PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Add a deactivate button

EvilLugiaXD
05-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Reason why?

I don't want to be a member anymore. Keep the five dollars, that is the only thing you getting from me.

I recognize a greed base site when I see one. The community is usually poor and people usually go for the popular artist over the new ones.

Bond cut...

Deactivation is necessary to prevent fights.... :mad:

KumatoraKazooie
05-26-2013, 12:14 PM
The community is usually poor and people usually go for the popular artist over the new ones.

That's pretty much every art site, unfortunately, so deal with it.

EvilLugiaXD
05-27-2013, 12:08 AM
Furaffinity and DeviantArt have one. Unfortunately there are always troublesome people that are unless to any conversation. Example above.

MapleTerror
05-27-2013, 12:37 AM
I don't think getting yourself banned will give the "deactivation" you're looking for...

You could of simply pm'ed a forum mod or admin and kindly asked them to deactivate your account.
(like any other forum)

You do realize Weasyl is still under-construction, and the community is still relatively new?
(Not to insist that you would care)

Lastly take that a-hole attitude with you, I'm sure you'll go far in life with it. ;)

EvilLugiaXD
05-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Statement not very effective.

Anyone else want to discuss this button?

MapleTerror
05-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Unfortunately there are always troublesome people that are *useless to any conversation. Example above.

I love quotes... :rolleyes:

Ibuuyk
05-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Statement not very effective.

Anyone else want to discuss this button?

Ehhhh nope. Sorry but I'm pretty sure nobody cares about a "deactivation button". In most sites I've been to, you have to send an email to the support team and the most they'll do is reply "Just let your account collect dust, leave and go pollute another site with your bigoted attitude". In a few sites, there's that one "suspend" button that you can click when you go on vacation for two weeks or however long you want to. It does absolutely nothing other than giving you the placebo effect that it magically erases you from reality while you go fap to golden-showered raccoons. (the frontpage's pretty weird this evening, huh?)

You can just do what most do. If you get tired of the site, don't whine about it. Just... leave. There's no need to delete your account, I'm sure nobody will miss the brilliantly original nickname that is "EvilLugiaXD". After all, I'm sure "DarkLugiaXD" and "ShadowLugiaXD" are still available.

Ibuuyk out and back to watching a marathon of Nostalgia Critic while drinking wine.

Fay V
05-28-2013, 12:52 AM
Stop the snark people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if someone doesn't like the site and thinks we're all idiots that's fine. In the end it doesn't matter that much. It doesn't help to get snarky.

As for a deactivation button. To completely delete an account with the click of a button is not a very good idea. While we have a secure site, that does not say that everyone operates in a secure manner and the ease of a button is negated when the one poor user gets an angry ex on their account and the account is deleted. So no to that idea. It may be possible in the future to code a button that hides information on a profile for whatever reason.
Like it was said above we're in beta and this isn't really a top priority because the function is possible. If you want to deactivate your account please email support@weasyl.com. and we will be happy to comply as best we can.