good ost.
Look up Jouken Douji, it's my fave from the OST.

QT Melon
03-27-2014, 09:06 AM
I miss Satoshi Kon. I love his stuff.

Battlechili1
04-03-2014, 01:54 AM
Well look what came in the mail a few weeks ago:
http://i.imgur.com/coUvq0l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sUIuQDL.jpg

I bought Blue Submarine No. 6 on Bluray. The 4 episode anime was great and it was gorgeous to look at on Bluray. (though I have heard about smudging affecting it, but I don't know what that is and the show still looked gorgeous).

SirCoffeecup
04-03-2014, 07:55 AM
Well look what came in the mail a few weeks ago:
http://i.imgur.com/coUvq0l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sUIuQDL.jpg

I bought Blue Submarine No. 6 on Bluray. The 4 episode anime was great and it was gorgeous to look at on Bluray. (though I have heard about smudging affecting it, but I don't know what that is and the show still looked gorgeous).
Hey I actually watched this thing twice last week. It was pretty good.

The show could've used far more episodes though. 12 would've been short but passable, but 4 was just disappointing :C
They had to rush the plot so much.

The soundtrack was quite cool. Jazzy with some rock elements in some songs.

sassySloth
05-18-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm about to start watching Hunter x Hunter. I was drawn to it by this character V (obviously) but the animation is great and I'm genuinely interested in it.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130626201238/hunterxhunter/images/8/8a/Welfin_appearence_2011.jpg

But I have to ask if this guy is for real. Codpiece, assless leggings, revealing shirt, flowing locks? I guess the creators are taking it upon themselves to spawn new furries ;)

SirCoffeecup
05-20-2014, 07:19 AM
I'm about to start watching Hunter x Hunter. I was drawn to it by this character V (obviously) but the animation is great and I'm genuinely interested in it.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130626201238/hunterxhunter/images/8/8a/Welfin_appearence_2011.jpg

So I'm looking at this head and all I see is a sergal. All it needs are those ears pointed down and there you go.

On topic, watched AoT again. Still as good as it was before.

Digitalpotato
05-23-2014, 10:26 PM
The other day I saw a DVD with like 18 episodes for only $13.

Amazing how these times have changed - 10 years ago 18 episodes would NOT cost $13. :V WHEN I WAS YOUNG WE HAD $24.99 DVDs WITH FOUR EPISODES EACH! If we wanted an entire series we'd have to buy it one disc at a time with 3-4 episodes each. AND WE LI-well... actually, no. We didn't.

TheMysteriousL
05-23-2014, 11:31 PM
I am almost to Detective Conan episode 100.

So that's like...1/7th percent done.

SirCoffeecup
05-25-2014, 12:53 PM
I have sold my soul and got me a mascot for my battlestation.
http://puu.sh/90JMf.jpg
I guess I can't call others weaboos in a mocking sense anymore :c

sassySloth
05-28-2014, 08:03 PM
My god this Hunter X Hunter show. I've been completely absorbed in it for a week and a half. Has anyone seen it? I'm dying to gush.

I only started watching for the anthros that show up in the last story arc, but my god this show. It's just so intense. I think what's really engrossing about it is how the heroes don't always win. You can rarely tell how a given situation will end up and in the first episodes we learn that death is always an outcome. In most anime you can tell who is important by who is unique in appearance. But in this show they throw lots of unique characters at you so it's not immediately evident who will be important later on.

I can't recommend it enough.

sassySloth
06-10-2014, 06:14 AM
I'm now watching Attack on Titan (which is wonderful) and Dog and Scissors (which is batshit hilarious).

Got caught up on Hunter X Hunter finally, that was an excellent two weeks.

Battlechili1
06-27-2014, 09:46 PM
I recently watched this....very 80s OVA. If you like 80s music its worth a watch. Some of the animation is pretty funny. You can't expect to know what's going on though. I mean I didn't know what was going on while watching it. The dubbing was also pretty bad but...well, here it is:
9uU8YaBqr7E

Also, admittedly I never actually finished the original Fullmetal Alchemist, so I've been watching that. 45 episodes finished. Just a few more to go. Its characters are done REALLY REALLY well, though its a tad slow at times.

Also bought these since I've been getting more and more into the .hack// series. The Another Birth novel is all right. Its a retelling of the first 4 .hack games through BlackRose/Akira's eyes. Legend of the Twilight on the other hand is so far just okay. Its very comedy oriented and a little cutesy. Not bad tho.
http://i.imgur.com/3sdsr8i.jpg

Moogle
06-28-2014, 12:14 AM
^ YESS, .HACK! <3 Oh man, I'm gonna have to check out Another Birth. I've played through 3 of the games, but I've yet to get my hands on the 4th. :cry: Legend of the Twilight I'm in the same boat as ya, it's alright but it's more comedy if anything. Chibis ftw~

I really recommend .Hack//SIGN if you haven't seen it. Pretty slow & more on the talking side than actual fighting, but always kept me hooked!

sassySloth
07-02-2014, 07:25 PM
I finally got around to seeing Attack on Titan. Right away I could see the appeal. It's one of those uplifting "If humans really try they can overcome anything" stories that, despite my misanthropic leanings, always hooks me. It's so super cool.

Character-wise I really liked Annie from the get-go. Armin is a well implemented 'brains' of the group. And Hange I love because she's such a dork for SCIENCE>

Rory
07-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Sassy, I'm a fan of HxH (and also YYH, since it's the same person). Thanks for reminding me that I need to go watch the revamped series.

Anyway, I checked out Soul Eater NOT the last evening and watched it all in one go. Not my normal fare, but it was Soul Eater related so I got through the parts I didn't care about. Always cool to see alternate perspectives... but I'm going to rewatch the main thing now.

sassySloth
07-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Sassy, I'm a fan of HxH (and also YYH, since it's the same person). Thanks for reminding me that I need to go watch the revamped series.You haven't seen the 2011 series? My god. It's my first introduction to HxH and it is - phenomenal - Consistently amazing animation, excellent characters, and really interesting battles.

