PDA

View Full Version : [FORUM] I really like Weasyl

FishNChips
07-30-2012, 07:52 PM
I just wanted to say it. The mainsite isn't even up, the forum has only recently started, and I love it loads here already, aaaaa-

It all feels rather homely. There's no people causing drama or shitting on each other, there's some intelligent discussion here and there, there's plenty of fun, there's very involved mods and admins, there's no tightly closed-up cliques, there's nobody constantly making stupid threads about mundane topics like people being stupid on Facebook, everyone's generally quite friendly and a lot of people seem to becoming together, I've had help with my art, we've all had fun with sharing art, the place is a lot more open, there's nobody treating furfaggotry as taboo, there's no Rants, no Raves, no hivemind, eeee.

This is just graite.

I feel like I'm gonna be spending a lot of time here. I'm not going to be quitting FA or FAF, but I'm definitely going to be spending a lot more time here than there.

What about you guys? How do you feel about this site so far? :>

Aetius
07-30-2012, 07:56 PM
So far I like how this forum is going, seems better than some of the places that I used to go to. Hopefully it stays on the positive path.

FishNChips
07-30-2012, 07:59 PM
So far I like how this forum is going, seems better than some of the places that I used to go to. Hopefully it stays on the positive path.

yupyupyupyupyup

I think one of the major contributing factors is the lack of R&R. There's going to be far less topics made on this site that make people learn to hate each other. I doubt there's going to be much in the way of political/religious/morality discussions here. Maybe some, but not much. In my opinion, FAF managed to become a little too serious. Here, while you have to adhere to the rules, there's a little bit of freedom for you to be your own person. Over there I felt a little too forced into a certain attitude at times...

Kitten
07-30-2012, 07:59 PM
I'd feel better about the site if more people joined my Werewolf game

I think it's a little early for circlejerking like this though ;V

Really though I think it's pretty cool, people seem nice, not too offensive or defensive, lots of talented people that I will eventually mooch off of for art, though perhaps it's in need of some more interesting subjects to latch onto. I'm putting off starting any topics that could potentially polarize people yet (things that bring up beliefs and stuff, politics and religion and that sort of stuff) and I'm kind of treading lightly in stating things regarding that because I don't want to step on anyone's toes (or start some form of stupid Internet drama from an off-hand remark that people get offended by or something).

This forum is in desperate need of reaction images though, like this, as me right now

http://i.imgur.com/NG0O3.png

Uini
07-30-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm excited for it honestly! I want to bring along some of my other friends. But I need to dispel the myth that it's strictly furry to them. The community here is very relaxed and I'm happy to see everyone is friendly and open. =)

FishNChips
07-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I think it's a little early for circlejerking like this though ;V

ITS NEVER TOO EARLY FOR THIS KIND OF THING

But that said, I do wonder what the forum will turn into in, say, a week or two from now. FAF (and other forums) became what it was because a sort of general attitude and "culture" that got built up by the users themselves (Within the rules). That's something to keep in mind.

Morphology
07-30-2012, 08:09 PM
ITS NEVER TOO EARLY FOR THIS KIND OF THING

But that said, I do wonder what the forum will turn into in, say, a week or two from now. FAF (and other forums) became what it was because a sort of general attitude and "culture" that got built up by the users themselves (Within the rules). That's something to keep in mind.

The good thing about the forum starting before the site is that it allows the site's "culture" to be established before the site goes public, and it really helps that the current attitude is very mellow and mature. Keep up the good work, everyone! Hopefully this will continue and help Weasyl put a good foot forward when it steps out into the public arena.

Fiz
07-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Good, I'm tired of you not liking Weasyl.

Ibuuyk
07-30-2012, 08:18 PM
"This place sucks so much" (old quote from the #1 poster)

Juste
07-30-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't know what's going on.

Lee
07-30-2012, 08:27 PM
I love this place and how friendly peeps are ah.

