PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else practice tarot cards? If not, would you like a free reading?

AquinGator
07-30-2013, 07:18 PM
I am looking to get better at understanding the cards as well as my own energies when working with them. This is not just a spiritual practice for me but also a bit of a hobby.

So i am posting an interesting offer for Weasyl members and those active on the forums.

If you would like a reading, ask me a simple question with a specific time frame. Meditate a little and focus your energy when typing it out.

These are totally free, and you will be helping me learn to use my new Book of Shadows Deck. This is an interesting deck in that instead of the traditional Cups, Spades, Hearts and Diamonds suits, it changes them to Earth, Air, Fire and Water.

Please do not expect an immediate response, as i cross offer this on FA via my journals there on occasion.

Allow me one day per each response, sometimes longer if i have a busy work week.

I do not claim to be psychic, this is really just for fun and again its free. Hope this is alright to post.

Damian
07-30-2013, 08:27 PM
What constitutes as a simple question? I'm just asking because I'm interested in tarot card readings and how they work 'n such

AquinGator
07-30-2013, 09:11 PM
What constitutes as a simple question? I'm just asking because I'm interested in tarot card readings and how they work 'n such

Basically something comprised of a single question, sometimes people try to ask the tarot multiple things in one question that confuse the cards or cannot be awnsered with one reading.

Like:

What should i look for in the next few months?

What is my financial out look for the next month?

What is my love life like in the next couple weeks?

How should i handle the situation i am in?

etc.

Hope that helps you.

CappySeagoat
08-06-2013, 05:12 AM
oh, wow neat!! ive been using tarot cards myself (for about a few years now) and theyre really interesting!

for practice, i suggest asking it some of your own questions; tarot works for the readers too, and its pretty much all i use mine for. ive noticed the lack of experience doesnt make very accurate readings, so some self-practice is a good way to start.

another thing, if i may ask, what kind of spread are you using? it sounds like you use a simpler one (which is a good starter id think!)
i personally use the celtic cross spread myself, and i say that because its actually what i learned first :0

Toshabi
08-08-2013, 01:59 PM
I played a game of solitaire with tarot cards once. Shortly after, I found 100 pigeons lying dead in my backyard on top of a hobo.

AquinGator
08-08-2013, 08:17 PM
oh, wow neat!! ive been using tarot cards myself (for about a few years now) and theyre really interesting!

for practice, i suggest asking it some of your own questions; tarot works for the readers too, and its pretty much all i use mine for. ive noticed the lack of experience doesnt make very accurate readings, so some self-practice is a good way to start.

another thing, if i may ask, what kind of spread are you using? it sounds like you use a simpler one (which is a good starter id think!)
i personally use the celtic cross spread myself, and i say that because its actually what i learned first :0

I am using the Book of Shadows (whatever the first part is) tarot deck and i use a Past Present Future spread, i find i get the most info out of it. Nice to find another reader here. Celtic Cross is a little to detailed for me and it sometimes has confusing answers. PPF is more direct i think.

saoren
09-04-2013, 12:57 AM
sure why not :3
im not really sure what to ask though.

i guess im somewhat new to this site in general so how about - within the next week will i meet anyone interesting online?

Ouiji
09-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Alrighty, I'll join in on the fun. What should I focus on this month?

Luis0813
09-12-2013, 06:47 AM
sure why not :3
im not really sure what to ask though.

i guess im somewhat new to this site in general so how about - within the next week will i meet anyone interesting online?

Hi all !

Asking the right types of questions can make or break a good Tarot reading.

So what constitutes a good question?

The best questions are those that elicit information to empower you to make the best decisions for yourself or situation. They focus on what you can influence or change in a positive and constructive way.

Good questions are often open-ended, providing ‘space’ to explore different options and possibilities. But they are also detailed and specific, allowing focus and direction.

Good questions focus on yourself rather than others. They create a feeling of responsibility and accountability, reinforcing that you have free will and can indeed shape your own destiny.

Ryia
09-13-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm still learning to use mine as well. Only question I can think of is.... Will we be able to have our wedding when we scheduled it?

catwithpen
11-03-2013, 03:22 PM
i use a Past Present Future spread, i find i get the most info out of it. Nice to find another reader here. Celtic Cross is a little to detailed for me and it sometimes has confusing answers. PPF is more direct i think.

I don't use tarot myself, but I work with runes. I also use a past present future spread, as the more complex layouts are often kind of confusing and hard to decipher. I've been wanting to practice more too, as I don't have a lot of experience at this point, but I can't think of good questions to ask. My questions are either too complicated, or things that I already know the answer to if I just think about it. The example questions you posted are helpful; I will try a couple of those.

And since I'm here, I will take you up on that offer :) What should i look for in the next few months?

Aakosir
11-07-2013, 10:54 PM
I have an Egyptian deck right now and had one of the original decks a while ago. I wish I still had that one. I forget the names, but it's the full deck. It's been a while since I've done anything with them though. I have a file with the different spreads and how to read them. I'd share, but don't know how.

catwithpen
11-13-2013, 10:42 AM
You mean how to share the file? You could put it up on google docs and post a link here. I guess it's called google drive now; same thing.