Give the new series a shot!

Hewge
07-02-2014, 11:58 PM
The only animoo I've ever really liked was Polar Bear Cafe, which sloth-man up there introduced me to. It's still one of my favorite things ever!

sassySloth
07-03-2014, 08:28 AM
The only animoo I've ever really liked was Polar Bear Cafe, which sloth-man up there introduced me to. It's still one of my favorite things ever!Yeah! On a scale from 'Wonderful' to 'Perfect' it is: Awesome.

I still watch it occasionally.

Vae
07-07-2014, 02:42 PM
The Sailor Moon remake is finally out.

I'm not fond of how stiff some of the expressions are, and the use of 3D modelling for the transformation sequences, but it otherwise looks pretty good.

Rory
07-13-2014, 02:01 PM
I've been rewatching/re-reading the Soul Eater anime and manga, and I'm almost done but... holy shit, Excalibur. I can't get his theme song out of my head. Like, I'm cleaning and setting up the apartment before we have guests coming tonight, and I'm just whirling around singing "Excaaaaaliburrrrr! Excaaaaaliburrrrr~! Ex! Cali-bur! *long pause* Excaaaaaliburrrr~ Excaaaaaaliburrrr~"

Someone help me.

Lavence
07-13-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm currently reading Tokyo Ghoul, and also the anime adaptation though there's only two episodes out so far. It's really good, though I like the manga more. I was watching Kill la Kill like a week ago, but somehow lost interest. Same thing for Fushigi Fan Fan Pharmacy, which is a cute 90s anime. I'll get back to watching them eventually.

I don't really have a favorite anime/manga, but if I had to choose it would be Revolutionary Girl Utena. I really loved the duel music.

medacris
07-16-2014, 01:25 AM
Recently Watched (TV): Attack on Titan (still getting through this one)
Recently Watched (Film): Puella Magi Madoka Magicka (compilation films 1 and 2)
Next Up: ...I admittedly have a whole laundry list of anime I've never watched. I'll figure out what I want to start off with once I'm done with AoT. I'm also looking for an anime that focuses on bara men. I don't care if it's heterosexual or gay bara, I just want to know it exists and to watch it.

I'm so behind on anime, and a lot of the anime I've chosen to watch (or am watching with friends) is very morose, but I'm still really glad I'm getting through them, because they're absolutely worth it. Is it pretentious to compare PMMM to Watchmen? I'd never seen it before, but I think it's still a very apt comparison, in terms of tone and its goal as a deconstruction. I got a lot of anime suggestions from friends, and I narrowed it down to a few series that have been finished for awhile, or are at least on hiatus, and am going to start with the ones that sound most interesting to me. A lot of them ended up being magical girl series, haha.

ChitterBox
07-17-2014, 11:52 AM
My most recent watches are Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill, with some Gundam Unicorn, Hajime no Ippo, and Space Dandy thrown in for good measure. I really need to finish Space Dandy.

sassySloth
07-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Did anyone watch the Netflix original Knights of Sidonia? Once you get over the animation (which is impressive at parts) there's a really cool sci-fi series. It's clearly very influenced by Evangelion, but hey Evangelion is awesome too.

Moogle
07-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Little Witch Academia is a great watch, though there's only a 25min episode of it. There's been a kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1311401276/little-witch-academia-2) for a sequal which will be a bit longer; can't wait!

sassySloth
07-28-2014, 06:12 PM
Watching this really cool anime that I guess is based off of a vocoloid music project.
It's called Mekakucity Actors and is sort of like FLCL meets the X-Men.

Very stylish, I love it.

sassySloth
08-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Sorry for the double post but LISTEN.

Digimon is coming back with a continuation of the Adventure series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnqtcBcsPo)!!
That is so fucking cool. I loved Xros Wars (the last season) and this new one will continue with Adventures!

I'm already praying to all the gods Garudamon shows up.

SirCoffeecup
08-01-2014, 07:04 PM
So I've almost finished Dog & Scissors.
This show is so stupid and retarded it's amusing.
The characters are quite shallow though, but since the show doesn't try to be earthshaking it's almost a good thing.

sassySloth
08-01-2014, 07:40 PM
So I've almost finished Dog & Scissors.
This show is so stupid and retarded it's amusing.
The characters are quite shallow though, but since the show doesn't try to be earthshaking it's almost a good thing.That was a fun little show. By the end I was really enjoying the zaniness.

Rory
08-08-2014, 07:21 PM
They put the '11 Hunter x Hunter series subbed on Netflix, 5 seasons worth. Welp, there goes all my time! Also totally fallen in love with Killua again, it's a shame the current manga arc is without him and Gon.

sassySloth
08-08-2014, 10:23 PM
They put the '11 Hunter x Hunter series subbed on Netflix, 5 seasons worth. Welp, there goes all my time! Also totally fallen in love with Killua again, it's a shame the current manga arc is without him and Gon.I saw that. Totally re-wet for Hunter X Hunter. My god that show so good.

Rory
08-09-2014, 01:52 AM
I saw that. Totally re-wet for Hunter X Hunter. My god that show so good.

Omg, Sassy. I was looking at the episodes they have and... and they have the whole evolution thing arc finally. I don't think that got animated with the first series and ovas, I'm terrified and nervous on how they depict it in anime form. Terrified because it creeped me the hell out reading it, that manga goes into some dark places.

Vae
08-09-2014, 04:37 AM
Sorry for the double post but LISTEN.

Digimon is coming back with a continuation of the Adventure series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnqtcBcsPo)!!
That is so fucking cool. I loved Xros Wars (the last season) and this new one will continue with Adventures!