Sinjo
07-30-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm digging it too.

Aetius
07-30-2012, 08:30 PM

We are saying how much we love weasyl :v

Kitten
07-30-2012, 08:30 PM

http://i.imgur.com/85Ecd.gif

Sinjo
07-30-2012, 08:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/85Ecd.gif

http://i.imgur.com/jp5VY.gif

ChitterBox
07-30-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm lovin' the place so far. Everything's so chill. I'm usually afraid to post on forums, but this one's different.

SirCoffeecup
07-31-2012, 06:05 AM
Lovely and chill place. I had my doubts about this I must admit. I'd think the start pretty much determines the future of the forums. As long as we don't start to hate eachother but show some tolerance, New joiners will do so too. Eventually we'll have a charming place of friendly folk

Judicant
07-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Darn you people, because of you my plans of cultivating hate energy to power a doomsday device are ruined. >:[

Looks like I"ll have to invent something based on "friendship" or something awful like that instead. GOOD JOB. :P

Tiger
07-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Looks like I"ll have to invent something based on "friendship" or something awful like that instead. GOOD JOB. :P

http://mastertoons.com/upcoming/mlpfim.jpg

Ponies aside, ya. This place rocks. Everyone is friendly and respectful, which is kinda rare on forums these days. This place is a gem compared to other sites I've been on. And I can't wait for the mainsite!

Shane
07-31-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm not sure how Weasyl got so many kind people onto its forums. It must be witchcraft.

But I like it too. I just wish more of my friends would join. They're too attached to other art sites. :c

Judicant
07-31-2012, 10:59 PM
http://mastertoons.com/upcoming/mlpfim.jpg

Sadly I knew this would be posted from what I said.

BUT I DID IT ANYWAY.

Tiger
07-31-2012, 11:11 PM
Sadly I knew this would be posted from what I said.

BUT I DID IT ANYWAY.

Couldn't resist. xD Was worried about getting slack for it, but I'm cool with it.

Taw
08-01-2012, 03:38 AM
Glad you guys are all enjoying the forums so far! Wish I could respond to more threads but I've been working my butt off getting some minor styling issues and such done for the forums. @_@ Just made the forums layout fluid and hopefully we can finalize this theme so I can convert it into a dark theme for users who prefer darker ones. :3

Its wonderful to see the community on here and how active and friendly people are - keep it up everyone. :D

Taw
08-01-2012, 06:24 AM
I find that to be a little disappointing. It's much more functional to have one uniform style rather than multiple; something that represents the hues of the primary website. Furthermore, the difference between the background colours will make different font colours unbearable to look at depending upon the theme.

Well it'd be quite simple to convert the existing theme and have two - this one being the default, then there would be a dark themed similar to this one and then the mobile theme as well (which we'll be working on when we can).

The colours for each theme are completely independent so there is no worries with clashing due to background colours/font colours at all. They don't share the same .css or template files so it's easy to work on one because each theme is isolated from others.

Taw
08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I am a little confused as I am not knowledgeable in forum theme creation, but the way I read what you have just said is that the two different themes will be completely independent from each other?
Example: The font hue I am using now will not be visible on the darker theme, and will appear as the default font pigmentation?
What of the Usergroup colours? Will they be revised to suit both themes, or will there be two separate sets?

Many apologies for all of the questions, Taw. I am both curious and wanting to learn a little about the process.

Was thinking you were talking about the main colours and not post colours and such.

However, we are looking into a way to implement a "hide user color bbcode" option for those who don't want to see posts coloured/styled a certain way.

As for usergroups, they would probably need a slight colour tweak, yeah, we'd need to look more into it first though. A dark theme isn't really a top priority right now, as this current theme still has some flaws we need to iron out.

Matt
08-02-2012, 05:19 PM
I never noticed the beret icons on the sides of the forums before. I really like those. They deserve more attention and praise. If the rest of the site can live up to the standards of those icons, then we will be in tremendous shape.