PDA

View Full Version : Main Site Question

FunrirWoulfe
04-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Is it okay to stream MST3K or a live riffing of a film in a stream ? I only ask as I do both during my live internet puppet show I do for 6 hours every Sunday morning..... Followed by role-call, skits, sing along to CD's and general randomness..... Show tries to stay PG for the most part.... It's sorta like The Funday Pawpet Show only on in the mornings instead of the late afternoon / early evenings..... or even The Muppet Show from way back when
;-)

Fiz
04-29-2013, 04:24 PM
We don't allow the stream feature to be used to show movies or tv shows, so no, live riffs of films or MST3K wouldn't be allowed.

FunrirWoulfe
04-30-2013, 08:25 AM
Okay, so just a standard Journal w/ a link in it would be okay, as it would only let folks that watch me know that I'm streaming and what I'm streaming?

Again, only asking in case it's a big no-no on this site

Fiz
05-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Okay, so just a standard Journal w/ a link in it would be okay, as it would only let folks that watch me know that I'm streaming and what I'm streaming?

That wouldn't be allowed either, sorry.

Term
05-02-2013, 08:34 AM

The issue primarily stems towards the whole deal of copyright and pirated content. Site's have been taken down for hosting links to other sites or streams which host content that doesn't belong to them/content they don't have permission to exhibit to a mass online audience.

While there are certain grey areas and shakey ground concerning the subject, we don't feel it necessary to put ourselves in a position where the future of the site will hinge based on the fact that people are posting links to their streams where they are exhibiting content they don't have the rights to.

And at the end of the day, the spirit of the Streaming Now feature is to help bring more exposure to artists who either are holding commission streams or want to show the creative process in whatever it is they're doing. We are afterall an art community.

FunrirWoulfe
05-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Only reason I ask is that Ustream, the service I stream through, has yet to send me an e-mail about my content on my show, only thing they've said is that if I get over a certain amount of viewers, then an only then will it be an issue, something like over 200 viewers, and so far I haven't gotten a letter that has told me to stop doing my show....
I'm not asking about the streaming now feature, just doing a standard journal with a link in it to the show, I understand the streaming now is for art streams which is a good thing, my show is just something to blow off some steam & have some fun in the process after a long week of whatever...
However if it's that big of a deal I can post it on some other site that won't have as big of an issue with it