I'm already praying to all the gods Garudamon shows up.
The Adventure series was the only one I actually liked, so this is pretty cool news.

sassySloth
08-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Omg, Sassy. I was looking at the episodes they have and... and they have the whole evolution thing arc finally. I don't think that got animated with the first series and ovas, I'm terrified and nervous on how they depict it in anime form. Terrified because it creeped me the hell out reading it, that manga goes into some dark places.Evolution Arc? You mean the Chimera Ant arc? Netflix doesn't have all of it. It's actually like 70 episodes long (and so goood).

Rory
08-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Evolution Arc? You mean the Chimera Ant arc? Netflix doesn't have all of it. It's actually like 70 episodes long (and so goood).

Nooo, I have to go find the rest!! I'm currently in the Phantom arc, that fight between Kurapika and Uvogin got me so hot. o.@

Bob
08-12-2014, 09:35 PM
I've heard things about Hunter X Hunter. Is it really that good?

I haven't watched much anime lately, but I've been trying to keep caught up on the various manga I read. One Piece was a trip, though now I'm a little burnt out since it takes so long to wait after reading 600+ chapters in less than a month. I really need to get back into Vinland Saga, the art is amazing in that. Just seems slow where I'm at now. Also curious about the new Berserk chapters, was so excited when I saw new chapters were releasing again.

Oh, I also started reading the Baccano! light novels. Not what I expected them to be like, but very good.

Rory
08-12-2014, 09:57 PM
I've heard things about Hunter X Hunter. Is it really that good?

I haven't watched much anime lately, but I've been trying to keep caught up on the various manga I read. One Piece was a trip, though now I'm a little burnt out since it takes so long to wait after reading 600+ chapters in less than a month. I really need to get back into Vinland Saga, the art is amazing in that. Just seems slow where I'm at now. Also curious about the new Berserk chapters, was so excited when I saw new chapters were releasing again.

Oh, I also started reading the Baccano! light novels. Not what I expected them to be like, but very good.

Depends on what you like in a show, but I really respect how the character development is handled, particularly for what we would perceive to be "bad" guys. There's a human element on show that's comparable to the treatment only protagonists get, and it makes things a lot more compelling. Plus I just really love tournament-esque stuff, so both Yu Yu Hakusho (which he also wrote) and HxH fit that well. Law of Ueki was also awesome for this reason.

But yeah, I made the transition from manga to anime awhile back, although I will watch stuff on occasion, like this HxH reboot. So far most things still seem the same, but I'm really enjoying the upped visuals and am stupidly looking forward to seeing the Chimera arc in animation.

Bob
08-12-2014, 10:20 PM
I usually stick with manga since my internet is fairly horrid. I've been thinking of checking it out, might as well add it to my list.

Rory
08-12-2014, 10:36 PM
I usually stick with manga since my internet is fairly horrid. I've been thinking of checking it out, might as well add it to my list.

If you're still around here, lemme know how you like it! Also forgot to mention that Baccano! was pretty awesome to watch. Still have to watch the Durara whatever one.

SirCoffeecup
08-13-2014, 05:24 PM
So I started watching Toaru kagakuno Railgun and finished the first season, I loved how it wasn't focusing on some giant plan all the time, but rather how they started seeing the bigger picture throughout the show.
The pacing was ok and the artist (imo) is amazing with facial expressions.

Then I corked the second season, and I'm 7 episodes in so far.
Holy FUCK did I never think I could get attached to a character that fast...only for my emotions to be utterly destroyed moments later.
This isn't the light hearted show the first season was D:
Maybe that's why it was so shocking.

And I'm talking of Clone 9982, the first MISAKA we see, who got her leg torn off and killed while gripping that gekota badge Misaka gave her.

sassySloth
08-13-2014, 07:51 PM
I've heard things about Hunter X Hunter. Is it really that good?I cannot recommend 2011 HXH enough honestly. What hooked me was how intriguing and unique the challenges faced by the protagonists are. Also the powers in the series, nen, always involve rules so it's not always clear who can beat anyone else. The stakes are always high. It's just fantastic.

I don't want to hype avert you, but I fucking love Hunter X Hunter. Hope you like it.

Nooo, I have to go find the rest!! I'm currently in the Phantom arc, that fight between Kurapika and Uvogin got me so hot. o.@Juss wait until the Chimera Ant arc brings anthros into the mix ;) Anthros and immense tragedy :cry:

Bob
08-15-2014, 05:14 AM
So I've been reading the HxH manga, and it really shows how long ago it started. It's good though so I'm getting through it. Didn't expect the outright violence, not used to seeing that in most of the manga I get around to reading. Was a nice change of pace, I can tell I'm going to have a fun time. Going to work on finding the 2011 anime to watch, maybe I can get a friend into it and use their net to watch it.

Moogle
08-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Spice & Wolf is SO GOOOOD. I've just started reading the manga, though there's a light novel & anime out for it too so I may read/watch those first! :3

Bob
08-18-2014, 06:42 AM
I watched the anime for that and have the light novels sitting around waiting to be read. Gonna dig into those after I get through with Baccano, but it's painful (figuratively) that there will never be a third season. :(

SirCoffeecup
08-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Spice & Wolf is SO GOOOOD. I've just started reading the manga, though there's a light novel & anime out for it too so I may read/watch those first! :3
I enjoyed the show quite thoroughly. None of that action jackson bullshit, but rather business and business ethics with a foxgirl :V

sassySloth
08-18-2014, 06:08 PM
So I've been reading the HxH manga, and it really shows how long ago it started. It's good though so I'm getting through it. Didn't expect the outright violence, not used to seeing that in most of the manga I get around to reading. Was a nice change of pace, I can tell I'm going to have a fun time. Going to work on finding the 2011 anime to watch, maybe I can get a friend into it and use their net to watch it.Yeah. The one thing that really hooked me to HxH is that while it is character driven and exciting it also gets really REALLY dark.

