PDA

View Full Version : This bugs me a bit.

Sinakkro
04-29-2013, 07:24 PM
I've noticed that whenever a submission is made, it automatically gets one view. I'd assume this is because the creator is included as a view, but whatever.
Is this bugging anyone else?

catalepsy
04-29-2013, 10:45 PM
No.

Fay V
04-30-2013, 03:19 AM
No it doesn't really bug me. I mean my computer is one unique view. I never really think much of those stats anyway though.

Sinakkro
05-24-2013, 08:11 PM
No it doesn't really bug me. I mean my computer is one unique view. I never really think much of those stats anyway though.

Eh alright. Sorry if this was a dumb thread to make. ;n;

Fay V
05-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Eh alright. Sorry if this was a dumb thread to make. ;n;

No problem. It's something that you had issue with so it doesn't hurt to share. I think in this case it just doesn't bother us as much.

fluffy
07-07-2013, 10:23 PM
And, hey, you did view it. It's not like we're going to run out of numbers anytime soon.

datavore
07-14-2013, 09:59 AM
This doesn't bother me.

To OP: you didn't state why it bothers you. Does +1 to your total views offset your expectations? Are you running a spreadsheet of some kind?

I'm actually wondering what happens to the views when a non-registered user views a submission or Journal that isn't hidden by adult filters. Does it only count unique IP's as one view? If so, what about people on shared computers like at a net cafe or library? Or people on a proxy server? Then you'd actually lose views in that scenario. Assuming you actually had multiple Weasyl users in the same net cafe which doesn't seem very likely. We're not that popular yet.