I'm re-watching the first season with my roommates right now (their first time) and I can't believe how dark it gets compared to that. Literally night and day. But it's not like it's just dark and edgy for no reason. There's always a ton of drama and the stakes are always in the open. So good T_T

SirCoffeecup
08-25-2014, 07:50 PM
I watched a short OVA, .hack//quantum or something.
I'm pretty sure Sword Art Online shamelessly stole the plot from this.
I haven't seen SAO, but this damn well fits the description: "people play MMO, get trapped, have to fight to free themselves"

Moogle
08-26-2014, 12:41 AM
How could Sword Art Online steal a plot from something that's released 9 years after it? :P There's been a lot of people who compare the .Hack series & SAO, they were both released in 2002 but they had very different storylines. People were stuck and could die in SAO, whereas in the first .Hack game there was a less chance of danger.

Also, new recommendation for everyone! Serial Experiments Lain~ Freakin sweeeeeeeet :giggle: I can't believe I didn't know about it earlier, it's from 1998! D;

SirCoffeecup
08-26-2014, 05:53 AM
How could Sword Art Online steal a plot from something that's released 9 years after it? :P There's been a lot of people who compare the .Hack series & SAO, they were both released in 2002 but they had very different storylines. People were stuck and could die in SAO, whereas in the first .Hack game there was a less chance of danger.

Also, new recommendation for everyone! Serial Experiments Lain~ Freakin sweeeeeeeet :giggle: I can't believe I didn't know about it earlier, it's from 1998! D;
9years after??
.hack stuff came into being 2002, and sao manga 2009.
.hack quantum was made 2010, and sao anime 2012.
According to wikipedia. Draw your own conclusions on who copied who

I've heard of Lain was pretty good, as well as steins gate. Now that I've nothing to watch, might was well give them a go

Getta
08-26-2014, 09:12 AM
MMOs have become a big deal in the past ten years, it's not surprising more stories are popping up revolving around the idea of people being trapped in a virtual world. There's also Excel World and Log Horizon.

"Trapped in an MMO" might have felt like a new idea when .Hack did it (even though that's basically the premise of TRON, too and I've been reading stories around this idea since at least the 90's), but it's a very basic premise that's only going to become more common as people who grew up with MMOs being commonplace start getting jobs writing comics and tv shows.

Moogle
08-26-2014, 12:45 PM
9years after??
.hack stuff came into being 2002, and sao manga 2009.
.hack quantum was made 2010, and sao anime 2012.
According to wikipedia. Draw your own conclusions on who copied who

I've heard of Lain was pretty good, as well as steins gate. Now that I've nothing to watch, might was well give them a go

The original medium for SAO was a light novel released in 2002 as well. 2002 - 2010 (.Hack Quantum) = 8 yrs, sorry I had seen the manga was released in 2011, forgot about the OVA. :3

Steins;Gate is definitely worth the watch, however I found the visual novel to explain much more than the anime did.

Bob
08-26-2014, 01:16 PM
I've been reading this manga over the last few days called Ajin. I read some reviews on it and saw some praise for the art and criticism for the main character, but the concept interested me so I gave it a shot. In short, it's very enjoyable so far. 22 chapters in and the ride has been quite exciting with many places the plot can go. I am cautious of disappointment though, it can come in from nowhere at a moments notice, especially so early (I hope early) in the story, but from what I've seen so far I think this manga is going to deliver the goods.

no_really
08-30-2014, 09:20 PM
i have a general to-watch list of animoos and to-read list of mangos that are just all of the basic classics.

but one day while looking on youtube for vidya crap i found an absolutely amazing animu that you all need to watch. please. watch the whole thing. i'm on ep 28 and just wow. whoever thought that this show was going to be so utterly amazing???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc0HBovKd18

you know you can't go wrong with a theme like that.

warning: you might want to watch the second half of season 2 in private.

Owleyes
08-31-2014, 06:17 PM
Started Attack on Titan last night, got 10 episodes in

I never bothered to try to go and watch it and didnt really care enough to look into it, and then it was the only thing on TV at the time and suddenly it grabs my attention
Go figure

SirCoffeecup
08-31-2014, 06:47 PM
Started Attack on Titan last night, got 10 episodes in

I never bothered to try to go and watch it and didnt really care enough to look into it, and then it was the only thing on TV at the time and suddenly it grabs my attention
Go figure
I used to think it was mainstream garbage. Then I gave it a watch and started thinking maybe there was a reason it got so popular: it simply is good.

Owleyes
08-31-2014, 08:51 PM
I used to think it was mainstream garbage. Then I gave it a watch and started thinking maybe there was a reason it got so popular: it simply is good.

Didn't really care so much about the "mainstream garbage" thing, it was mostly "meh, I don't really care enough to check it out"

Nattles
09-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Attack on Titan was pretty decent! Jean and Mikasa were my favorite characters, and I liked a lot of the supporting characters in the manga as well. I also appreciated the way the anime paced some things better than the manga, especially in the first few episodes. Unfortunately the anime began to lag, and some episodes were far slower than I would have liked (like the couple of episodes where they reclaimed Trost). I stopped not long after that, though I kept reading the manga. The manga itself has also stalled out, unfortunately. I wouldn't call it "bad," but the plot is definitely not moving in a direction that interests me.

I also read the Claymore updates pretty regularly, and after stagnating for over three years or so, the manga caught my attention again in the last few months.

sassySloth
09-04-2014, 05:38 PM
I used to think it was mainstream garbage. Then I gave it a watch and started thinking maybe there was a reason it got so popular: it simply is good.I thought the same thing before I saw it. I was won over once I saw how horrifying it is.

I have a theory that the fact the characters are all kinds of nationalities helped AoT become popular. Hell half the main cast are Aryan. Probably makes it easier for the non-anime watchers to be like "Yeah I'll give it a shot." Just a thought.

Owleyes
09-04-2014, 07:13 PM
I decided to check out my University's anime club for kicks the other day, where they were watching like 3 animes
I think they were called D-Frag, Realist and Demons, and something something Irregular Magic School or something

D-Frag was kinda entertaining

sassySloth
10-09-2014, 06:04 PM
I just finished this super awesome and gay anime called DRAMAtical Murder. It's based off a M/M dating sim which I did not know when I started it.

But it's really cool. I like the setting, the music is really good, and the cliffhangers are pretty legit. Also ... such boy, very cute wow.

twisty
10-09-2014, 10:17 PM
i have started to watch space dandy.

damn this show is groovy as fuck.

ShadWolf
10-10-2014, 03:02 AM
Moved and merged your thread with an existing one, ShadWolf.
I never saw this thread before :0

Lol Shad, you've been trying hard with making new threads for discussion. :P I've more or less lost my burning interest in anime as the years go by, and in turn I've become far more interested in keeping up with manga. I got pretty disillusioned by how much is lost and/or gets changed in the animation process, so I prefer reading the original source when that's the case (though it's not for the crazy beautiful stuff that people like Makoto Shinkai do). I haven't watched a new series in many years, although I do still like rewatching older stuff. Over the last half year, I checked out Darker than Black, rewatched FMA: Brotherhood, and have plans to go through Mushi-Shi again in celebration of there being more.

Manga's another story, but right now I'm following Doubutsu no Kuni (which is going to end with the upcoming last volume), stuff from Mizukami Satoshi (like Biscuit Hammer, which is sadly done), Kuroko's Basketball, the two big Korean manhwa Noblesse and Tower of God, and Silver Spoon (farming school manga done by FMA's mangaka).

Trying hard? Uh nope, just getting something interesting going sinceI didn't see any discussions on this. :0

I currently read Pokémon Adventures magna, I'm reading Black and White Arc at the moment. As for Anime, I'm watching M3, Kill La Kill, Naruto Shippuden, and One Piece.

Moogle
10-14-2014, 01:44 PM
GGO (SAO's 3rd arc - second season) finally finished (time to wait for Caliber & Mother Rosario!). Wasn't too impressed with how they adapted the last half of the light novel, honestly it was mainly the random ass-shots that did it in.. especially at the more serious parts. Well, onto the new (last ;o) season of Korra & FATE STAY NIGHT - UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS! :D I flippin' love Ufotable's animation, and to find out that they're animating my favourite visual novel is such great news. The best part about it is they did Fate/Zero so it's more or less directly linked to that now.

/animerant

Harbinger
10-14-2014, 05:01 PM
In the past month i think i've watched Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann, and Space Dandy, all were awesome, the first two, holy shit you cant get more hype than that. Before then i watched Attack on Titan and Spice and wolf. Seen a couple movies aswell if they count, Wolf Children Ami and Yuki, Spirited away, Princess Monoke to name a few. Really want to watch FMA but i dont know where to :/

i have started to watch space dandy.

damn this show is groovy as fuck.

Be prepared to die a lil on the inside come episode 8 i think, whichever one has the dog on the scrap planet.

WolfNightV4X1
10-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Soul Eater and Wolf's rain. And death note. And I just started blue exorcist. Edit: Oh and Ouran and Fruits basket

As for the mango I only read this one called Mar/Mar awakens romance and personally I really liked it.
But my guilty pleasure manga is chobits, besides being a mushy mess of romance it's got an interesting moral and thought to the 'what if' scenario if persecoms were sentient...so it really was more than just slightly perverted x3

Kaluna
10-17-2014, 05:18 AM
I just started Ginga Densetsu Weed....I'm three episodes in and I'm already really into the story and compelled to keep watching, but the animation is crap....like they have no idea how dog faces work at all. And the mouths are always open and sometimes move when they're talking, sometimes they just hang open.....other than that I really like the characters and the story.

sassySloth
10-17-2014, 06:20 AM
I'm giving Log Horizon a shot, but it's not really gripping me. Maybe it changes later, but I don't like the fact that there don't seem to be many repercussions for death. They'll just respawn so it's hard to build drama. The character designs are kind of nice, Nyanta the cat swashbuckler is great obviously.

WolfNightV4X1
10-17-2014, 05:11 PM
I just started Ginga Densetsu Weed....I'm three episodes in and I'm already really into the story and compelled to keep watching, but the animation is crap....like they have no idea how dog faces work at all. And the mouths are always open and sometimes move when they're talking, sometimes they just hang open.....other than that I really like the characters and the story.

The prequel Something something Gin was even worse...bad 80's/90's animation and I couldnt get into it. Weed was actually decent in comparison so I was able to get about 5 episodes in.

sassySloth
10-30-2014, 07:08 PM
I started watching Maoyu which is pretty dank. There's a war between humans and demons. The Demon King and Humanity's greatest hero team up to find a way to peacefully end the war.

It sounds so stereotypical, but it takes a novel approach to the premise. Plus the romance bits are too cute.

Moogle
12-16-2014, 06:00 AM
Been reading the manga Bloody Cross recently. It's alright, I still need to get further in to really judge it. Got to do with angels & vampires - the mc's got a curse which needs to be lifted by drinking the blood of a full "demon" (I think) or something. I was more or less looking for a cute but thought out romance type but with an actual story and somehow came across this.. xD

Moogle
01-06-2015, 12:25 AM
^Turns out Bloody Cross was bloody terrible, as I thought. D: Ah well.. Finished Valkyria Chronicles (http://myanimelist.net/anime/5507/Senjou_no_Valkyria:_Gallian_Chronicles) a few days ago, it was alright given that it was originally a game (which I'm currently playing & getting loads of game overs at XD). Also watched Patema Inverted (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQZAXLAV63s), was so flippin' awesome! I only wish it had been longer, feels like it left a lot up in the air at the end.

Moogle
01-12-2015, 12:40 AM
GUYSS@@@WAH THEY'RE CONTINUING THE ORIGINAL DIGIMON SERIES!

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/digimon/237933/more-artwork-revealed-for-new-digimon-series

http://cdn1.denofgeek.us/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/digimon.jpg?itok=1QeFuKAs

I'M DED :cry:

Oh also, I just started getting into Ghost in a Shell.. how the hell did it take me so long to SEE THISSS?

Krespo
01-12-2015, 03:19 AM
More excited than I care to admit for that. The nostalgia factor is strong! Please excuse me while I vibrate slowly.

Agitoho
01-28-2015, 02:48 PM
GUYSS@@@WAH THEY'RE CONTINUING THE ORIGINAL DIGIMON SERIES!

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/digimon/237933/more-artwork-revealed-for-new-digimon-series

http://cdn1.denofgeek.us/sites/denofgeekus/files/styles/insert_main_wide_image/public/digimon.jpg?itok=1QeFuKAs

I was in awe when I saw this. Just straight up AWE. And then my husband came over and was like "Kinda looks like the art from the guys who did Summer Wars" and I was like SQUEEEEEE HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!?

But back to the topic at hand, I read A LOT of manga, so I'll just sum up the ones I'm most excited about: Air Gear, DOGS: Bullets and Carnage, Loveless, Haganai, Are You Alice? and D. Gray-Man.

My husband and I have a whole stack of anime to get through. I think the next thing we're gonna watch is Michiko and Hatchin.

Moogle
01-29-2015, 06:55 AM
I was in awe when I saw this. Just straight up AWE. And then my husband came over and was like "Kinda looks like the art from the guys who did Summer Wars" and I was like SQUEEEEEE HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!?

I wouldn't be surprised, there's a thin line tying the two together (https://actar.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/summer-wars-versus-the-second-digimon-movie/)! I'll have to keep my eye out for any new info, it'd be nice to know which company would be animating it beforehand.

Agitoho
02-02-2015, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't be surprised, there's a thin line tying the two together (https://actar.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/summer-wars-versus-the-second-digimon-movie/)! I'll have to keep my eye out for any new info, it'd be nice to know which company would be animating it beforehand.

This was a really interesting read. I didn't know the two movies had the same director, so to me, the similarities make sense. It's a premise he was already familiar with, so of course the movies look similar. At the same time though, that doesn't discredit how FLIPPING AMAZING SUMMER WARS WAS! ..... I'm sorry I keep fangirling like that. Anyway *clears throat* I wouldn't say it's necessarily plagiarism, just a guy working on a concept that he seems to love.

Battlechili1
02-16-2015, 04:51 AM
Been watching The Eccentric Family, Love Bullet, and Durarara!!x2 Shou.
DRRR!! 2 is just as good as the first season, Love Bullet is weird as heck and The Eccentric Family is a barrelfull of comedy, loving family moments, and drama.
I found an actually not fuck awful anime called Denno Coil. It's a little slow, but it's enjoyable enough.I heard of this one! I've always been told its really good but I never really knew anything about it except that it involved technology to some degree. Glad to hear its entertaining.

Agitoho
02-18-2015, 12:26 PM
Finished the first part of Machiko and Hatchin. It's great. The characters are really fun and unique, the story is interesting and the art is really nice. I can't say much more because it's only the first part of the series and unfortunately I had a tourny to run during the last few episodes, but those first few episodes got me super invested in the story.

Also finished up Witch Craft Works and Another two or three weeks ago. I went into Witch Craft hoping that the witches wouldn't be portrayed as straight up evil and wasn't disappointed. Despite the fact that things get pretty heavy from time to time, there's just enough comedy to keep the tone more or less lighthearted. The main group of Tower Witches is great. Their antics are so entertaining.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Another. All I can say is thank you for screwing with my feels, Another. If you like creepy stuff and people dying brutally, go watch it. I'm not sure what I expected going into it, but it was not that.

The only thing left of my queue now is Girls' Monthly's Nozoki-kun. It's a lighthearted love story/slice of life that for some reason makes me think of The Circumstances of my Bath Tub....(I think that's right. It's about a merman living in bathtub).

We're also getting ready to watch Lupin III: Fujiko Mine. I am looking forward to dat art style.

Matt Conner
02-21-2015, 08:31 PM
JoJo's Bizzare Adventure

That is all

Moogle
03-25-2015, 01:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

This guy did all the animation an such himself.. holy sheeeet. :cry: So good!

QT Melon
03-25-2015, 10:34 PM
The ones I loved so far are the following

Assassination Classroom - Hilarious stuff

Seven Deadly Sins - Great fantasy series even has a giantess in it and doesn't have much filler

Death Parade - JUST WATCH IT

Your Lie in April - THE FEELS

QT Melon
04-04-2015, 12:53 PM
Currently watching 12 Kingdoms, this anime came out quite a while ago and became the influence of other series like Elder Scrolls and Pirates of the Carribean. It borrowed or was influenced by some of the sound of this show.

3iPaj4XqAW0

I wasn't sure where it was going and was outright frustrated by the behavior of a lot of the main characters, but one particular character of the show really saves it, and eventually causes other characters to grow and develop.

Rakushuun is a very awesome character

http://sp7.fotolog.com/photo/39/50/100/ling_tong/1272414604448_f.jpg

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/12kingdoms/images/1/12/Rakushun_Kit_1.png

Moogle
04-05-2015, 02:36 AM
^Definitely on my watch list, that illustration looks too freakin' cute to say no to!

So, Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blades Works has just started up again for its second season. Ufotable never ceases to amaze me with their animation - the opening alone is so well done (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfQ_HuqjBV0)! Time to wait weekly for new eps again. :cry:

QT Melon
04-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Intense cooking show ever.

http://animeroom.tv/Shokugeki-no-Souma-episode-1

(also yes that is Kirito's voice actor from SAO)

Krespo
04-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Not sure if it belongs here, but I just found Batman of Shanghai. It's a three part animated short (with Batman!) set in 1930s Shanghai. Worth a watch for the visuals alone. That Catwoman design is so cool.

QT Melon
04-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Not sure if it belongs here, but I just found Batman of Shanghai. It's a three part animated short (with Batman!) set in 1930s Shanghai. Worth a watch for the visuals alone. That Catwoman design is so cool.

Yeah that animation company Wolf Smoke is really cool https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfSomke/videos

They also did this short on Kung Fu Cooking girls

Just a warning there's a bit of a nip slip and some suggestiveness if you watch the HD version linked in their youtube comment

But the Youtube one should have eliminated it.

fY9Kndy0ZMs

Warning it also might cause hunger.

Damian
06-29-2015, 11:08 AM
I discovered two manga that i want to get in to.
"Wolf Children Ame and Yuki" and "Parasyte". The first looks outstandingly adorable and the second is a lot more gory. It reminds me of Animorphs without the animal morphing kids. It's the alien infested people that turn into some monster creatures and attack other people.

Albino Axolotl
08-24-2015, 11:44 PM
Recently reading Magi.

QT Melon
08-31-2015, 04:26 PM
I have been watching the following

GATE - I love when worlds crossover and this one has such a nice charm to it and even points to some political issues today.

Gangsta - The style of this anime is pretty interesting, also one of the main characters is deaf so it's interesting to see what the author is putting into this.

Charlotte - Same group that did Angel Beats, this one is keeping me interested. Basically a something like. "Heroes" anime

Arslan Senki - Heroic Legend of Arslan, happy to see this getting a longer adaptation than the OAVs I saw long ago and same animation design for Full Metal Alchmist

Food Wars - It's just so wonderful and makes me hungry.

Monster Musume - it's funny enough though I'm not gonna lie I get tired of the harem formula rather quickly. I just like seeing quirky designs like a Cyclops girl and such.

Gakkou Gurashi - I don't want to spoil this one, just watch the entirety of the first episode if you can without someone spoiling for you.

Ushio no Tora - another one I'm happy to see expanded into a TV series, watched the OAVs back int he day

Shimoneta - (A boring World where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist) - this one often has hit the tumblr a lot, but it is very hilarious like B Gata H Kei

My wife is the Student Council President - 8 minute episodes that also hit the ranchy hilarious anime.

dischimera
09-02-2015, 08:10 PM
I started Ushio to Tora too. Really old-fashioned. I like it. I know the manga is old which is why the anime is old-fashioned to begin with but eh, who cares, it's great. I don't like most of the modern trends anyway.

Rin-ne is another. It's old fashioned in a different sense. It's like those 90s light-hearted Koukou anime. I started getting overwhelmed with so many pretentious anime and appreciate some very silly, simple stories like this one to take a break from the other stuff.

Shokugeki no Souma was interesting but I stopped after the second episode, for now. It's hard to find time I'm with full stomach, to sit and watch... The fanservice really bothered me though.

Level-E. I LOVE THIS ANIME! I love Hunter x Hunter but I wish Togashi would do more short manga like this. I fucking love that prince! Normally androgynous characters piss me off but he's such an awesome character! The Color Rangers song got stuck in my head.

Last one I think is Kekkai Sensen. In the first episode I thought it was going to be another pretentious anime, but it doesn't seem to take itself that seriously. Pretty fun so far. I'm on episode 7.

I dropped Monster Musume (the manga, I had no idea about the anime) when they started adding some real disturbing shit like a freaking Spider girl. Spiders creep me out, so I really couldn't bear it. I thought Miia was adorable though.

Moogle
09-04-2015, 08:19 PM
The live action film of Attack on Titan is now out (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InF16sp7J0M)

I turned it off after like.. 10 minutes? They're all the same race, so I guess Mikasa's no longer special. :(:(:( Ah well, didn't have much hope for it anyways.

Mikazuki Marazhu
09-05-2015, 12:30 AM
I haven't watched anime for the longest time

Samurai X
Vandread
Grander Musashi
Cooking Masterboy
Voltes V
Daynamos
Attack on Titans
Spirited away
Totoro
Moving Castle
Pokemon
XXXholic
Lucky Star
Gokusen
Digimon

For someone who lived in Japan for a good number of times... I don't watch anime like normal people does.

maugryph
09-05-2015, 12:57 AM
For someone who lived in Japan for a good number of times... I don't watch anime like normal people does.

Do you watch them hanging upside down from your fan?

Mikazuki Marazhu
09-05-2015, 01:05 AM
Do you watch them hanging upside down from your fan?

My eyes deviates towards the nearest hot dude.

Moogle
09-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Friend just sent me this, I've never been more happy!

oDgvdijP2qY

The only reason to watch anime~

Pignog
09-11-2015, 11:56 PM
The live action film of Attack on Titan is now out (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InF16sp7J0M)

I turned it off after like.. 10 minutes? They're all the same race, so I guess Mikasa's no longer special. :(:(:( Ah well, didn't have much hope for it anyways.

I always thought her being ~~~the last asian~~~ was silly in the manga but if there's no diversity in the movie that's yet another point against it. Some people in dods tonight were ripping it apart.

Y'all should watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

I found an actually not fuck awful anime called Denno Coil. It's a little slow, but it's enjoyable enough.

You've probably finished it but if the weird technology changing the world aspect was your thing you might also like Kaiba. It takes place in the far future where people can pop their memories into chips and insert them into new bodies. The animation in it is gorgeous and it's only like 11 episodes long iirc.

Viciviser
09-12-2015, 01:06 AM
I have a dork of a friend who wouldn't stop talking about One Piece until I started watching it. He did the same with Soul Eater.
Both of which have been really hard anime for me to swallow. I've seen all of Soul Eater and it was okay. The parts involving the Kishin were the best.

One Piece will be a monumental groan fest for me since it has a bajillion episodes and I'm only in the 30s, but my friend assures it will be worth it should I get into the later seasons. Eh..

Anyway, I love a lot of the older ones such as:

Trigun - Cool ideas and setting. Very structured show.
Tenchi Muyo! - Hilarious and a little annoying now and again. One of the few harem shows I like a lot.
Blue Gender - messed up. But good.
Cowboy Bebop has to be one of my all-time favorites!
Fooly Cooly! or FLCL is a favorite of mine. Insane, but awesome.
Ruroni Kenshin - One actually driven by the protagonist in a powerful way.
Blue Submarine No. 6 - Mesmerizing show back in the day. I liked its angle.
Record of Lodoss War - High fantasy anime? Yes please.
I watched a lot of Dragon Ball Z but I have such mixed feelings about the show. I tend to hate all the ego-inflating monologues and dramatic dust clouds with people twitching and gasping and wondering if someone is dead. And the power ups...
Fruits Basket - I like the premise and cursed family
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - interesting urban fantasy sic-fi blend.

Some newer ones:

Madoka Magica - It was alright. Too predictable, but I liked how it played out. Kinda touching too.
Mushi Shi - wonderful stories. Enigmatic main character.
Attack on Titan - I liked it enough to watch all of it so far. But I'm still not certain of it. I like how brutal it is.
Death Parade - Dramatic, but not so much in a bad way with this one. Morbid and good storytelling.

Movies:

Ninja Scroll - Dude is badass
Akira - So messed up but so cool too.
Dead Leaves - random movie I found randomly and it was pretty epic for being so out there.
Anything by Miyazaki. I love everything he makes. Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, etc.

dischimera
09-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Not trying to argue against your friend but I watched close to 200 episodes of One Piece. So far, I thought it wasn't that great. It had its moments, but I'd say 4/5 of the episodes were either boring or embarrassing.
The arcs are extremely repetitive, the drama is really forced, and every one of the arcs seemed to have these long borefests before Luffy screams the main villain's name and the final battle begins.. which usually involves Luffy surprising the guy, then being a punching bag for 3~4 episodes, then doing something crazy/funny in the process of getting back at him.
Then there's the constant "MY NAKAMAAA" in the anime. It seems to be repeated even more often than in Saint Seiya.

Luffy is supposed to be funny but half the time the jokes are the same. Someone is explaining something to Luffy, the camera changes and the guy is going hay r you listen to me!!!!!!! while Luffy is shown doing something else. It got old after the 3rd time they did it. There's also the predictable "Oh noes bad guy is here let's be polite to him" turn abouts. Yep... Luffy is about to do the opposite 'cause he's so unpredictable lel.

Before I begun my friends told me it would get good at episode 50. It didn't. So they told me it would get better at episode 150. It didn't. Then they told me it would get better once I was done with the next arc two arcs from where I stopped... So at this point I decided I won't bother with One Piece unless I have nothing else to watch or do.
I also hated the news the author meant to finish the series earlier, gladly accepted to stretch it, and bullshits about already having the conclusion set. I seriously doubt he has any real idea what he should do about the One Piece itself at this point, just because the expectations are beyond infinity thanks to 1000+ chapters of story.

Damian
09-22-2015, 08:56 PM

They kill off Mikasa anyway. Was pretty pissed

Viciviser
09-22-2015, 09:45 PM
Not trying to argue against your friend but I watched close to 200 episodes of One Piece. So far, I thought it wasn't that great. It had its moments, but I'd say 4/5 of the episodes were either boring or embarrassing.
The arcs are extremely repetitive, the drama is really forced, and every one of the arcs seemed to have these long borefests before Luffy screams the main villain's name and the final battle begins.. which usually involves Luffy surprising the guy, then being a punching bag for 3~4 episodes, then doing something crazy/funny in the process of getting back at him.
Then there's the constant "MY NAKAMAAA" in the anime. It seems to be repeated even more often than in Saint Seiya.

Luffy is supposed to be funny but half the time the jokes are the same. Someone is explaining something to Luffy, the camera changes and the guy is going hay r you listen to me!!!!!!! while Luffy is shown doing something else. It got old after the 3rd time they did it. There's also the predictable "Oh noes bad guy is here let's be polite to him" turn abouts. Yep... Luffy is about to do the opposite 'cause he's so unpredictable lel.

Before I begun my friends told me it would get good at episode 50. It didn't. So they told me it would get better at episode 150. It didn't. Then they told me it would get better once I was done with the next arc two arcs from where I stopped... So at this point I decided I won't bother with One Piece unless I have nothing else to watch or do.
I also hated the news the author meant to finish the series earlier, gladly accepted to stretch it, and bullshits about already having the conclusion set. I seriously doubt he has any real idea what he should do about the One Piece itself at this point, just because the expectations are beyond infinity thanks to 1000+ chapters of story.

I think the only reason I'm going to bother watching much more of it is to see some character development and finally get to see Tony Tony Chopper. I can appreciate some shows for being... tropish and silly. Just not sure if this is one. The "boss" battles have been getting on my nerves already so I'm not sure how long I'm going to last with this one. Captain Kuro was terrible and made me feel badly for liking cats. How dare he. At least Soul Eater was a shorter series. (Black Star AKA Narutard reject needs to die in a fire and stay dead forever.)

And please, argue and make offense against my friend. Please. He deserves it. He just wants to fangirl while having a friend know what the hell he's talking about. What does he fangirl over? Being a pervert about cartoon characters.

Albino Axolotl
10-12-2015, 11:29 PM
I've been watching this crazy ass anime titled Gantz. It's actually really good once you get past the fanservice and the gore.